X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 years ago today a true legend left way too soon.R.I.P Eddie

Comment

• Originally posted by DI
      Watching the '95 Survivor Series right now and the one difference that has been so apparent and evident to me is the amount of managers and the heat they can draw. Going into the 3rd match right now, which is Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Goldust, managers that have been at ringside so far have been Sunny and Ted Dibiase for one team, Harvey Whippleman for another team and Jim Cornette and Mr. Fuji for another one. I know we have Vickie right now but she's basically the only manager we have. NEED MORE MANAGERS.
      I'm always split on this. A lot of managers back then were totally useless. Goldust needed Marlana why? He's one of the best talkers in the modern era. Even guys like Mr.Fuji and Harvey Whippleman were good at drawing heat for themselves, but that rarely seemed to transfer to the wrestler once they were outside of their faction (so, in the end, it didn't accomplish the goal of building up a wrestler at all).

Wrestlers on average are better talkers nowadays, and if a guy can talk, I think he's better off not sharing the mic with someone else. I think it would be a good idea to give some greener guys managers (Justin Gabriel, Tyson Kidd, Sin Cara, Mason Ryan) to help them get over, but I think guys like Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger have sufficient mic skills and personalities that Vickie is holding them back.

They do need to bring back the in-box interviews and promos, however. The WWF used to do SUCH a better job of establishing the personality of guys over time. Now it seems like everyone is just a generic angry guy with muscles.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Kidd and Gabriel are both damn good in the ring, they just could use a diva of some sort with some mic skills or something to get them attention.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Tyson Kidd is outstanding in the ring.

Comment

• I completely agree, he's one of the best in the WWE at the moment. On another note BF, Mason Ryan cannot be saved at this point, he is Ted Arcidi reborn.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by someone on another board

WWE's completely lost the art of "Show Don't Tell"

The more I watch the show, this really stands out as the main problem with characters and angles. Everything is said via commentary and promos, but nothing is actually shown.

Miz and Truth are a danger to Cena -> Cena beats both down easily at the end of Raw. Yet next week they'll still put over that Cena's in danger.

"So and so" is more dangerous and aggressive in the ring -> Person's offense is slow and methodical and they have no strong reaction if they lose.

Divas are smart and powerful -> Standard generic diva action.

Multitudes of guys are described as doing different training and hobbies -> Act the same backstage and do nothing notable in their entrance.

Cody guides many individual's lives -> Has only DiBiase accompany him and little more.

This is an approach that doesn't feel genuine. The commentators can do spiels about these guys, but if we don't see any of it, it feels so shallow and boring.
              Saw this the other day and thought it was a good point.

Comment

• I've been watching some old wrestling matches on youtube lately. If you haven't seen the 1992 Royal Rumble, and you like those types of matches, you really should. It's the best Rumble of all time, with the title on the line, and loaded with legends:

-Ric Flair
                -Shawn Michaels
                -Hulk Hogan
                -Macho Man
                -Jake the Snake
                -Roddy Piper
                -Tito Santana
                -Sid Justice
                -The Undertaker
                -Jimmy Snuka
                -Texas Tornado (Kerry Von Erich)
                -British Bulldog
                -Iron Shiek (as Col Mustafa)
                -Sgt. Slaughter
                -Ted Dibiase
                -Big Bossman

Just a great match.

Comment

• The 1992 Rumble is probably my favorite Rumble, so I'm inclined to agree with you there. Especially since Hogan got booed for being a dickhead.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Full WWE 12 roster confirmed.

http://wwe.thq.com/go/view/roster

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      I've been watching some old wrestling matches on youtube lately. If you haven't seen the 1992 Royal Rumble, and you like those types of matches, you really should. It's the best Rumble of all time, with the title on the line, and loaded with legends:

-Ric Flair
                      -Shawn Michaels
                      -Hulk Hogan
                      -Macho Man
                      -Jake the Snake
                      -Roddy Piper
                      -Tito Santana
                      -Sid Justice
                      -The Undertaker
                      -Jimmy Snuka
                      -Texas Tornado (Kerry Von Erich)
                      -British Bulldog
                      -Iron Shiek (as Col Mustafa)
                      -Sgt. Slaughter
                      -Ted Dibiase
                      -Big Bossman

Just a great match.
                      You missed the best part, Bobby the Brain Heenan's commentary was just so entertaining. I could watch that rumble over and over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                        Full WWE 12 roster confirmed.

http://wwe.thq.com/go/view/roster
                        what the hell did they do to Booker T? They gave him a horse mouth

Comment

• Since May, the WWE has had 8 WWE Champions. That's more than 1 per month.

I like CM Punk, but it's ******* ridiculous.

Comment

• They did the same thing in 09, theres been like 80 WWE champions in the last few years.

Rocky looked great though. Smooth in everything he did, and it all looked good. Well, except for the sharpshooter, but his sharpshooter has always looked like ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                              Since May, the WWE has had 8 WWE Champions. That's more than 1 per month.

I like CM Punk, but it's ******* ridiculous.
                              There were 14 title changes in 1999.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• 2009 was the worst I think. I can at least remember the title wins/reigns from 99

* Jeff Hardy was the WWE Champion coming into 2009 (1)
                                * Edge won it at the Royal Rumble 1/25/09 (2)
                                * Triple H won it in the Elimination Chamber at No Way Out 2/15/09 (3)
                                * Randy Orton won it in a Six Man Tag Match at Backlash 4/26/09 (4)
                                * Batista won it in a Steel Cage Match at Extreme Rules 6/7/09 (5)
                                * Randy Orton won it in a Four Way Match on Raw after Batista vacated it 6/15/09 (6)
                                * John Cena won it in an I Quit Match at Breaking Point 9/13/09 (7)
                                * Randy Orton won it in a Hell in a Cell match at... Hell in a Cell 10/4/09 (8)
                                * John Cena won it back in an Ironman Match at Bragging Rights 10/25/09 (9)
                                * Sheamus won it in a Tables Match at TLC 12/13/09 (10)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information