No announcement yet.

Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, more goes into a wrestler becoming stale than just catchphrases. Cena could get rid of all of his catchphrases and he would still be stale because his character is lame as Bob Dole's *****.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      He's doing it because he wants the money. You could look at putting people over that way, but in that case Hulk Hogan has put more people over than anyone in the history of wrestling.
      I heard that most of it is getting donated to make a wish. I am sure he is getting some money as well though.

I don't see what the Hogan thing has to do with this so I am not going to bother.

Comment

• That's why Cena DESPERATELY needs a heel turn, but he won't be turned because they are obsessed with merchandise sales. Honestly, Cena doesn't even have to be a serious heel (like everyone since Jericho sans R Truth and Punk), all he has to do is follow the early portion of Stone Cold's 2001 turn and just be a sadistic bastard.

Oh yeah, I do agree with LTGiants that Rock is putting Cena over, but Cena doesn't really need it very much. For instance, Hogan and Rock putting Brock over was a much bigger deal.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I wonder what % of the WWE's profits come from merchandise.

Comment

Yes, more goes into a wrestler becoming stale than just catchphrases. Cena could get rid of all of his catchphrases and he would still be stale because his character is lame as Bob Dole's *****.
            That is why I am asking is it really just about Rock's catchpharses that you think he is stale or is there other factors for you that make him stale in your opinion.

Comment

• The catchphrases make him stale, but the lack of character development over the last 10 years (because, ya know, he hasn't been around), make him uninteresting to me.

You're right that they could build this up to make it something worthwhile, but my guess is that everyone will just rest on their laurels and hope that star power will overcome limited storytelling.

Comment

• Enough $ for them to not want to mess with them I guess.

Comment

The catchphrases make him stale, but the lack of character development over the last 10 years (because, ya know, he hasn't been around), make him uninteresting to me.

You're right that they could build this up to make it something worthwhile, but my guess is that everyone will just rest on their laurels and hope that star power will overcome limited storytelling.
                  What other character could he develop into at this point?

They have to build it otherwise it will pretty much kill the entire WM. They really dont have any other choice then to actually build this into something big.

Comment

• This is going to be the first PPV I order in a long time. Hopefully it can live up to the hype.
                    Taking a Knapp.

Comment

• I'm ordering it too.

Comment

• Originally posted by WMD View Post
                        I'm ordering it too.
                        whos the guy in your sig? he creeps me out

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                          whos the guy in your sig? he creeps me out
                          It's Alex Riley with extra bugged out eyes.

Comment

• Yesssssssssssssssssssssss.

Yes. Yes.

Comment

• am I reading this right.did WWE actually have Daniel Bryan go over at MITB?one time I would have LOVED to hear Cole on commentary haha

Comment

• Last edited by bearsfan_51; 07-17-2011, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information