Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
    Bet Vince feels stupid now if they do end up in TNA
    I'm sure he is not losing sleep over it.

As for ROH I have watched it a few times after hearing all the hype its all right but didn't live up to what people were telling me about it.

That said most of their big talent has moved on from what I understand so its not the same product.

Its like me trying to tell people about the original ECW unless you saw it first hand you have no idea what you missed.

Rob Van Dam and Jerry Lynn put on some of the greatest matches I have ever seen they wrestled each other in WWE a few times but it was so not the same.
    Last edited by Splat; 10-20-2009, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• ROH in 05/06/07 was GOLDEN. Great product.

ROH now kinda sucks :(

Comment

• Word seems to be that WWE may have backed out of signing Nigel because of concerns over his past injuries

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
          ROH in 05/06/07 was GOLDEN. Great product.

ROH now kinda sucks :(
          I couldn't agree more. I started watching ROH towards the latter part of 05 and watched it all the way up until the middle of '07. However, most of their big name talent has moved on. Samoa Joe, CM Punk, AJ Styles, Brian Danielson, Homicide, Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Low Ki, Paul London, Sonjay Dutt are all ROH alumni along with others that I'm not mentioning.

Right now they have Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, Chris Hero, Davey Richards, and Tyler Black as the big guys in the company and while I'm a huge fan of the first four, their roster isn't stacked as it once was and it's evident.

One of the main reasons for ROH's success, other than the star power, was it's head book, Gabe Sapolsky, a former ECW employee. Since his departure the booking has gone down and the product just isn't as exciting as it once was. Sapolsky's new endeavor where he is VP is Dragon Gate USA, which is a lot like what ROH used to be.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
          WHO DAT!

Comment

• So, to cover ground on a busy day...

-Danielson and Nigel agree in principle to WWE Contracts and end their tenures in ROH.

-Danielson and Nigel come in for physicals and drug tests so they can sign their deals officially. Nigel's bicep is messed up from his past injuries, and wwe decided it wasnt worth giving money to a guy that might not be able to work every night like their schedule demands. They opt to not sign Nigel. Danielson HAS signed.

-Nigel contacts TNA, and is immediately picked up because they've loved him for a while. His injuries are less of a concern there because of the considerably lighter schedule.

-Nigel debuts at the TNA Tapings in grand fashion.
            Last edited by comahan; 10-21-2009, 01:49 AM.

Comment

• Yeah, not to give away too much, but yeah, TNA's getting behind Nigel big time.
              Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

So, to cover ground on a busy day...

-Danielson and Nigel agree in principle to WWE Contracts and end their tenures in ROH.

-Danielson and Nigel come in for physicals and drug tests so they can sign their deals officially. Nigel's bicep is messed up from his past injuries, and wwe decided it wasnt worth giving money to a guy that might not be able to work every night like their schedule demands. They opt to not sign Nigel. Danielson HAS signed.

-Nigel contacts TNA, and is immediately picked up because they've loved him for a while. His injuries are less of a concern there because of the considerably lighter schedule.

I was hoping that TNA would land both Nigel and Danielson.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

So, to cover ground on a busy day...

I'm very interested in seeing both of these guys. When I was really into things RoH was like a big mystery to me, but I just never got around to actually seeing it. Now I'm back to watching wrestling almost every week, and I'm hearing some good things about these two.
                  "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                  ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• I'm The Miz!!!! And I'm Awesome!!!

Pro wrestler wants to pummel Mangini

On The Browns

"A person I'd like to see and smack the sh-t out of is [Browns coach] Eric Mangini," Mr. Miz recently said, per ESPN.com. "That's what I'd like to do. He is doing absolutely horrific. He is horrible. Brady Quinn sucks. Derek Anderson sucks. But the reason why they suck is that their offensive line is not giving them time to throw the ball. I want to smack Eric Mangini so hard he poops himself."

On The Rock

"I think he's too much of a girl now," Miz says. "He's no longer The Rock, he's Dwayne Johnson. I'm Dwayne Johnson (in his best girly voice). I think now that he's Dwayne Johnson, I can take him. He's skinny. He's like a toothpick. He's what, 150-pounds soaking wet?" ~~~ The Miz

Comment

• The Rock would snap that worm Miz like a toothpick.

IF YA SMMEEELLLLLLLLLL WHAT THE ROCK.......IS COOKING!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I have been playing the heck out of the new SD vs Raw game on PS2 and I love it for the most.

Randy Orton is such a beast on the game the RKO looks so bad ass and you can do it like 3 or 4 different ways.

I would say most of the finishers look pretty sweet my biggest beef is on the Go To Sleep I was let down.

I made AJ Styles and have been owning with him I didn't get the face right but from the neck down he looks good and I got his moves.
                        Last edited by Splat; 10-22-2009, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Angle face turn

Comment

• McGuiness/Angle fued FTW

Comment

• Loved impact tonight. Nothing I really disliked, aside from maybe the end of Rhino's promo.

My name is Wolfe. Desmond Wolfe.

Comment

• finally MCMG gets a push.

is it me or has Impact the past 2-3 weeks been better then it has in sometime

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information