Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by portermvp84 View Post
    It in going to go down as one of the best matches of all time. I can't remember but did Mankind get choke slapped on tacks or was that another match?
    I don't really think so. It had some big spots, but I don't even really think it's the best HIAC match (I'd put HBK/Taker and maybe even Taker/Lesnar above it).

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      I don't really think so. It had some big spots, but I don't even really think it's the best HIAC match (I'd put HBK/Taker and maybe even Taker/Lesnar above it).
      Taker/HBK drew legit 5* ratings from all graders (Even the tough ones), and that's saying something about the match itself considering it had a Dusty finish (With the debut of Kane). Lesnar/Taker was pretty good too, but Cactus Jack/HHH from 2000 No way Out was a pretty good'n too.
      Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• This past Wrestler Manias had to be one of the best. I know it was the best of all time but it still ranked up there.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

• Eh, I kind of disagree. It was a solid show, but it seriously lacked the star power most shows have had, and in just the past few years, the WM that was in Seattle was way better because everyone was rooting for Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit and both of them had intense matches to win their first titles.

And I think back to WM 14 in Boston, and of course I am definitely being subjective since I was there, but Kane vs. Understaker for the first real match and Austin winning his first world title was amazing.

This one really lacked that really profound special moment. Even Undertaker winning the title was just kind of "meh, sweet!"

But maybe that's just me...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay View Post
            Eh, I kind of disagree. It was a solid show, but it seriously lacked the star power most shows have had, and in just the past few years, the WM that was in Seattle was way better because everyone was rooting for Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit and both of them had intense matches to win their first titles.

And I think back to WM 14 in Boston, and of course I am definitely being subjective since I was there, but Kane vs. Understaker for the first real match and Austin winning his first world title was amazing.

This one really lacked that really profound special moment. Even Undertaker winning the title was just kind of "meh, sweet!"

But maybe that's just me...
            No, it's not just you. Money in the Bank started the show off pretty well (although I think 8 wrestlers is too many for the match, keep it at 6), and the WWE/World title matches were pretty good, but stupid backstage stuff and the women's match took time away from matches that should have been given more time (both title matches, Benoit/MVP). Also, the ECW match should have been what we saw last Tuesday, which was a thousand times better and more entertaining then the crap they put on at Wrestlemania.

Comment

• This years Wrestlemania wasn't the best (Personally, I liked X7 the best), but I thought I'd throw a topic out here and see what we get, who is the most underrated wrestler today, or in other words, who could/should really be pushed higher in the card? Personally, I'd go with Christopher Daniels, although it looks as though he may get a big time money feud with Sting sooner than later, so that's good. Thoughts?
              I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• I used to be a huge wrestling fan back in the 90s but I lost interest a few years ago. I recently tried to get back into it but its hard. I can't help but remember the days where it was more about the wrestling and less about the angles.

Comment

• Originally posted by the_legend_killer View Post
                  This years Wrestlemania wasn't the best (Personally, I liked X7 the best), but I thought I'd throw a topic out here and see what we get, who is the most underrated wrestler today, or in other words, who could/should really be pushed higher in the card? Personally, I'd go with Christopher Daniels, although it looks as though he may get a big time money feud with Sting sooner than later, so that's good. Thoughts?
                  Chris Daniels was underrated about 5-6 years ago. I think you can only stay underrated for so long till you're almost overrated (though I do like him a lot).

I always say Johnny Nitro is vastly underpushed, so I'll refrain there. I don't watch a whole lot of TNA but when I do I'm always very impressed with the two guys from LAX. They're probably by my favorite people on there.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    Chris Daniels was underrated about 5-6 years ago. I think you can only stay underrated for so long till you're almost overrated (though I do like him a lot).

I always say Johnny Nitro is vastly underpushed, so I'll refrain there. I don't watch a whole lot of TNA but when I do I'm always very impressed with the two guys from LAX. They're probably by my favorite people on there.
                    Valid point on Daniels, he's been around for a while. Nitro certainly has a bright future, and I totally agree on LAX. Homicide and Hernandez are both destined for big things (If Homicide can find enough people to take The Gringo Killer, lol).

