No announcement yet.

Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not trying to bash Punk. I think you guys are being way to hard on Rock for no real reason.

I think the Rock is still pretty dam good on the mic. It doesn't matter if it 1999, 2011 or any time further in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      Shawn Michaels, for example, doesn't just prance around and say the same 3-4 catch phrases over and over.
      Shawn Michaels said catch phrases over and over as well. I just don't get this hate on Rock.

Comment

• Of course it matters. There's a reason why sequels are almost never as good as the original. People don't like to see the same thing over and over.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
          Shawn Michaels said catch phrases over and over as well.
          Like what?

Comment

Of course it matters. There's a reason why sequels are almost never as good as the original. People don't like to see the same thing over and over.
            I like to see movies I have already seen over and over but hey I guess that is just me.

I don't see what is wrong with his mic work now compared to then. I think he is still better then just about every wrestler today when it comes to talking.

Comment

• Michaels also wrestled tremendous matches and was probably the best guy in the company until he retired, just a year ago. And since then, he has appeared maybe three times, one of which was to make a feud that had been very uninspiring (HHH/Taker) a kick in the ass to make it very intriguing.

The thing people hate about The Rock is the fact that he appeared three times on TV in the last seven years, ruined a Wrestlemania main event, was the main reason Daniel Bryan/Sheamus was bumped off the card, is being a giant hypocrite (saying Cena's only doing it for the money when The Rock is making a hell of a lot more per appearance than Cena is), and is immediately thrust into the Wrestlemania main event after 8 years of not wrestling. In addition to that, The Rock is not that good.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Like what?
                I am The Showstoppa, The Icon, The Main Event.., Mr. Wrestlemania.

I don't see the difference in Shawn saying that and The Rock saying If you smell what the rock is cooking or any of his other phrases.

Comment

• Those aren't catchphrases, those are nicknames. (i.e. Ric Flair calling himself the Nature Boy = nickname. Talking about Space Mountain = catchphrase)

I also think you're confusing charisma with giving a good promo.

Comment

Those aren't catchphrases, those are nicknames.

I also think you're confusing charisma with giving a good promo.
                    If you say those things almost consistently in your promo's they are catchphrases. Just like Rock calling himself Great one or the most electrifying man in entertainment are catchphrases.

No I don't think I am. CM Punk has charisma and I don't think his promo's are good only cause he has charisma. He says things that keep me entertained and interested.

Comment

• No. Words have meanings. A catchphrase and a nickname are two different things. That's why they are different words.

The Great One is a nickname.

Telling someone it doesn't matter what their name is, is a catchphrase.

Comment

• I'm willing to concede that The Rock gave an excellent promo the night he came back, and that YouTube promo was solid enough, but outside of that he has been an annoying ****. He ruined Wrestlemania for me, and that Raw where they celebrated his birthday was so goddamn ******* absurd and over the top...

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

No. Words have meanings. A catchphrase and a nickname are two different things. That's why they are different words.
                          That is your comeback I gave you examples of both men doing the same thing yet that is your response.

If you announce your nickname's in every promo they are catchphrases.

Here is another one the peoples strudel the nickname for the Rock's you know what. That is a catchphrase.
                          Last edited by LTgiants; 07-13-2011, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
                            That is your comeback I gave you examples of both men doing the same thing yet that is your response.

If you announce your nickname's in every promo they are catchphrases.
                            If by "comeback", you mean telling you what words mean, then yes, that's my comeback.

Comment

If by "comeback", you mean telling you what words mean, then yes, that's my comeback.
                              Ya cause without you I wouldn't know what the definition of words are. The point is I made a point to prove that they are catchphrases and rather then try and disprove my point. You try to use a weak attempt at semantics.

Again if you announce your nicknames in every promo they become catchphrases almost every wrestler does it.

Comment

• I agree with you Broudy the birthday Raw was not good and Wrestlemania was underwhelming and annoying.

How ever I disagree with BF about how he is stale and not good on the mic.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information