Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
    I can't believe no one mentioned this. Bryan Danielson just agreed to a deal(in principle) with WWE yesterday. THAT IS ******* HUGE! I am so pissed he didn't go to TNA, WWE WTL, TNA WTF.
    Im sure both wanted him. Danielson has done basically everything possible in the indies, so im glad hes going to 1 of the 2. With WWE, he probably saw the way CM Punk is succeeding, and the fact that William Regal and Shawn Michaels trained him, and preferred that.

Comment

• ok we did this for tag teams so I'm gonna create a new top 5

fav storylines/fueds All-Time

1. Sting vs NWO
      2. Vince revealed as the Higher Power
      3. The debut of Kane
      4. Austin vs McMahon
      5. Austin vs Rock

Comment

• When Stone Cold and HHH had their "3 stages of hell" match at No Way Out I thought the build up to that match was fantastic and the match lived up to the hype which is hard to do after all that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
          When Stone Cold and HHH had their "3 stages of hell" match at No Way Out I thought the build up to that match was fantastic and the match lived up to the hype which is hard to do after all that.
          true but to me Aistin/McMahon is really what made WWE go to a whole nother level.Sting/NWO is the only reason IMO WCW was consistently winning in the Monday Night Wars

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
            The debut of Kane
            I remember The Undertakers debut I was like eight years old first time a wrestler scared me he was just owning fools.

Comment

• 1. Shawn Michaels going heel and turning on Marty Jannetty was so shocking. I was crying when Shawn smashed Marty's face in the Barber shop window, I was like 7 years old at that time.

2. Undertaker, Paul Bearer and Kane storyline in 1997.

3. Austin vs. McMahon

4. Hart Foundation vs. America

5. NWO vs. WCW, I only liked nwo when it was Hogan, Hall and Nash.
              Taking a Knapp.

Comment

• Even though I was let down in the long run on how they used him when RVD joined WWE I was giddy like a school girl I was yelling my Mom was in the other room like WTF haha.

Comment

I remember The Undertakers debut I was like eight years old first time a wrestler scared me he was just owning fools.
                  Sid Vicious cut a promo and I about **** myself. Hand to God, I locked every door of the house.
                  I want a sig.

Comment

• I always felt bad for the jobbers that had to face Sid Vicious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0hXt...eature=related

I really thought Danny Deese had a chance.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Last edited by T-RICH49; 08-27-2009, 04:05 AM.

Comment

see I was'nt scared of old school Taker,Ministry Taker is who scared the crap out of me.all those fake crucifixes freaked me out

Comment

• Top 5 Favorite Storylines Ever:

1) Undertaker/Kane leading up to Wrestlemania 14
                          2) Austin/McMahon
                          3) Mick Foley Getting Screwed By McMahon, Finally Winning WWF Title
                          4) Sting/nWo
                          5) The Rise of Steve Corino (ECW)
                          Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            I always felt bad for the jobbers that had to face Sid Vicious.
                            Spike Dudley was like a life long jobber when it came to taking bumps how a guy that small could take the kinda beatings he took over the years is beyond me.

Last edited by Splat; 08-27-2009, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• 1. DX vs The Hart Foundation
                              2. WWF vs the Alliance (WCW, ECW)
                              3. Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart
                              4. NWO vs WCW (The whole thing was brilliant!)
                              5. Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle (Siiiick matches between the two)

Comment

• A few storylines in no particular order

- Survivor Series 98: Deadly Games (Mankind goes in as McMahons 'corporate choice', and The Rock goes in as a babyface. Austin is screwed by Shane, and Rock turns heel at the end, becoming the Corporate Champion while Mankind is betrayed by Vince.)

- ROH Summer of Punk (Punk signs with WWE as a babyface having never won the ROH Title, has his "last" ROH match for the belt, wins it, turns heel with one of the best speeches ever, stays another few months while threatening to take the belt to WWE with him. Signs the WWE contract on the ROH title, etc)

- Sting: WCW Savior (As pure of a babyface as youd ever find, the franchise of WCW took on the Outsiders when they invaded the company. nWo introduced an impostor Sting which had the wrestlers believe that he had turned his back on them all. When he said they were wrong, no one believe him. At Fall Brawl 96, he shows up and beats up the fake Sting and the nWo as his teammates look on. He then walks out of the match having proven his innocence. Next night on Nitro he cuts a promo about feeling betrayed by WCW, the fans, and his friends for not believing him. He declared himself a Free Agent. He started showing up in the rafters and crowd with crow facepaint and a trench coat. He would test WCW wrestlers loyalty by provoking them and then handing them his bat and turning his back. Eventually he openly sided with, and became the savior of WCW and took the title from Hogan.)

- WrestleMania 3 - WrestleMania 5 (Andre The Giant turns heel and joins up with Bobby Heenen after Hogan hogs the spotlight from him in a trophy presentation (Hogans for being WWF Champ for 3 years, Andre's for being Undefeated for 15 years). This leads to their famous WrestleMania 3 match where Hogan retained the title and became an icon. Following Survivor Series later that year, they would sign to have a rematch on "The Main Event". Andre would win the title here in controversial fashion, and immediately sell the championship to The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase. The belt was vacated and a tournament was held at WrestleMania 4. Randy Savage would win the title, defeating Ted Dibiase in the finals, turning Savage into a legit superstar. Soon after, the Mega Powers were formed (managed by Miss Elizabeth) and took on Andre and Dibiase at Summerslam. The Megapowers dominated the WWF for over a year until Elizabeth became an issue between the two. Savage was paranoid about his wife and Hogan. Savage would turn heel and the two would meet at WrestleMania 5 where Hogan would once again win the belt.)

- Evolution (HHH, Flair, Orton, Batista. HHH dominates the World Title scene while Orton and Batista are built as credible threats. Orton holds the IC Title for 9 months, then wins the World Title at Summerslam 04. He is kicked out by the jealous HHH and the two feud. Meanwhile, Batista begins to realize that HHH is no longer interested in elevating him, he just wants to use him to reclaim and hold onto the world title. The Batista slow burn, culminating with him winning the Royal Rumble, was awesome. HHH tries to get Batista to go to Smackdown and face JBL at wrestlemania so that Evolution can dominate the WWE. In an attempt to persuade him to pick JBL, HHH schemes to have JBL's limo try and run Batista over, only for HHH to save him at the last minute. Batista overhears this plot and ends up signing to wrestle HHH at WrestleMania 21. He proceeds to powerbomb HHH thru a table and become one of the biggest babyfaces of this decade. HHH and Batista would go on to have 3 very good matches, culminating with Hell in a Cell. This would be HHH's last program as a true Heel, as he turned babyface shortly after and hasnt turned back.)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information