Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    By the way, I agree that Punk is way overrated. I like him, but he's nowhere near elite status that a lot of the smarks are putting him at.

I still laugh when people say he's good on the mic. Great dude...you don't drink..and you don't smoke. Cool.
    To be fair, he IS great on the mic. Just not in WWE.... so far. To be honest, had I not known of his previous work, Id probably see him as an average midcarder atm. He was so much better in the indies. He had his own style and what not. Since joining the WWE, hes using other peoples stuff. Hes like an poor mans American KENTA now.

Comment

• WWE has toned down CM Punk...

Comment

• The promo that Punk cut after winning the ROH belt, turning Heel and staying as champ in ROH instead of it being his last match as everyone presumed. That promo was gold.

Punk signing his WWE contract on the ROH World Title as he was the heel champ at the time, along with a great promo.. gold.

His THIS IS STRAIGHT EDGE promo, Gold.

Comment

• I'll take your guys word for it, as I've only seen a little bit of him in ROH and I don't think he was ever on the mic much.

Either way that prank cracks me up. "He got really mad at her so he beat her up with some roses".

God Mike Knox was a stupid character. Kelly Kelly...LOL. Just go to about 4:00.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Its all a marketing ploy. Soprano's style special effects. Guarantee it's fake. Vince is not dead
            CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
            JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• In the first Punk video, he looks like he breaks one dude in half with one of those Pedigrees from the top rope. Did that dude break his neck or something, that looked pretty damn bad.

Also, what program was he in when he was fighting Samoa Joe (I'm assuming that's Joe) Just wondering if any of these indie programs come on TV.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

• Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                Its all a marketing ploy. Soprano's style special effects. Guarantee it's fake.
                Umm...........

Comment

By the way, I agree that Punk is way overrated. I like him, but he's nowhere near elite status that a lot of the smarks are putting him at.

I still laugh when people say he's good on the mic. Great dude...you don't drink..and you don't smoke. Cool.
                  I think punk is overrated too....he gets a huge pop when he comes out but people seemed to be bored with his matches(plus he stole KENTA's Go to Sleep finisher)

Hopefully Punk and Benoit can have a good feud for the ECW Title

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                  Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Umm...........
                    sorry i forgot to finish and i just edited it. I think vince wasnt in there.
                    CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• How did he get out? Unless he was dropped out of the bottom of the limo into some trap door in the concrete (sarcasm), he couldn't have gotten out.

My theory: We all know how much of an ego Vince has. He wanted to go out in a blaze of glory. I believe he had cancer, hence the hair vs. hair match (Chemo).

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

• For those that aren't youtube fans like me, here's another total gem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msDE-kvqTiQ

Whoever decided to put Sid Vicious on prom committee made a big mistake!!

Comment

• Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
                          How did he get out? Unless he was dropped out of the bottom of the limo into some trap door in the concrete (sarcasm), he couldn't have gotten out.

My theory: We all know how much of an ego Vince has. He wanted to go out in a blaze of glory. I believe he had cancer, hence the hair vs. hair match (Chemo).
                          quickly a cut scene of a different limo. but you could very easily be right.

Comment

• I bet money he was pulled from the other side of the limo and was 100% safe.

Would be funny if Donald Trump or *gasp* Mark Cuban took over lol.
                            Last edited by Aftermath; 06-11-2007, 10:36 PM.

Sig by yours truly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jensen View Post
                              Mr. McMahon presumed dead from WWE.com.
                              Don't believe until you see a police report. . . WWE.com could make up whatever they want.

Comment

• Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                                Don't believe until you see a police report. . . WWE.com could make up whatever they want.
                                Not to be a prick. But everyone knows it was a work. wwe.com is a kayfabe site, so yea.

But think of the publicity theyd get for him literally killing himself on live TV in a big fiery explosion the night after the world was BEGGING for this kind of ending on the sopranos.

Either way, that was brilliant. The build on the crazy Vince character over the past week, the slow walk to the ring, saying nothing, walking back. Walking past all the wrestlers, going the wrong way, looking over his shoulder twice as he was outside, checking the limo, hesitating, finally getting in, and boom. Great ending. First time ive been super surprised by something wrestling in a LONG time.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information