No announcement yet.

Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I go back and forth on him, I'm currently pro Mr. Anderson because he made fun of the troops, and anyone that has the stones to do that in front of an audience full of rednecks gets my love.

Seriously, when Kurt was blathering on about how he represents the troops with his fake wrestling I was all like:

But then when Mr. Anderson came out and made him look like an ass I was all like:

Also, I've made no bones about the fact that I think TNA is a vastly inferior product, so I was trying to be fair by having 4 TNA guys on there.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Joe should be in the top 5 not at 10

Comment

• Kudos for the list attempt BF51 and I agree on a lot of it, but Anderson above Joe is chuckleworthy.
        Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• I only put Joe on there because he's popular with TNA fans. His ring psychology sucks. He's fat. And his mic work is mediocre. He's like a fat version of John Morrison come to think of it.

Honestly, other than taking spots, what does Joe do particularly well?
          Last edited by bearsfan_51; 02-22-2010, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• Who cares if he's fat? He moves better than guys lighter than him. Anderson's kind of the opposite, great on the mic, but average in the ring. (And this is coming from a big Anderson fan)
            I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• I don't consider Joe great in the ring though. He's great at taking spots, and for a fat guy, he can move. Those are positive qualities, but his in-ring psychology and ability to develop a match pales in comparison to a guy like Randy Orton, or even A.J. Styles (who himself is a bit of a "spot guy")

As for why it matters that he's fat, wrestling is based on perception, and Joe looks like a guy who could barely run up a flight of stairs. Sure, I would take that over a guy who looks like Chris Masters but can't move for ****, but ideally you should be both.

Comment

• I'd like to see a good Heel faction being added. They haven't had one in awhile. Maybe something with Vince in charge.
                Last edited by MaxV; 02-22-2010, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• He's over with the limited # of people at the TNA arena. I'm always skeptical of how much that would translate to a 20k seat arena audience. Maybe there are merchandise #'s available.

There was a recent poll on TNA's website (also unscientific, but a bigger sample) for the most popular wrestler in TNA. The top guys outside of AJ Styles were all old WWE guys.

Comment

• Where was this poll at? I visit the site fairly often, but have never come across it. Joe was voted Mr. TNA in 2006 and 2007, but they haven't done that in a few years, so who know who they've vote for now.

Comment

• It was on the front page, maybe a few weeks ago.

Comment

• rumor is WWE is considering using the pyro mishap to further the HBK/Taker angle claiming HBK was responsible.also rumor is Taker MAY be at RAW tonight

Comment

• Chris Jericho is the only wrestler to hold the WWE, World Heavyweight, World Tag Team, WWE Tag Team, Intercontinental, European, and Hardcore championships at some point in his career.

Comment

• also appearantly there will be MITB qualifying matches beggining tonight

Comment

• My attempt at a list. My favorite wrestlers atm.

1. The Pope
                              2. Randy Orton
                              3. CM Punk
                              4. Kurt Angle
                              5. Desmond Wolfe
                              6. Chris Jericho
                              7. Mr Anderson
                              8. The Miz
                              9. Edge
                              10. AJ Styles

The Greatest Man That Ever Lived, A Double, Austin Aries... comes in at #11.

Christian comes in at #12, taking a huge fall from his former spot at easily #1 on my list 2-3 years ago. He was AWESOME as the leader of Christian's Coalition. My favorite heel since DX HBK ('97) and NWA Flair (80's). He doesnt get interview time in WWE, and when he does, its the typical stuff that everyone else gets that does nothing to add to character, its just there for story purposes.
                              Last edited by comahan; 02-22-2010, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• my list

1. Edge
                                2. AJ
                                3. The Pope
                                4. Jericho
                                5. Angle
                                6. Joe (me and bearsfan will have to disagree on Joe)
                                7. Mr Anderson
                                8. Kaz (although techinally he just returned to TNA)
                                9. Generation Me
                                10. MCMG

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information