• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kermit the Frog- Rainbow Connection

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
      Hmm.

DJ Premier and Pete Rock mostly do beats as far as I recall, but this Blue Sky Black Death stuff is just downtempo stuff. If you're expanding the producer title out to things that don't pertain to hip-hop, I'm not sure anyone who does do hip-hop production would be anywhere near a top 10.

It's no offense to any hip-hop producer, it's just that even the most ambitious hip-hop production doesn't come close to most contemporary electronic composition.

It matters who's the producer, alot of electronic (especially house) is very similar to hip hop (samples repeated/almost looped beats). The two aren't very far apart, and are commonly put together. Producers such as the Neptunes have been known to produce everything (including different types electronica, and collabing with artists). Hip-hop producer Stoup' has been known to throw up to 50 something samples into one song...that's skill. Producer Timbaland (and his protege) are do pretty much everything. My friend's an aspiring house DJ, **** is not that complex.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
        Hmm.

DJ Premier and Pete Rock mostly do beats as far as I recall, but this Blue Sky Black Death stuff is just downtempo stuff. If you're expanding the producer title out to things that don't pertain to hip-hop, I'm not sure anyone who does do hip-hop production would be anywhere near a top 10.

It's no offense to any hip-hop producer, it's just that even the most ambitious hip-hop production doesn't come close to most contemporary electronic composition.
        I think your confused on exactly what a hip hop producer is...

That beat is a made for a Hip Hop track.

Blue Sky Black Death & Hell Razah Razah's Ladder
        Gutta Heads Will Roll

download those and I think you'll get a better understanding of BSBD

/sig by BONEkRUSHER/

Comment

• Drake is a beast. Easily moving up my list of favorite rappers.

Comment

• Comment

• I have been way into Radiohead's Hail to the Thief lately. I think I have listened to it 20 times in the past week.

I have also been into the Wu.

Comment

• "A Bower Scene" - The Decemberists

worker bees can leave
                even drones can fly away
                the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Falcon_from_E_Oakland View Post
                  I think your confused on exactly what a hip hop producer is...
                  No, I just didn't see anything by them that involved anything particularly hip-hop initially. Thanks for pointing some out.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
                    It matters who's the producer, alot of electronic (especially house) is very similar to hip hop (samples repeated/almost looped beats). The two aren't very far apart, and are commonly put together. Producers such as the Neptunes have been known to produce everything (including different types electronica, and collabing with artists). Hip-hop producer Stoup' has been known to throw up to 50 something samples into one song...that's skill. Producer Timbaland (and his protege) are do pretty much everything. My friend's an aspiring house DJ, **** is not that complex.
                    Or mystoandpizzi. Look them up on youtube. They make some sick remixes.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I know alot of people hate when I say this, but 9th wonder is the best young producer right now (IMO).

Comment

• 9th Wonder is a young producer? He produced Threat from The Black Album. That's before Jay-Z's "retirement".

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
                          9th Wonder is a young producer? He produced Threat from The Black Album. That's before Jay-Z's "retirement".

compared to Preem,Rock, and any producer in that era....yeah.

Comment

• Charles Hamilton- Brooklyn Girls
                            Charles Hamilton- November 10th

Drake, Hamilton, and Wiz Khalifa are three stars that need more radio play IMO. Better than a lot of these rappers out.

Comment

• Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                                Charles Hamilton- Brooklyn Girls
                                Charles Hamilton- November 10th

Drake, Hamilton, and Wiz Khalifa are three stars that need more radio play IMO. Better than a lot of these rappers out.

add that to the list.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information