No announcement yet.

Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TNA >>>>>>>>>>>>> WWE! Lockdown will pwn all.

SPLOOSH

Comment

• It was one he said he wanted to do before he was done, but it seems like there may still be a match or two left with guys like Jarrett and Angle, seeing as they've been so involved the last half a year. But still, he's wrestling on iMPACT next week and not to give spoilers, but it's a match I'm very looking forward to.
      Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
        I heard a rumor(not sure if it's true) but that the match vs Sting may be Foley's last
        I have heard that before and then he comes back for one more then one more and so on.

Comment

I heard a rumor(not sure if it's true) but that the match vs Sting may be Foley's last
          And Terry Funk retired 12 years ago.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            And Terry Funk retired 12 years ago.
            Funk retired like 3 times before that, too

Comment

• I suggest all fans of wrestling watch Road House just to see Terry Funk at his finest as a thug. It is a hilarious bad performance and this is coming from a huge Terry Funk fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
                Funk retired like 3 times before that, too
                I always think of the famous ECW retirement as his biggest so I just referenced that.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• My Wrestlemania predictions:

World Heavyweight Championship Triple Threat

John Cena vs Edge(C) vs Big Show

WWE Championship:

HHH vs Randy Orton

Intercontinetinal Championship:

JBL vs Rey Mysterio

WWE Tag Team Titles vs World Tag Team Titles:

Carlito and Primo vs Miz and Morrison

Gail Kim wins the 25 Diva Battle Royal

MITB Match:

Christian vs Finlay vs Kane vs MVP vs CM Punk vs Mark Henry vs Shelton Bejamin vs Kofi Kingston

Chris Jericho vs Piper, Snuka and Steamboatw/ Flair and Rourke

Undertaker vs Shawn Micheals

Extremem Rules Match:

Jeff Hardy vs Matt Hardy

Comment

My Wrestlemania predictions:

World Heavyweight Championship Triple Threat

John Cena vs Edge(C) vs Big Show

WWE Championship:

HHH vs Randy Orton

Intercontinetinal Championship:

JBL vs Rey Mysterio

WWE Tag Team Titles vs World Tag Team Titles:

Carlito and Primo vs Miz and Morrison

Gail Kim wins the 25 Diva Battle Royal

MITB Match:

Christian vs Finlay vs Kane vs MVP vs CM Punk vs Mark Henry vs Shelton Bejamin vs Kofi Kingston

Chris Jericho vs Piper, Snuka and Steamboatw/ Flair and Rourke

Undertaker vs Shawn Micheals

Extremem Rules Match:

Jeff Hardy vs Matt Hardy
                    The only one I would disagree with is the MITB match. It seems like WWE has CM Punk on an eventual path for stardom. I think he wins this match.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

• Cena
                      HHH
                      JBL
                      Miz and Morrison
                      Trish Stratus wins BR
                      Shelton Benjamin
                      Jericho
                      Undertaker
                      Matt Hardy (He NEEDS to win this)
                      Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• Wrestlemania 25 comes down to 7 words:

The Return of the Age of Orton

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Keep in mind a lot of this is done based off of watching bits and parts of raw each week, as I havent watched a full ep in a while.

WWE Championship

Triple H cannot touch Randy Orton until WrestleMania unless physically provoked
                          Triple H vs Randy Orton
                          - Ill go Orton here. He's easily the best thing they have going right now, and while he doesnt NEED this win, it would still be a big feather in his cap. The possibilities on extending this feud are endless, I think Orton reigns over WWE for a while again.

World Heavyweight Championship
                          Triple Threat Match

Edge vs John Cena vs The Big Show
                          - Cena.

Money In The Bank Ladder Match
                          CM Punk vs Kane vs Mark Henry vs Montel Vontavious Porter vs United States Champion Shelton Benjamin vs Kofi Kingston vs Christian vs Finlay
                          - I think Punk, MVP, Shelton, and Christian all have at least a shot at this. Id say Christian, since hes easily my favorite of the group, bit for some reason i dont think so. Ill actually say MVP, i think.

The Streak vs Mr. WrestleMania
                          The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels
                          -Taker.

Brother vs Brother
                          Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy
                          - These two had terrible 1 on 1 chemistry last time they tried to wrestle one another, lets hope this one is better. I havent watched smackdown in forever, so I havent seen the main build to this. So this is a wild guess.

3-on-1 Match
                          Chris Jericho vs Jimmy Snuka, Roddy Piper & Ricky Steamboat
                          Jericho wins, starts to humiliate them, glass shatters, stunner, fans are happy.

World Tag Team Title vs WWE Tag Team Title Match
                          Title For Title

The Miz & John Morrison (w/*Insert Bella here) vs The Colons (w/*Insert Bella Here*
                          - Miz/Morrison have arguably been the best part of WWE in the last year, easily the best thing not in the main event.

