Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's In Your CD Player - a.k.a. The Music Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • going with the title of the thread, i have nothing. my ass woke up this morning and my CD player had been gutted from my car. yup, completely gone, looks like i'm gonna be rockin' the headphones and iPod for a while.


    Silverback....still the best.

    +rep to Jakey for the sig

    Comment


    • I generally try not to engage in hyperbole with music, but this is probably the best album ever recorded:

      The Bear will not quit, the Bear will not die

      Comment


      • Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
        going with the title of the thread, i have nothing. my ass woke up this morning and my CD player had been gutted from my car. yup, completely gone, looks like i'm gonna be rockin' the headphones and iPod for a while.
        I thought it was illegal to drive with headphones on?

        Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BrentN View Post
          I thought it was illegal to drive with headphones on?
          who knows?? it might be, but i have long hair and it covers my ears.

          why would it be illegal though??


          Silverback....still the best.

          +rep to Jakey for the sig

          Comment


          • Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
            why would it be illegal though??
            Because you cannot hear sirens from emergency vehicles.

            Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BrentN View Post
              Because you cannot hear sirens from emergency vehicles.
              yea i thought of that but the way they make cars nowadays, you can't hear the emergency vehicles anyway. "Quiet Drive" and all that hoopla. that teamed with even semi-loud music, ya can't hear sirens either. who knows though.

              i already do enough illegal stuff, why not one more?? we should ask our resident police officer about this.


              Silverback....still the best.

              +rep to Jakey for the sig

              Comment


              • Brent is right...for that exact reason...

                now, you could make the case for driving with one earphone....much like they made those one earbud earphones for cell phones...

                the most they can do is give you a ticket for a secondary violation...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                  Brent is right...for that exact reason...

                  now, you could make the case for driving with one earphone....much like they made those one earbud earphones for cell phones...

                  the most they can do is give you a ticket for a secondary violation...
                  i'm not argueing with you that it is illegal, i figured you know better than me, but what about my point about the cars nowadays?? how are they legal then?? you can't hear anything outside of cars nowadays.


                  Silverback....still the best.

                  +rep to Jakey for the sig

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                    i'm not argueing with you that it is illegal, i figured you know better than me, but what about my point about the cars nowadays?? how are they legal then?? you can't hear anything outside of cars nowadays.
                    the law is the law...and even with the Quiet Drive stuff in vehicles you should still be able to hear sirens up to 100 yards away with the radio on...

                    then if you don't pull over in some states you could get a ticket...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                      the law is the law...and even with the Quiet Drive stuff in vehicles you should still be able to hear sirens up to 100 yards away with the radio on...

                      then if you don't pull over in some states you could get a ticket...
                      I asked a cop on campus and he said the headphones are illegal to wear. Also, if you are on the phone, you will draw attention to yourself from a police officer because they will expect you to make a mistake. Interesting note, in Texas if your car's stereo is audible from 15 feet away or more, it's a ticket (I like this law).

                      And to keep this on topic:

                      Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                        going with the title of the thread, i have nothing. my ass woke up this morning and my CD player had been gutted from my car. yup, completely gone, looks like i'm gonna be rockin' the headphones and iPod for a while.
                        Ya that always sucks, I had that happen last year, so I did the same thing as you and rocked the iPod with headphones for about a month.

                        Sig by BoneKrusher

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BrentN View Post
                          I asked a cop on campus and he said the headphones are illegal to wear. Also, if you are on the phone, you will draw attention to yourself from a police officer because they will expect you to make a mistake. Interesting note, in Texas if your car's stereo is audible from 15 feet away or more, it's a ticket (I like this law).

                          And to keep this on topic:
                          I'm a police officer in Gainesville...the phone earbuds are not illegal...that is why I said if you wear only one earphone for your ipod or whatever a cop will be hardpressed to give you a ticket...I would not write one for that...in florida it is a secondary violation, meaning I would have to pull you over for speeding, failure to maintain single lane, etc; and then cite you for the headphones...

                          it's also illegal to wear headphones will operating a bicycle...

                          Comment


                          • Comment


                            • Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                              I'm a police officer in Gainesville...the phone earbuds are not illegal...that is why I said if you wear only one earphone for your ipod or whatever a cop will be hardpressed to give you a ticket...I would not write one for that...in florida it is a secondary violation, meaning I would have to pull you over for speeding, failure to maintain single lane, etc; and then cite you for the headphones...

                              it's also illegal to wear headphones will operating a bicycle...
                              Wait, what? That's a pretty *** law right there.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                                Wait, what? That's a pretty *** law right there.
                                well, considering if you ride the bike on the road (in bike lanes) you must follow the laws as if you were driving an automobile...so, it's not that f'd up if you think about it...

                                if you're going to ride in the road you might to be able to hear what's going on around you...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information