Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
    I feel as though Rock's promo felt like he was trying not to make Cena look too bad. He dissed him, but not as bad as when he first showed up. Now it's like he is going to slow down a bit to protect WWE's biggest cash cow to some extent. Honestly, Cena has been booked as this super Hulk type guy for so long that he needs to be pushed hard by somebody. Last week he had his best promo in a while, but then this week it's back to the same boring and corny nonsense that put my ass to sleep. Doctor's note? Seriously? What the hell is that?

Meanwhile Daniel Bryan gets buried again by a guy who hasn't been booked strong enough since winning the belt in Miz. Not only is he getting underused, but Miz hasn't looked like a good champ at all. He's a great talent and I love him, but he needs to win something clean instead of almost losing to Jerry "The King" Lawler of all people. Then there is Sheamus. I forgot he existed until he got tossed aside by HHH last night. What is it with WWE and booking new champs horribly? First you have Sheamus come out and look strong, then you have Cena tear down all his accomplishments and then after losing the belt you have him in stupid storylines where he loses his momentum messing around with comedy characters. Then you have Jack Swagger who started strong in ECW, looked like a nice prospect, then he's losing to freaking Santino of all people and looking like an idiot. He wins the belt and they try for two days to make him look like Kurt Angle 2.0, they give that up, and now he's back to a comedy character who is pretty much irrelevant. Now Miz has a great build to the title, finally wins it, but hasn't looked like a legit champ since. Once he loses at Wrestlemania he'll probably get Rock Bottom'd and AA'd by Cena, and he'll then probably get buried and underused.
    I agree with you pretty much 100% except I think that Jack Swagger sucks at life. As for Sheamus and the Miz, I think they are two of the best guys in the company. Both are good enough wrestlers and strong on the mic with the Miz being clearly better on the mic. I don't get why they didn't legitimize Miz as a champ more because if he loses to Cena then it isn't a big victory in the slightest. With Sheamus, I just think that they just don't view him as a priority right now with all the bigger storylines with Miz, Cena, Undertaker, HHH, The Rock, Cm Punk, Orton etc. I think that after things quiet down following Wrestlemania, Sheamus will get some kind of decent storyline.

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
      Is it because they lost to Dandy Forton?
      They got punted in the skull.

Comment

• Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
        They got punted in the skull.
        I love how Orton always messes up the punts and they end up looking just terrible. I've seen clips of him screaming at other guys in the ring for making mistakes and he is a huge offender himself.

One other thing I never liked is that getting punted in the skull is the thing that will put someone out for a long time. Based on the other things that happen to guys in a fight in the WWE, it just seems like they should come up with a more brutal seeming move to give guys breaks.

Comment

• If I were a TNA write I would have written Sting's return differently.first would not have had him win the belt right off the bat.having Hardy go over Sting clean would be a major thing to further establish Hardy as a champion.I'd have written Sting's return as part of the court verdict segment(which IM should have been the last segment of the night IMO)

When Fortune came out AJ should have told Ric, Eric and Hogan they've been in contact with someone who hates Immortal as much as they do and at the end of the night they will find out who this person is.and throughout Impact have Immortal members get laid out.End of Impact just Hogan Bischoff and Flair remain and Hogan demands to know who this person is.Fortune comes out carrying baseball bats then lights go out and when they come back on Bischoff and Flair are out and Impact ends with a Sting/Hogan staredown

Comment

• I turned it on TNA briefly last night, and I just don't get this whole Fortune vs. Immortal thing. Weren't they on the same side a month ago? I know teams can have a heel or face turn and break away from the faction they are in, but it seems that they really just keep turning people every month for shock value.
            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
            ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
              I turned it on TNA briefly last night, and I just don't get this whole Fortune vs. Immortal thing. Weren't they on the same side a month ago? I know teams can have a heel or face turn and break away from the faction they are in, but it seems that they really just keep turning people every month for shock value.
              Wait, so you mean in a company where Kevin Nash turned on Scott Hall and Sean Waltman so he could team with Eric Young....... so he could turn on Eric Young one week later to team with Scott Hall and Sean Waltman...... so Eric Young could turn on Team 3D to join Nash Hall and Waltman three months later........ are you saying these turns are absolutely pointless?

Really?

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                Wait, so you mean in a company where Kevin Nash turned on Scott Hall and Sean Waltman so he could team with Eric Young....... so he could turn on Eric Young one week later to team with Scott Hall and Sean Waltman...... so Eric Young could turn on Team 3D to join Nash Hall and Waltman three months later........ are you saying these turns are absolutely pointless?

Really?
                Ya Crickett I think that is what he is saying.

Comment

• **** YEAH BLACK REF. He is amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post

Really?
                    Hahahaha. Exactly!
                    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                    ~Nigerian Proverb

Comment

• anyone see how SD ended?I am prayin it's a precurser to a reunion of these guys.....

probably not but one can dream
                      Last edited by T-RICH49; 03-05-2011, 12:40 AM.

Comment

• Pick Six: Pro football players to pro wrestlers

Comment

• JBL is back? Meh.

Comment

• JBL is ******* awesome.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I ******* love Stone Cold.

Comment

• I loved it when some guy yelled out at Cena, "YOU BROUGHT PROPS!!!" when he said he bought The Rock's shirt.
                                ~Nigerian Proverb

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information