Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WMD View Post
    I only have two problems with wrestling these days. The first is how scripted everything is. It discourages creativity. The second is Ted DiBiase Jr. I hate him.
    Agreed. But I have really enjoyed Dibiase being the jabrone the last couple weeks. Getting slapped by his girl and her taking off on him, then King sucker punching him. Plus the week later when he took the clean pin from King. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard. I love it when the WWE writers crap on a wrestler, ala Chris Masters.

Ahahaha found the clip. What a buns. Next stop Sunday Night Heat.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OM2XfTPQsw
    Last edited by Fred Savage; 02-19-2011, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      Heyman had a total monopoly on ECW and they ended up completely broke.
      ECW died because Paul Heyman had no idea how to run a business (plus TNN really screwed them over). The Rise and Fall of ECW is an awesome dvd i recommend checking out. I think it was Tommy Dreamer or one of the Dudleys who said Paul was ECW's worst enemy and if someone else was in charge of the business operations then it'd still be around today.

Comment

• Originally posted by ryno626 View Post
        ECW died because Paul Heyman had no idea how to run a business (plus TNN really screwed them over). The Rise and Fall of ECW is an awesome dvd i recommend checking out. I think it was Tommy Dreamer or one of the Dudleys who said Paul was ECW's worst enemy and if someone else was in charge of the business operations then it'd still be around today.
        Well if renowned businessmen The Dudley Boys say it, it must be true.

Obviously Heyman didn't know how to run a business, but that's not the only reason why ECW failed. They could never expand beyond their relatively-small base. They were a niche market.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• IMO Heyman is not the answer. Neither is Russo or Bischoff or Hogan or Cornette. The answer is to find someone who has never been in the creative position and let them go with it. The same way that someone has given Heyman, Russo and Bischoff their first chance a long time ago.
          Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• Originally posted by the_legend_killer View Post
            IMO Heyman is not the answer. Neither is Russo or Bischoff or Hogan or Cornette. The answer is to find someone who has never been in the creative position and let them go with it. The same way that someone has given Heyman, Russo and Bischoff their first chance a long time ago.
            Bingo.....

Comment

• maybe they can give a ROH type guy a shot I mean he cant be any worse then what it is now.

Comment

• Honestly, a guy I'd like to get a shot in some kind of capacity is Mick Foley. He understands excellently about telling a story and wouldn't insult the intellegence of the fans. He got fans emotionally invested as well as anyone and I think he could really work well with some of the TNA talent. Plus, I think he's smart enough to know he doesn't know everything and is the kind of person, I think (I haven't heard anything besides that he is very well respected), that people would get behind and want to work for.
                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• What about Me? What about Raven? If we are recommending wrestlers I recommend Raven.

Comment

• Mick Foley and Arn Anderson.

Comment

• Great point with Mick Foley. The guy is extremely intelligent and creative, plus he knows the business inside and out.

Comment

• Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
                        What about Me? What about Raven? If we are recommending wrestlers I recommend Raven.
                        I think Raven has already said that he doesn't want to be a booker.

Comment

• Originally posted by WMD View Post
                          I think Raven has already said that he doesn't want to be a booker.
                          Where has he said that? Cause I don't think it is true.

Comment

• Miz vs Cena at WM.Gee wonder who the special ref will be in that match lol

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                              Miz vs Cena at WM.Gee wonder who the special ref will be in that match lol
                              The writers phoned in the entire elimination chamber card. Did they honestly think that Trish Stratus' return would save the card? The endings of Cena and the Miz winning were both anticlimactic and predictable. Hopefully the Undertaker's return will inject some life into the proceedings heading into Wrestlemania, but I doubt it.

Comment

• 2/21/11 countdown is at 59 minutes

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information