Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    Bret very often stumbled over his own words. He botched a lot of promos and was far from realistic, but rather completely lacking in timing.

    This isn't exactly a ground-breaking opinion I'm putting forth here, he's one of the few 'top' guys in the history of the business that simply couldn't talk. His best angles were always with guys that built the heat for him.
    I think he is in the reign of guys like Benoit who have below average mic skills but were able to cut a decent promo when the time called for it. He's not exactly Shelton Benjamin.


    RIP TheManInBlack

    Comment


    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8KqRLNmYG0

      Tell me you did not just say THAT!


      Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

      Comment


      • This is Bret freaking Hart we are talking about he can just stand there and do nothing and I'm going to watch.

        Comment


        • Bottom line is Bret didn't need to be good on the mic because he was a great worker which meant he was able to tell the story in the ring as opposed to on the mic like a lot of guys have to do.

          Comment


          • I'm just glad Bret is coming back, I can't wait to hear that music hit.
            Taking a Knapp.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Crickett View Post
              What about hypnosis?

              This is a groin pull the likes of which you've never seen in your life.


              RIP TheManInBlack

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                I think he is in the reign of guys like Benoit who have below average mic skills but were able to cut a decent promo when the time called for it. He's not exactly Shelton Benjamin.
                Bret was definitely a better talker than Chris... but that's not saying much. I'm not exactly unbiased as I was and still am a huge mark for the Hitman as evidenced by my sig and avy.

                Comment


                • Bret is one of the best in ring performers of all time I could not care less about his mic skills.

                  Comment


                  • Except he's coming back to talk, not wrestling. It would be like Hulk Hogan coming back to put on a display of technical wrestling (and we've gone full circle)


                    Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      Except he's coming back to talk, not wrestling. It would be like Hulk Hogan coming back to put on a display of technical wrestling (and we've gone full circle)
                      This is a good point.

                      That said outside of him hosting Raw (If He Does) I don't see him doing alot of talking he is never going to go out and do a 10 minute talk fest like HHH.

                      Its still up in the air how they will use him.

                      Comment


                      • BF51 you make it sound like Bret has down syndrome or is a mute. Unfortunately the stroke makes it more difficult for him to communicate confidently and he was never that confident on the mic to begin with. He is a very intelligent well read person who always gave thoughtful responses and worked hard to improve his mic skills and promos. I know Meltzer thought Bret gave the best interview in the business by '97 when he was more experienced at cutting promos.

                        Comment


                        • Brett's promo's in WCW were absolutely awful, and this was well after '97.

                          People keep bringing up the Canada angle, but that was a tremendous angle where all Bret had to do was act like a self-righteous asshole, which, come on, that's not really much of a stretch.

                          I don't dislike Bret Hart, because I can appreciate technical wrestling. I also think this would be a big money maker for the WWE, and it makes sense considering their programing is back to being G-rated.

                          I'm just saying he sucked on the mic.


                          Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            Brett's promo's in WCW were absolutely awful, and this was well after '97.

                            People keep bringing up the Canada angle, but that was a tremendous angle where all Bret had to do was act like a self-righteous asshole, which, come on, that's not really much of a stretch.

                            I don't dislike Bret Hart, because I can appreciate technical wrestling. I also think this would be a big money maker for the WWE, and it makes sense considering their programing is back to being G-rated.

                            I'm just saying he sucked on the mic.
                            I really respect your opinion as you are obviously intelligent and one of the best posters. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

                            Oh and as for the WCW promos... he wasn't prepared well by the idiot in charge of that company. Bret needed direction and needed to know what he was going to talk about beforehand. He talks about in his book how Eric always ran things by the seat of his pants and was constantly changing things at the last minute.

                            Comment


                            • I think Bret was okay. He wasn't terrible, but he wasn't really all that either. His mic skills were good enough to let his in ring skills to do the talking. When you wrestle as great as Bret Hart did it's not that big a problem. Everyone can't be like Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair to where they're both great in the ring and on the mic. Bret's a legend regardless of his mic skills.
                              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                              ~Nigerian Proverb

                              Da riddum is too much for you.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

                              Comment


                              • Sure would like to see this guy back on TV.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information