No announcement yet.

What's In Your CD Player - a.k.a. The Music Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Band overall of all time IMO. They were so influential and truly defined the 60's. Man if only Jerry was still alive. My 2nd favourite album of all time( behind American Beauty of course). Man if only I could have seen them

^^^^^^^^^^

What a Man, A God of music
    Last edited by Chucky; 12-14-2007, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post

Best Band overall of all time IMO. They were so influential and truly defined the 60's. Man if only Jerry was still alive. My 2nd favourite album of all time( behind American Beauty of course). Man if only I could have seen them

^^^^^^^^^^

What a Man, A God of music
      Dude....you're 16 years old. Quit acting 70...

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Scarface-My Block

Seether-Broken

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
          Dude....you're 16 years old. Quit acting 70...
          How am I acting 70. The Grateful Dead are the best band of all time IMO, just cuz they are older doesnt mean that I am old. I can just appreciate good music. And I am just saying how unfortunate that I never got to saw my favourite musician of all time. I dont think that makes me look old

Comment

How am I acting 70. The Grateful Dead are the best band of all time IMO, just cuz they are older doesnt mean that I am old. I can just appreciate good music. And I am just saying how unfortunate that I never got to saw my favourite musician of all time. I dont think that makes me look old

They were so influential and truly defined the 60's. Man if only Jerry was still alive.

This right here is all that needs to be said. Any kid can listen to and enjoy any band, but you're acting like you're part of the culture and history of classic rock.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

They were so influential and truly defined the 60's. Man if only Jerry was still alive.

This right here is all that needs to be said. Any kid can listen to and enjoy any band, but you're acting like you're part of the culture and history of classic rock.
              I think that they did define the sixties. They epitomized the "peace love and happiness". Having an opinion of a band's impact on a generation does not make me seem like I am 70. By your logic no one should be able to comment on any sort of history in less they lived during it. And yes i do wish Jerry was still alive. He would have a huge impact on the music scene today, and i think music would be much different and better than it is today

Comment

I think that they did define the sixties. They epitomized the "peace love and happiness". Having an opinion of a band's impact on a generation does not make me seem like I am 70. By your logic no one should be able to comment on any sort of history in less they lived during it. And yes i do wish Jerry was still alive. He would have a huge impact on the music scene today, and i think music would be much different and better than it is today
                Okay, just continue on. You're not doing our generation any favors by pretending modern music doesn't exist and living in the past. Embrace new developing modern culture so we have our own legacies instead of rummaging through your parents' old record boxes.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• so what do you all think of Chiodos? Craigs voice can get annoying but they are really the only hardcore band i like.

Originally posted by mythbusta
                  i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
                  who dey?

Comment

Okay, just continue on. You're not doing our generation any favors by pretending modern music doesn't exist and living in the past. Embrace new developing modern culture so we have our own legacies instead of rummaging through your parents' old record boxes.
                    It's not that I dont like current music, there are a bunch of bands that i still like(John Butler Trio, RHCP, Pearl Jam, Xavier Rudd and more), not to mention that I listen to older bands newer stuff. Its just that I think the music of the 60's and 70's was much better than the music today. It is all a matter of personal preference. Personally I dont particularily like Rap(or at least the kind they play on the Radio) or R and B and those two genres dominate the radio these days. While some Rap is good( The new Lupe Fiasco CD is very good), overall the music of today just doesnt cut it for me

Comment

• Rise Against

/discussion
                      Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                      Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
                      Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
                      A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

• Originally posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post

Rise Against

/discussion
                        great albums both, they are probably one of my favorite bands as of right now

Comment

• I can go for weeks listening to nothing but led zeppelin.

Originally posted by mythbusta
                          i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
                          who dey?

Comment

• sean kingston - gotta move faster

Comment

• Brother Ali - Shadows of the Son
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals1690 View Post

I can go for weeks listening to nothing but led zeppelin.
                                you know there is a satellite radio station for XM Radio that plays nothing but Zeppelin, its called XM Led. its greatness in a box.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information