If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
I can't believe no one mentioned this. Bryan Danielson just agreed to a deal(in principle) with WWE yesterday. THAT IS ******* HUGE! I am so pissed he didn't go to TNA, WWE WTL, TNA WTF.
Im sure both wanted him. Danielson has done basically everything possible in the indies, so im glad hes going to 1 of the 2. With WWE, he probably saw the way CM Punk is succeeding, and the fact that William Regal and Shawn Michaels trained him, and preferred that.
1. DX vs The Hart Foundation
2. WWF vs the Alliance (WCW, ECW)
3. Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart
4. NWO vs WCW (The whole thing was brilliant!)
5. Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle (Siiiick matches between the two)
- Survivor Series 98: Deadly Games (Mankind goes in as McMahons 'corporate choice', and The Rock goes in as a babyface. Austin is screwed by Shane, and Rock turns heel at the end, becoming the Corporate Champion while Mankind is betrayed by Vince.)
- ROH Summer of Punk (Punk signs with WWE as a babyface having never won the ROH Title, has his "last" ROH match for the belt, wins it, turns heel with one of the best speeches ever, stays another few months while threatening to take the belt to WWE with him. Signs the WWE contract on the ROH title, etc)
- Sting: WCW Savior (As pure of a babyface as youd ever find, the franchise of WCW took on the Outsiders when they invaded the company. nWo introduced an impostor Sting which had the wrestlers believe that he had turned his back on them all. When he said they were wrong, no one believe him. At Fall Brawl 96, he shows up and beats up the fake Sting and the nWo as his teammates look on. He then walks out of the match having proven his innocence. Next night on Nitro he cuts a promo about feeling betrayed by WCW, the fans, and his friends for not believing him. He declared himself a Free Agent. He started showing up in the rafters and crowd with crow facepaint and a trench coat. He would test WCW wrestlers loyalty by provoking them and then handing them his bat and turning his back. Eventually he openly sided with, and became the savior of WCW and took the title from Hogan.)
- WrestleMania 3 - WrestleMania 5 (Andre The Giant turns heel and joins up with Bobby Heenen after Hogan hogs the spotlight from him in a trophy presentation (Hogans for being WWF Champ for 3 years, Andre's for being Undefeated for 15 years). This leads to their famous WrestleMania 3 match where Hogan retained the title and became an icon. Following Survivor Series later that year, they would sign to have a rematch on "The Main Event". Andre would win the title here in controversial fashion, and immediately sell the championship to The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase. The belt was vacated and a tournament was held at WrestleMania 4. Randy Savage would win the title, defeating Ted Dibiase in the finals, turning Savage into a legit superstar. Soon after, the Mega Powers were formed (managed by Miss Elizabeth) and took on Andre and Dibiase at Summerslam. The Megapowers dominated the WWF for over a year until Elizabeth became an issue between the two. Savage was paranoid about his wife and Hogan. Savage would turn heel and the two would meet at WrestleMania 5 where Hogan would once again win the belt.)
- Evolution (HHH, Flair, Orton, Batista. HHH dominates the World Title scene while Orton and Batista are built as credible threats. Orton holds the IC Title for 9 months, then wins the World Title at Summerslam 04. He is kicked out by the jealous HHH and the two feud. Meanwhile, Batista begins to realize that HHH is no longer interested in elevating him, he just wants to use him to reclaim and hold onto the world title. The Batista slow burn, culminating with him winning the Royal Rumble, was awesome. HHH tries to get Batista to go to Smackdown and face JBL at wrestlemania so that Evolution can dominate the WWE. In an attempt to persuade him to pick JBL, HHH schemes to have JBL's limo try and run Batista over, only for HHH to save him at the last minute. Batista overhears this plot and ends up signing to wrestle HHH at WrestleMania 21. He proceeds to powerbomb HHH thru a table and become one of the biggest babyfaces of this decade. HHH and Batista would go on to have 3 very good matches, culminating with Hell in a Cell. This would be HHH's last program as a true Heel, as he turned babyface shortly after and hasnt turned back.)