No announcement yet.

What's In Your CD Player - a.k.a. The Music Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants to hear the title track off of Babel!?!?!

They start the album with this song. Keep that in mind. God damn do they ever make a statement.
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• I just can't stop listening to this song.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
      Originally posted by JBCX
      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
        I just can't stop listening to this song.

I really dig Iron & Wine. His music is really captivating to me, his unique singing really pulls me in. I really like this song, almost all of Sam Beam's music is awesome, but this song, and most of his album Woman King are probably my favorites of his.

Comment

• <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Bon Iver "winding down"

http://www.clashmusic.com/news/bon-i...e-winding-down

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                I get the feeling from the quotes in that article, and the overall tone of the article towards the end that this is a normal, we're-resting-after-touring-for-two-straight-years type of deal. He says not for sure about the future out of respect for his bandmates, he realizes that if they wish to go off and do their own thing, some of them probably could, and if more would leave and not come back, then that'd be the "end" of Bon Iver, or he'd have to find some new bandmates.

Hopefully it's not the end, doesn't seem that way. I understand taking time to rest, but I'll bet it's not long before he's off working with other musicians, writing new stuff, and getting the band back together for the next album. He's to talented of a musician with too much love for what he does to step away for too long. Of course, it gives me a sad that I will have to wait longer than I expected for some more Bon Iver. Either way, I'm glad I saw them at Roo this year.

Comment

• I hope it's the end. I hate Bon Iver. Please take Radiohead with you.
                  When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                    I hope it's the end. I hate Bon Iver. Please take Radiohead with you.

I'm rather meh on Radiohead, but damn you, Rob, damn you to hell! Take back what you said about Bon Iver!!!

I can see how some people aren't fans. It's very unique music, and if your tastes don't match up with it... well, you have that comment above, lol. I know a lot of people are HUGE fans of the Killers, but outside of Queen, I'm not a big fan of that type of stadium rock. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Also, I feel like an old man for saying that.

Comment

• Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Radiohead is godlike you scoundrels.

Maybe the best concert I've ever been to and the list of artists I've seen is rather astounding for someone my age.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Considering seeing The Killers with Tegan and Sara in Toronto, but I'm not really sure how much I want to do that. Seeing any show in an arena has never appealed to me. I think the only time I did it was when I was young. It was the Goo Goo Dolls. Third eye Blind was there, as was Vanessa Carlton. Yeah, pretty great.

Comment

• Seeing MUSE in an arena was pretty sweet.
                            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                            RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                              Considering seeing The Killers with Tegan and Sara in Toronto, but I'm not really sure how much I want to do that. Seeing any show in an arena has never appealed to me. I think the only time I did it was when I was young. It was the Goo Goo Dolls. Third eye Blind was there, as was Vanessa Carlton. Yeah, pretty great.
                              Depends on the band. The Killers probably put on a good arena show, Tegan and Sara probably less so. It would be awesome to see those two in a small venue.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                                Considering seeing The Killers with Tegan and Sara in Toronto, but I'm not really sure how much I want to do that. Seeing any show in an arena has never appealed to me. I think the only time I did it was when I was young. It was the Goo Goo Dolls. Third eye Blind was there, as was Vanessa Carlton. Yeah, pretty great.
                                If you are a fan of the Killers already, go see them. I saw them at Firefly and the Killers fans who were there loved the show. Me, I like a few of their songs, but their not in my wheelhouse of musical taste. I wouldn't say I was bored, but I never had a moment where I felt drawn to them or some sort of emotional attachment. They play real tight and Brandon Flowers voice is good live, so you won't be disappointed with anything like that. I saw them in a Field in Delaware with about 20,000 people, I'd estimate, so not arena, but had that feel. There were fireworks and other light shows, but nothing over the top.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information