Comment

• Lax Is The Best Thing In Tna

Comment

• The stuff in TNA that I currently enjoy:

- Lethal Lockdown upcoming (Especially since I know who the 5th person for Team Angle is, one of my personal favorite wrestlers)
                        - The upcoming Sting/Christopher Daniels fued (You know it's coming)
                        - Abyss when we don't hear about his "mom and dad" or the other crap with Sting.
                        - Chris Sabin as X Division Champ
                        - Young guys like James Storm and Robert Roode, who IMO are future legit ME'ers
                        - Christian Cage as champ, he's quite entertaining
                        - Samoa F'n Joe, the man is a beast.
                        - AJ Styles as a heel (he's doing better than I thought he would)

Comment

• Originally posted by the_legend_killer View Post
                          The stuff in TNA that I currently enjoy:

- Lethal Lockdown upcoming (Especially since I know who the 5th person for Team Angle is, one of my personal favorite wrestlers)
                          - The upcoming Sting/Christopher Daniels fued (You know it's coming)
                          - Abyss when we don't hear about his "mom and dad" or the other crap with Sting.
                          - Chris Sabin as X Division Champ
                          - Young guys like James Storm and Robert Roode, who IMO are future legit ME'ers
                          - Christian Cage as champ, he's quite entertaining
                          - Samoa F'n Joe, the man is a beast.
                          - AJ Styles as a heel (he's doing better than I thought he would)
                          - I was a huge wargames fan. I love the idea of Lethal Lockdown. And I am also anxiously awaiting the 5th guy, as im a fan as well.

- Sting/Daniels could be great, and im looking forward to how they might do it.

- Im a huge Abyss fan, Im a huge Sting fan, but i hate this feud. It was really good when Cage was involved, but since then its gone on way too long with a few ridiculous twists, but i am an Abyss fan.

- I am also a big Sabin fan, and I think the X-Division is starting to get better again. Sabin can have a great match with basically anyone on the roster, and I love watching him. His match with Joe a little over a year ago(i think, no idea) was awesome.

- I think Storm and Harris are far better off as AMW than as Singles, but Storm is entertaining as a singles guy. I am a Roode fan, but im not sure about being a main eventer in the future.

- Christian Cage is amazing. One of the best promo guys in the business, and a damn good wrestler too. I can legitimately see him being the "Ric Flair" of TNA. To be honest, i think thats a decent comparison, Cage to Flair 20 years ago.

- Joe is great. The more Joe the better. They did the joe/angle feud too soon, but its still going on, and the matches were pretty good. I said that Sabin can have a good match with anyone, so can Joe. Joe should go over Angle or Cage at a big PPV after a good Cage run with the belt.

- AJ as a heel is absolutely hilarious. Hes great at being that cocky heel on the edge of being a moron. "The Hood sells tickets! I put it on, and i peak out of it!" Im thoroughly enjoying AJ as a heel.

- Some stuff you left out that I enjoy. Steiners promos are hilarious. Angle brings intensity and a legit feel about him, even if he isnt what he used to be. There actually an X-Division feud that isnt about a title, wait, theres 2 of them! omg! Daniels/Lynn, as well as Starr/Senshi. Lax is one of my favorite things about TNA, but they really need to build up new opponents for them, as theyve gone thru everyone so far. Ive loved Homicide for a while, and i am very pleasantly surprised with how good Hernandez has been since joining. Konnan as a mouthpiece is never bad.

Comment

• I want to see a combination of WWE and the X-Men. I think that'd be great. John Cena as Wolverine, Rey Mysterio as the blue monkey guy, and.... I don't know what the hell The Great Khali would be.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• SPOILER ALERT FOR RAW

Tonight on RAW Shawn Michaels vs Randy Orton for the WWE Championship #1 Contender Maych
                              Also the Jr. McMahon will make an apperence and challenge Lashley to a Hair vs Title match
                              Last edited by jagsfreak27; 04-09-2007, 09:11 PM.

Jags:8-8
                              Duke B-Ball:22-10
                              Florida Gators: 13-1 BCS Champs
                              4/16/07 R.I.P VT
                              sig by jackalope

Comment

• Originally posted by jagsfreak27 View Post
                                Tonight on RAW Shawn Michaels vs Randy Orton for the WWE Championship #1 Contender Maych
                                Also the Jr. McMahon will make an apperence and challenge Lashley
                                SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information