Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• One of my top 5 albums. Pretty much went down hill for them after their debut.

Comment

• Last edited by themaninblack; 11-19-2008, 10:07 PM. Reason: it wouldn't let me put the 1st vid in cuz it said g a y in it.

^A Bonekrusher production^
        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post

Great taste man.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
              Great taste man.
              I just stumbled upon that Sigur Ros album, and it's just ******* fantastic. Classic Icelandic tribal chanting with fantastic instrumentation behind it. I'm kinda on a Sigur Ros kick lately. It took me a while to get around to their latest album (which is fantastic), and I watched their DVD Heima a week ago and I think it's the coolest band DVD ever created.

Comment

I just stumbled upon that Sigur Ros album, and it's just ******* fantastic. Classic Icelandic tribal chanting with fantastic instrumentation behind it. I'm kinda on a Sigur Ros kick lately. It took me a while to get around to their latest album (which is fantastic), and I watched their DVD Heima a week ago and I think it's the coolest band DVD ever created.
                I really tried with their latest but it has yet to hit me the way it is supposed to. I really loved Takk... though and I've heard some really good things about that DVD. I'll have to look into that.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                  I really tried with their latest but it has yet to hit me the way it is supposed to. I really loved Takk... though and I've heard some really good things about that DVD. I'll have to look into that.
                  Yes. The DVD Heima and the 2001 release Rimur are must see/listen material.

Personally, I don't think Sigur Ros will ever top Ágætis byrjun, but I can't say that I don't love the rest of their work. They're a band a kind of forgot about for a while, but the DVD made me fall in love with the idea behind the group all over again. There's a moment in the movie where one of them goes around hitting thin slate rocks and listening to the sound they make and eventually makes a huge 20 ft. long chromatically scaled xylophone out of rocks. Seriously. It's just awesome.

Comment

There's a moment in the movie where one of them goes around hitting thin slate rocks and listening to the sound they make and eventually makes a huge 20 ft. long chromatically scaled xylophone out of rocks. Seriously. It's just awesome.
                    Ok...I'm sold. I'll check this one out the next time I get the chance.

They're defiantly one of the better post-rock bands out there right now. I'm a bit more partial to Mogwai though, as far as bands currently making material go. Nothing tops Godspeed for me as far as post-rock goes though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• There are so many layers to this album, musically. I love it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Your taste in music is damn near perfect.

worker bees can leave
                        even drones can fly away
                        the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                          "these stupid ************* never get it, it's pathetic, yo they get to the pros and don't do **** like they Reddick"

O.O
                          Love that line, this kid is legit

Paul

New York Giants
                          New York Yankees
                          New York Knicks (unfortunately)
                          UConn Basketball
                          Virginia Tech Football
                          UConn Football

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGibril28 View Post
                            Love that line, this kid is legit