Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
    - ROH Summer of Punk (Punk signs with WWE as a babyface having never won the ROH Title, has his "last" ROH match for the belt, wins it, turns heel with one of the best speeches ever, stays another few months while threatening to take the belt to WWE with him. Signs the WWE contract on the ROH title, etc)
    That was one of the best recent story lines I've seen.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

• I would have liked to have seen that I have started to watch ROH more but always seems to be repeats on HDNET when are the new shows?

Comment

• Monday nights, at least here soon they will be. The HDnet shows are all online though.

Still, and this is my opinion, i dont know how anyone else feels, but ROH is so watered down and stale compared to what it was in from 03-06. Basically from the beginning of Samoa Joe's reign to the end of Danielson's reign where Homicide finally won it. The HDnet shows are so boring to me.

Nigels super long reign where he had the same match with EVERYONE killed it for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
          Still, and this is my opinion, i dont know how anyone else feels, but ROH is so watered down and stale compared to what it was in from 03-06. Basically from the beginning of Samoa Joe's reign to the end of Danielson's reign where Homicide finally won it. The HDnet shows are so boring to me.
          I was wondering because I started watching it lately since I kept hearing all this hype about it and I thought it was ok but nothing great.

Comment

• Those are all great choices Comahan. The only issue I had with the fake Sting storyline was that he looked nothing like Sting. After the first appearance in the limo it was pretty obvious. In terms of the nWo I'd have to say that the first two months before Hogan joined were actually the best. I was just never a fan of Hogan with the title. Nash and Hall made the nWo cool, even if Hogan gave it more notoriety.

In terms of other fueds I like, I'd have to say:

Brett Hart-Shawn Michaels (with a little Stone Cold and Undertaker for variety). I love shoots. This was one of the best 'real' rivalries. Montreal was a let down, but it also made everything before it that much more exciting.

Mick Foley anti-hardcore in ECW. I love it when the heels are right, mostly because I love to laugh at the hypocrisy of the average wrestling fan. Almost everything Foley said about ECW fans was right, and for a long time they couldn't even boo him for it until they knew he was leaving for the WWF. Good stuff.

Black Power Nation of Domination. First of all, Farooq at that time was a bad mama jamma. This is another case of turning it on the fans. Farooq got the most heat for saying things like "a black man should be champion." He was absolutely correct about the racism in pro-wrestling, but fans didn't want to hear it. When they got the skin heads led by Bryan Adams that was even better. Any time you can get fans to cheer for neo-nazis you've got something going. The Rock has the NOD to thank for making him credible.

Jake the Snake Roberts v. Macho Man Randy Savage- they actually feuded first in 1986 but the one people remember most is in 1992 when Roberts disrupted Macho's wedding to Elizabeth with his cobra. The snake bite Macho so hard that the puncture would and blood was visible on tv. Roberts was such a good heel and so cool that fans couldn't help but cheer for him. One of the most interesting personas in the history of the WWF.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• I should have also mentioned Dreamer and Raven in ECW. It went on and on, but always stayed fresh by adding new elements.

Comment

• possible Breaking Point spoiler

Comment

• Comment

• Jeff Hardy vs CM Punk in a steel cage match this Friday on SD.

Comment

• I got bored and started reading this thread from the first page and I must say this thread is one very old two very long and three my eyes hurt and I only made it to the teens.

Comment

• In accordance with WWE's Wellness Program, effective Wednesday, September 2, Oscar Gutierrez (Rey Mysterio) is suspended for 30 days for a violation of the company’s policy.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/869043

Comment

• I give them credit for putting teeth in their program this time, but it's pretty sad when a guy like Rey has a drug problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            I give them credit for putting teeth in their program this time, but it's pretty sad when a guy like Rey has a drug problem.
                            look at Rey when he first was in WCW to now and it's obvious he was on the juice

Comment

• TNA in about 15 min.

I hope Rey wasn't on the juice but it is hard not to notice how much bigger he got.

Comment

• It's particularly sad given the fact that two of his good friends have already died of roids, not to mention his former tag mate Abismo Negro. In the end it comes back to the WWE demanding that everyone look like the incredible hulk, although maybe the fans bear some of that blame too.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information