The "I can't see the draft" thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "I can't see the draft" thread

When I've read stories about dudes missing the draft, I've felt sorry, but I've thought "Not me. No way."

Well, now it's me. I'm going to someone's (surprise) birthday party and will have to leave my house for it at 12:30 PM EST. Meaning, I'll catch the first pick and maybe the second. I've got it covered, though. I'll just ask someone to call me after every pick. I can't blow this thing off, if you're wondering.

I'll also dedicate this thread for other people who can't go. It's a rough time for all of us...

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

woops, wrong forum. I meant this to be off-topic...

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

**** Tennis tournament. Thats all I have to say. I was going to watch w/ grandpa, but I will just have him tivo it now :(

Originally posted by BeansDooma
      who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

I can't, as a) I'm working and b) I don't have NASN. I'll just have to listen like last year :(

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Unfortunately I'll be a fellow listener, due solely to the fact that my geographical location (Aus) doesn't allow me the luxury of watching the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
            Unfortunately I'll be a fellow listener, due solely to the fact that my geographical location (Aus) doesn't allow me the luxury of watching the draft.
            Same here, except that I think I'll just put up some music and get my butt online on this forum.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

That must be rough. Why is it that big that you can't miss?

The second day of the draft last year was my birthday, and I only missed the 6th round to get dinner with my family. This year it's the Monday after though so I'm good.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

I missed the draft last year, and there is a high possibility i'll miss it again this year. Both years it will be because of out-of-town baseball tournaments.

stephenson86

Comment

HAHA AT ALL OF YOU!!!

Just kidding, sucks, maybe someone could DVR it or something, I am waiting to hand in a job application until AFTER the draft so something like that doesn't happen.

Comment

In Canada, we only get to watch the first 18 picks or so on TSN...

Does anyone know if it is possible to order NFL Network or something like that for the Draft Weekend only? Or do you have to order it at least for a year...

Also where can you listen to it on the radio? Anyone know any channels?

So I guess you can say many of us Canadians are forced to miss it :(

Comment

I agreed to staff a youth group convention that weekend (Friday-Sunday). I'm going up to a camp in Central PA the afternoon before, and I won't be back until Sunday afternoon, so I'm stuck without TV or internet that entire time. My plan right now is to try to borrow or take someone's XM or Sirius radio, so I can listen to the whole thing, but I have no idea if that's possible. BAH!!!

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by McGahee View Post
                        In Canada, we only get to watch the first 18 picks or so on TSN...

Does anyone know if it is possible to order NFL Network or something like that for the Draft Weekend only? Or do you have to order it at least for a year...

Also where can you listen to it on the radio? Anyone know any channels?

So I guess you can say many of us Canadians are forced to miss it :(
                        The internet is probably your best option if you don't have NFLN.

stephenson86

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                          HAHA AT ALL OF YOU!!!

Just kidding, sucks, maybe someone could DVR it or something, I am waiting to hand in a job application until AFTER the draft so something like that doesn't happen.
                          As i've said before, the draft isn't something you tape to watch later. Either you watch it live or you don't watch it.

stephenson86

Comment

I probably wont watch any of the draft after the Raven's first pick. I'll be with my lady and she isnt going to want to watch 12 hours of players names being read off. So dont feel bad, you wont be the only one missing it ( although missing it is not as big of a deal to me as it is to most people here)

Comment

Certainly hope she'll be "doming up"...

I usually send the lady shopping and for a nice massage at a spa. When she comes back, she just doesn't care.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information