No announcement yet.

Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One problem is there is no "real" competition for the WWE to force them to push the envelope ala the Attitude Era. Now they can rest on their laurels and do as they wish because fans really don't have much of an alternative. And the fact that Stephanie McMahon is behind the scenes and she has no feel or grasp for the business.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• very true.. TNA is the closest thing, but hey, just like the old days.. if TNA happens to do anything remotely interesting, vince will just offer more money to their top guys, then job them out on his shows!

the vince mcmahon way.

how many of you would have killed to see WCW vs WWF vs ECW done right? with ALL the major players involved. nope, vince cant stand to give anyone else credit if he didn't make them a star himself, or put aside old grudges for the sake of the business. instead we get a watered down WWF vs WWF vs WWF with one or 2 guys sprinkled in there. Vince has too big of an ego to just shut his mouth and make money. with all the property he owns now he should be able to do things unheard of, but he hasn't and it's looking more and more to me like he never will.
      I'm Charles Rogers. I had 68 catches and 13 touchdowns

Comment

• The problem is that everything is so heavily scripted.. Especially interviews. Nobody is given a chance to get over with their own words.. The people who get the majority of the mic time are Main Eventers... and when an Undercard guy gets to cut a promo, he's basically going off of something that has already been written for his 'character'..

What's also annoying is how the writing staff is filled with Nickelodeon/Hollywood soap opera style writers who have no clue about wrestling.. I remember reading about how one of the writers once asked JBL how he got the fake blood to flow from his forehead.. All they've done is surround themselves with a bunch of clueless yes-men.

Comment

• LK's Take on Current Wrestling:

TNA: Right now, I prefer TNA to WWE simply for the fact that they are the underdog and have SO much damn potential. Guys like Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels could help lead to a new era in wrestling. The X-Division (When it was pushed legitly) was VERY entertaining and provided awesome matches. The problem with TNA is getting it out there so people know about it. The undercard has some guys I really think are future legit ME'ers in Robert Roode, James Storm, Eric Young (The guy is MAD over, but losing steam), Jay Lethal, etc. Guys like AJ, Joe, Daniels, Abyss (Yeah, he's seen as a Mankind/Kane rip, but you have to admit the man does good work and has given a LOT to the company), Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, etc. are the future, it's just getting them out there. Of all the champs, I see Christian Cage as the most legit (Well now maybe 2nd to 'Taker) and is the most entertaining of the group (His promo's = money).

WWE: To me WWE is kind of a sleeping giant. In 2003-2004 WWE was not good at all, in fact I stopped watching all together. I think they grew stale because they had no legit competition, so what's the point of trying to push the envelope? Once TNA grew to a national level, they started to try some things again and have improved. That said, there's a lot about WWE I still don't like (Super Cena, the lack of tag team wrestling although TNA's has fizzled out as of late as well, the brand extension becoming nonexistant). That said, I openly admit that I still watch WWE for only 4 people (Randy Orton, The Undertaker, Umaga and Mr. Kennedy...............Kennedy).

Overall, not to tell you who or what to watch, I think wrestling fans should cheer and hope that TNA grows to prominance, as it would benefit the business, the wrestlers but most importantly, the fans. It may not be as good as the Attitude Era, but WWE v. TNA has the potential to be pretty damn good.
          Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• TNA needs more than 1 hour because Impact usually isn't great wrestling wise.

I agree that WWE needs to start pushing mid-card's and tags is that they only have 2 hours a week for Raw and SD. It was easier for old WWE to push that stuff when their was 2 two hour shows a week (wasn't Raw 3 hours at one time?). Two hours is not enough to push the 4 titles that are on both shows. Unless, of course, they want to go the TNA route and make everything very PPVcentric and be very quick with the cable matches. I guess my point is, there shouldn't be seperate rosters and titles for the shows. It should be all 1 unit again.
            Last edited by bigrick0016; 04-03-2007, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• I agree with you 100% that TNA needs 2 hours. They wouldn't have to rush matches, and could give more time for guys to show that they can do the job.
              Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• Nitro used to be 3 hours long.. which is too long, IMO..

Comment

• Anybody seen WSX on MTV they have some old stars like X-PAC (now 6-pac), and Vampiro and the Insane Clown Posse

Jags:8-8
                  Duke B-Ball:22-10
                  Florida Gators: 13-1 BCS Champs
                  4/16/07 R.I.P VT
                  sig by jackalope

Comment

• im gonna start watching WWE again just so i can participate. is Smackdown still on thursdays?

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

• And i watched every minute of it :P

Well, maybe some WWF too, but i always watched 3 hours of wrestling on Mondays.

I agree with Rick on TNA needing more time. And they will get it. Its been in the works for a while, but TNA is waiting, hoping they get another rise in ratings so they get more money in the deal.
                      Last edited by comahan; 04-03-2007, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jagsfreak27 View Post
                        Anybody seen WSX on MTV they have some old stars like X-PAC (now 6-pac), and Vampiro and the Insane Clown Posse
                        It was canceled. If it is on TV anymore then they are re-runs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
                          im gonna start watching WWE again just so i can participate. is Smackdown still on thursdays?
                          Fridays at 8 EST

Comment

im gonna start watching WWE again just so i can participate. is Smackdown still on thursdays?
                            smackdown is now on fridays

Comment

• Originally posted by jagsfreak27 View Post
                              Anybody seen WSX on MTV they have some old stars like X-PAC (now 6-pac), and Vampiro and the Insane Clown Posse
                              XPAC was my dude. Him and Scott hall were my faves along with Steve Austin

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

If you have nothing to do tonight, WWE airs "ECW" on Tuesday Nights at 10 on the Sci Fi channel.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information