Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    You can't compare Lawler as a heel vs Cole as a heel though, because Cole is the head announcer and Lawler was just the color guy to JR. That's why he fails as a reactionary heel.
    I've heard this argument before and I simply disagree. J.R. never was criticized for being blatantly pro-face, and I think the dynamic of face play-by-play guy with heel commentator is stale. I think Cole receives way too much criticism for his role.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      I've heard this argument before and I simply disagree. J.R. never was criticized for being blatantly pro-face, and I think the dynamic of face play-by-play guy with heel commentator is stale. I think Cole receives way too much criticism for his role.
      Because the main guy is supposed to cheer for the faces, it's why they're the faces. Plus, Cole constantly takes away from the action to talk about himself or other announcers and play up his schtick, while JR NEVER did that.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• That's because J.R. doesn't really have a schtick (unless you think hats and BBQ sauce count). I understand the argument, and maybe the role of the lead announcer is only to enhance the talent through calling a match, but I generally like what Cole's character has become.

I could do without the constant banter, as I've mentioned, and the million Twitter references are absurd, but I think the latter, at least, comes from above him.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Head PBP guys shouldn't have a schtick, and that's the point. Cole didn't on Smackdown a few years ago, JR didn't, Josh Matthews doesn't, Gorilla Monsoon didn't, Vince pre-heel turn didn't, Tony Schiavone didn't, Gordon Solie didn't...

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I wish Cole would go away.. but I guess they need him to distract us from the stale ass product, for the most part.

Comment

• I actually like the direction most of the stuff is going right now...

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• The two best parts of Raw lately...

1. Dolph Ziggler (he has been on an incredible roll)

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• The Miz to Dolph Ziggler.

"I don't need Vickie Guerrero to get a reaction."

I actually like Dolph but I laughed.

Comment

• so are they putting the mask back on Kane?in last night's video it seemed to indicate that's what is gonna happen

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                      so are they putting the mask back on Kane?in last night's video it seemed to indicate that's what is gonna happen
                      I would like to take this time to wish unmasked Kane the best in his future endeavors.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• also how long into next week's RAW will Cena work his way into the title match at TLC?you know he's gonna be apart of it

Comment

• Whether he's in the TLC match or not.. You know Cena will fight for the right of the hard working WWE Universe to boo or cheer him as they want! Without the fans there is no WWE! Rise Above Hate and stuff!

Comment

• I like how Cena separated the boos and cheers by asking for each -- sort of like Scott Hall of the nWo used to do.

Comment

• 1) For one night at least, Masked Kane was badass.

2) His remix theme was amazing.
                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• I always going to prefer the original mask over all the variations. Still masked>>>> non masked

what the hell was up with his attire? did his mom sew that together lol

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information