Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
    Probably wasn't scripted. Punk's one of the best wrestlers on the mic in any of the wrestling promotions but it was definitely a worked shoot just like what Joey Styles and Paul Heyman did several years ago when in WWE.

It's just another idea that the WWE stole from another promotion, only this time it was from an ROH angle they did almost six years ago. If it wasn't scripted or if it was something Punk just did on a whim then they would have cut his mic off long before he got going on his tirade.
    Yep, from what I'm hearing it sounds like it was a worked shoot that went too far.

I still don't know what to believe, though.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I have not been the biggest Punk fan but HOLY CRAP I AM NOW!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
        I have not been the biggest Punk fan but HOLY CRAP I AM NOW!!!
        How were you not the biggest Punk fan? He's been the best overall in the WWE for a while now, and the only guys close to him are Jericho (who is gone now), Daniel Bryan (who isn't great on the mic), and Christian.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Probably wasn't scripted
          this is why this "sport" still exists... funny that anyone can buy this lol

Comment

• Originally posted by TitansCJftw View Post
            this is why this "sport" still exists... funny that anyone can buy this lol
            Why exactly come in here and say that? This is a HUGE event for wrestling, so just bugger off. He means it wasn't scripted because they know Punk can come up with it on his own, so they gave him free will and probably some small talking points.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Punk continues to cement his status as the BEST guy on the mic currently in the biz. That was incredible, and was very convincing(probably because he meant a lot of what he said)

This is this years big summer angle and I'm loving it. Further shows how under-utilized he has been this past year. Dude is easily the top heel right now and should have had a lengthy WHC or WWE championship reign

Comment

• Wow just seen the CM Punk thing on world star hip hop. pretty crazy

Comment

• I love Punk.

I figure they just told him to go at it for a little while and they'll cut his mic off. If Punk were really shooting, they probably would've cut his mic off a lot lot lot sooner. WWE isn't afraid of mentioning ROH either, Matt Hardy yelled it when they had the whole Edge/Lita/Matt storyline going.

It is a very awesome angle though, even though it'll ultimately end with Cena pinning Punk and parading a bunch of little kids around the ring in celebration.

Comment

• Gosh I hate John Cena

Comment

• I like Cena.. I just hate how he's booked. He never loses a feud and has no weaknesses or flaws or anything.

Comment

• This is from before his match with Kane. What a singer. He is a great man.

Comment

• http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2011-06...-suspends-punk

Raw’s abrupt conclusion Monday night was not due to technical difficulties. The decision to suddenly end the broadcast in that manner was made by WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon, who gave this quote to WWE.com:

“CM Punk was suspended indefinitely for his unprofessional conduct as soon as Raw went off the air.”

With his WWE contract expiring on July 17, one can only assume that this suspension effectively terminates CM Punk’s tenure with WWE.

Comment

• I hope punk goes to TNA so I can see a Joe vs Punk feud.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

Comment

I hope punk goes to TNA so I can see a Joe vs Punk feud.
                              How dare you? TNA is the worst. I watched it once and that was more than enough. TNA ruins everything. No matter how great CM is, I think TNA is inversely proportional in crappiness. Having CM with Hogan, Flair, and all the other washed up guys would just be sad.

Comment

• Wasn't Punk all ready in TNA for a short time and left on bad terms?

Edit: Punk has also been removed from the WWE roster page on their website.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information