Comment

• Intercontinental Title
                            JBL (c) vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.
                            JBL wins and retires as the IC Champion. Solid, harmless opener.

Money in the Bank
                            CM Punk vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Kane vs. Mark Henry vs. Finlay vs. Christian vs. MVP vs. Shelton Benjamin
                            Damn right. NOBODY expects Kofi to win MITB. I like him quite a bit and I think he'd be a very good heel. The world of wrestling needs an evil Jamaican, don't you know. Anyways, it's not like the winner of this match automatically wins the WWE Title or even becomes an instant Main Eventer. Kingston could get drafted over to Smackdown and join the Upper Mid Card scene over there.. Kofi could be the first MITB winner to lose his match, who knows.. There's always a way to work around it. But for the sake of going against the grain.. I will pick Kofi to win it this year.

Chris Jericho vs. Piper/Steamboat/Snuka
                            It's an Elimination match, so that makes me think Snuka and Piper get eliminated quickly. Steamboat seems like he's most capable to perform out of the three, he should get the majority of the action. He picks up the win, since he's being inducted into the Hall of Fame and everything.. Not sure how it all plays out, I can see it being overbooked.. Probably some interference from legends other than Flair. Not sure about Stone Cold showing up, but I'm sure someone will be there to get a big pop out of the fans.. Perhaps Batista shows up at some point to help out Flair somehow.

Tag Title Unification Match
                            The Miz & John Morrison vs. Primo & Carlito Colon
                            Could be Match of the Night. They have great chemistry and I hope the Lumberjacks don't take away too much from this. Miz and Morrison are one of the best things going in WWE.. but I suspect they'll be split up after the draft. John Morrison is ready to move past the ECW/Tag Division at this point. I'm looking forward to this one.

Extreme Rules Match
                            Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy
                            I'll look for this to be more ground oriented with the No DQ coming into play mainly so Matt doesn't have to break submission holds.. Should be light on the real high spot stuff since the Money in the Bank match is also on the card.. Should be plenty of chair shots in this one. I'm sure this isn't going to be the end of the feud, so I'll go with Matt Hardy to win.

25 Diva "Ms. Wrestlemania" Battle Royale
                            Mae Young wins it. Much like how the Iron Sheik won the Gimmick Battle Royale (8 YEARS AGO?!?!?!), Mae picks up the win because she can't physically handle being thrown through the ropes, onto the floor. And you just know she's going to be in this. Can't wait to see Molly Holly again, though.

World Title Match
                            Edge (c) vs. John Cena vs. The Big Show
                            Think Cena can F-U/Attitude Adjust both men at the same time?? It could happen! Anyways, the thing that sticks out to me is that Vickie Guerrero said the winner of this match would not only get the Championship, but get her. This stuff writes itself. John Cena with Vickie Guerrero is vintage hilarity!

Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker
                            Could be the show stealer. At this point, I don't think they'll ever have The Undertaker lose at Wrestlemania. It'll just go down as part of his legend. Shawn Michaels doesn't need to win this match at all. The HBK Promo/video package from the Graveyard a couple weeks ago was one of the best things I've seen in a while. Gotta expect the crowd to be hot for this one, and in the end, my favorite wrestler of all time takes it.

WWE Title Match
                            Triple H (c) vs. Randy Orton
                            Don't know about having two new World Champs for this show.. but I expect Orton to win. He's been on a roll for the past year, the best heel in the company, not to mention, he seems to be Triple H's pet project. I think this match will be No DQ, so.. expect plenty of outside interference.. I can't remember the last time a heel won the Main Event of Wrestlemania, but what better way to solidify Randy Orton as a mega star in the company?

So that's that.. I may have too many faces winning.. but oh well, that's that. Should be a very good show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                              Intercontinental Title

Money in the Bank
                              CM Punk vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Kane vs. Mark Henry vs. Finlay vs. Christian vs. MVP vs. Shelton Benjamin
                              Damn right. NOBODY expects Kofi to win MITB. I like him quite a bit and I think he'd be a very good heel. The world of wrestling needs an evil Jamaican, don't you know. Anyways, it's not like the winner of this match automatically wins the WWE Title or even becomes an instant Main Eventer. Kingston could get drafted over to Smackdown and join the Upper Mid Card scene over there.. Kofi could be the first MITB winner to lose his match, who knows.. There's always a way to work around it. But for the sake of going against the grain.. I will pick Kofi to win it this year.

this actually makes some sense.remember Kofi was supposed to be a part of the Elimination Chamber for the WHC but was attacked by Edge.I def could see Kofi win

Comment

• I think MVP is gonna get big soon on Smackdown......He is like Cena when he first started with fan support.....

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information