Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
    That is your comeback I gave you examples of both men doing the same thing yet that is your response.

If you announce your nickname's in every promo they are catchphrases.

Here is another one the peoples strudel the nickname for the Rock's you know what. That is a catchphrase.
    There's a difference between the same redundant, long winded catchphrases that The Rock does and Shawn Michaels calling himself a few names in the middle of a promo.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      There's a difference between the same redundant, long winded catchphrases that The Rock does and Shawn Michaels calling himself a few names in the middle of a promo.
      That is the Rock's shtick he has a lot more catchphrases then HBK. He says his phrases and HBK says all of his when he is doing his promos.

I think its bs that Rock gets crapped on for coming and trying to help put over a guy who is been on top for 5+ years and still 100% stale.

Comment

• Why do people say "semantics" like it's a bad thing? Words really do mean different things.

You said that Shawn Michaels uses cliche catch phrases just like The Rock. Except he doesn't. Because they aren't catchphrases, by definition. I would give you more examples illustrating the difference, but apparently you don't like semantics.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• What is the The Rock doing to put him over?

Comment

• Correction: DX Shawn Michaels had a few catchphrases, and that was my least favorite Shawn Michaels.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              Why do people say "semantics" like it's a bad thing? Words really do mean different things.

You said that Shawn Michaels uses cliche catch phrases just like The Rock. Except he doesn't. Because they aren't catchphrases, by definition. I would give you more examples illustrating the difference, but apparently you don't like semantics.
              I actually love semantics. I use them all the time irl. Nicknames can be used as catchphrases it is not a hard concept to grasp.

Are the Rock's promo's more full of catchphrases then HBK of course. That is not the issue. You said that because Shawn never use's any that he is not stale. I am saying Shawn used catchphrases as well so why is the Rock stale yet HBK not? Catchphrases can't be the only reason someone is stale or not.

Comment

What is the The Rock doing to put him over?
                He has having this feud with him. Rock is talking about him. Rock will bring in more old fans back to wrestling to see Rock wrestle again. When the Rock is involved the ratings are up. Finally He also is most likely going to lose to Cena at WM.

Those are just some quick reasons off the top of my head.

Comment

• Having a feud with someone is not necessarily putting them over. Whether he pulls more ratings and loses to him is yet to be seen.

Comment

I actually love semantics. I use them all the time irl.
                    Semantics isn't a plural noun.

Comment

Having a feud with someone is not necessarily putting them over. Whether he pulls more ratings and loses to him is yet to be seen.
                      It is when you are one of the greatest all time and a legend. He didnt have to come in and do this but he is.

Look at the ratings for when Rock returned they were much higher then a regular Cena filled Raw.

Comment

• Just remember that people were turning on The Rock in 2000, 2001, and 2002 as well which is why he had to do the Hollywood heel run. It's not like he was immune from what Cena is seeing now. Hell, Kurt Angle should have been the main face in 2001, instead Rock crawled over him at the very end when it mattered most for no particular reason.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Semantics isn't a plural noun.
                          I like you cutting out the rest of my post just to focus on one sentence. This is why your a beast BF 51 lol.

Comment

• He's doing it because he wants the money. You could look at putting people over that way, but in that case Hulk Hogan has put more people over than anyone in the history of wrestling.

Comment

I like you cutting out the rest of my post just to focus on one sentence. This is why your a beast BF 51 lol.
                              I could have tore up the rest of the paragraph too.

Comment

I could have tore up the rest of the paragraph too.
                                Or you could have commented about the actual wrestling portion of the post.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information