Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
    Is Akon's new cd any good?
    I doubt anyone here actually has listened to the whole CD on purpose judging from what's in their CD player. I would guess it's not because I'm not a huge Akon fan but preview it on iTunes and judge for yourself.

Comment

• I've been going through a big indy phase right now, so I've basically been listening to just Bright Eyes, The Postal Service, The Shins, Rilo Kiley and The Decemberists.

Still like to mix in some metalcore too, though :)

Comment

• Originally posted by thecoolest View Post
        Bright Eyes, The Postal Service, The Shins, Rilo Kiley and The Decemberists
        If that is what you are into, check out Tokyo Police Club:

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• I hope this question doesnt offend anyone, but i just wondered any of yous know/or are black people that listen to rock/heavy music??? I live in the u.k and allot of my friends are black and listen to similar stuff that id do...i just wondered if the stereotype that all african-americans listen rap/hip hop was true. Thanks peeeeeeps :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jakey View Post
                i just wondered if the stereotype that all african-americans listen rap/hip hop was true.
                It's not, I know African-Americans that share my taste in music.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I hope this question doesnt offend anyone, but i just wondered any of yous know/or are black people that listen to rock/heavy music??? I live in the u.k and allot of my friends are black and listen to similar stuff that id do...i just wondered if the stereotype that all african-americans listened to rap/hip hop. Thanks peeeeeeps :)
                  I'm very offended!!!

But seriously, I'm black and I listen to everything I think sounds good no matter what genre. I think Morrissey is a racist and arrogant POS, but I like the smiths anyway.:p . Some dudes might front about what they're into, but nobody listens to 100% rap and nothing else.

Comment

• Ahhh safe safe, good to know...i guess it being a stereotype should have told me it wasnt true! :p

And i agree Morrisey is a douche, but his musics alright. XD

Comment

Ahhh safe safe, good to know...i guess it being a stereotype should have told me it wasnt true! :p

And i agree Morrisey is a douche, but his musics alright. XD
                      Well here, think about all the white dudes that only listen to rock, that should be the equivalent to black people only liking rap. Some dudes might front and act like they're not interested in anything else, but more than half of the time it's not true. They might not be interested in what you like, but rap isn't the only thing black people listen too. It's mostly youngsters (my age group and lower) that would be rap only, because most that are older were raised on soul,jazz,rhythm&blues, etc...

well back to Morrissey, I'm amazed at how somebody who seems so intelligent (based off of some of his/marrs lyrics) and **** would be so closed minded towards other races and cultures. The smiths are still dope though.

Comment

• Speaking of Morrissey, I'm going to check him out in a couple weeks. Free mini-concert for the Kimmel show, one of the perks of L.A...

Comment

• Originally posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
                          Speaking of Morrissey, I'm going to check him out in a couple weeks. Free mini-concert for the Kimmel show, one of the perks of L.A...
                          Dope, will he play any of the smiths songs, or his own stuff? He's a good singer, should be a good show.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
                            Dope, will he play any of the smiths songs, or his own stuff? He's a good singer, should be a good show.
                            The last time I saw him, he played a lot of old Smiths stuff...but I think he'll be playing stuff from his new album which will drop next month.

I'm kind of a big smiths/moz fan, so I know what to expect from one of his shows :P

Comment

Speaking of Morrissey, I'm going to check him out in a couple weeks. Free mini-concert for the Kimmel show, one of the perks of L.A...
                              I get to see him in March maybe

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

The last time I saw him, he played a lot of old Smiths stuff...but I think he'll be playing stuff from his new album which will drop next month.

I'm kind of a big smiths/moz fan, so I know what to expect from one of his shows :P

Me no likey.

I know what to expect from one of his shows
                                He knows so much about theeeessse Thiiiinngggss!
                                Last edited by BRAVEHEART; 01-21-2009, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information