No announcement yet.

Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hogan segment that went head to head with Shawn/Bret's segment drew a 2.2 Rating.

Comment

• Not the 3.0 Hulk was predicting but pretty good first time out.

Comment

• lol even Hulk knew they wouldnt do a 3. The fact that they not only retained their normal 1.5 million viewers, but gained an additional 700k while going head to head with WWE is more than "pretty good" though.

I hope WWE did a better than normal rating as well. Would show that there are more wrestling fans out there.

Comment

• 1.5 isn't bad. Drawing a 2.2 against HBK/Bret is pretty good as well. TNA can take some good things from last night and hopefully add momentum.
          Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• Monday's edition of WWE Raw featuring Bret Hart's return averaged 5.60 million viewers, which was the largest viewing audience since the Raw after Summerslam on August 24.

The show drew a very strong rating among males 18-49, drawing a 3.37 rating in the key demo. That was the highest rating since the commercial-free Raw on June 22 averaged a 3.71 rating.

The last time Raw drew a male 18-49 demo rating higher than the commercial-free show was the Raw after WrestleMania 26.

So, give or take, around a 3.7-3.8

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
              Firstly, Pope and Wolfe got more time than any of the old guys sans Hogan and Bisch. As did Joe and Abyss. And the Knockouts Tag Match. All featuring "TNA guys".

But age is easily the most overrated thing in wrestling to me. Like, by FAR. Its so annoying to hear everyone constantly gripe about not always having the young guys on top.

The Nasty Boys segments took like a total of 90 seconds tops. HOW AWFUL!
              Do you work for TNA?

Age can be an overrated aspect, it just depends on what you're asking people to do. Obviously it was a problem in WCW because they were pushing only old guys at the top, and so the company itself had an image of being unathletic and unrealistic.

Having a lot of those guys around isn't a problem simply because they are old, it's because they suck now, or have always sucked. Hogan can be a useful guy to have around depending on how he's used (I personally wasn't a fan of the storyline so far and I think they are building him up more than the current level of interest dictates), Scott Hall is one of my 2-3 favorite guys in the business, but I'm guessing TNA even knows he's probably good for a month at best. Syxx and the Nasty Boys are ****, and I really hope they aren't kept for more than that 1st show. Flair? As a manager, sure. Otherwise, come on, I could kick Flair's ass.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Comahan, are you sure it didn't draw 2.2 million viewers, not a rating. That's a big difference.
                I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• For the interest of seeing them prolly legitly beat each other down, I want to see 3D/Nasty Boys. But then Knobbs and Saggs can go.

Comment

Monday's edition of WWE Raw featuring Bret Hart's return averaged 5.60 million viewers, which was the largest viewing audience since the Raw after Summerslam on August 24.

The show drew a very strong rating among males 18-49, drawing a 3.37 rating in the key demo. That was the highest rating since the commercial-free Raw on June 22 averaged a 3.71 rating.

The last time Raw drew a male 18-49 demo rating higher than the commercial-free show was the Raw after WrestleMania 26.

So, give or take, around a 3.7-3.8
                    Commercial free shows kick ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by the_legend_killer View Post
                      Comahan, are you sure it didn't draw 2.2 million viewers, not a rating. That's a big difference.
                      no, the Hogan segment drew 2.9 million viewers (2.2) then fell back down after he left, making the quarter hour drop to a 1.9 total

Comment

1.5 isn't bad. Drawing a 2.2 against HBK/Bret is pretty good as well. TNA can take some good things from last night and hopefully add momentum.
                        yeah like stop going to commercials every 2 minutes during the show

Comment

no, the Hogan segment drew 2.9 million viewers (2.2) then fell back down after he left, making the quarter hour drop to a 1.9 total

Ahh, alright. Out of curiosity, where'd you get the quarter hour info?

Comment

• 1.58 8-8:15
                            1.70 8:15-8:30
                            1.78 8:30-8:45
                            1.71 8:45-9

1.88 9-9:15
                            1.30 9:15-9:30
                            1.42 9:30-9:45
                            1.16 9:45-10

1.17 10-10:15
                            1.21 10:15-10:30
                            1.19 10:30-10:45
                            1.30 10:45-11

Comment

1.58 8-8:15
                              1.70 8:15-8:30
                              1.78 8:30-8:45
                              1.71 8:45-9

1.88 9-9:15
                              1.30 9:15-9:30
                              1.42 9:30-9:45
                              1.16 9:45-10

1.17 10-10:15
                              1.21 10:15-10:30
                              1.19 10:30-10:45
                              1.30 10:45-11
                              Cool. Is a specific site putting that out?

Comment

Cool. Is a specific site putting that out?
                                PWInsider Elite, and Gerweck, I believe. I get these off of a forum, though, where anytime theres news, theres a new thread about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information