even drones can fly away
    the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• "City Middle" - The National

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
        I just saw them at Summerfest.
        And to think I could have seen them at Coachella, but I missed out. I'm thinking about going to see them later next month so i would also like to hear how they are live.

Comment

• Passion Pit- Manners.

Can't seem to listen to anything else.

^A Bonekrusher production^
          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• New KSE album that I've been waiting for for what seems like forever.
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
              They are pretty big over here actually. They got invited back to Bonnaroo this year and their set was like the most crowded show ive ever been at. They are just really disappointing live though.
              Yeah so some of my friends said who saw them a few months ago, still, should be alright. And anyway, i'll be in no mental state to critically analyse.

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                Passion Pit- Manners.

Can't seem to listen to anything else.

Empire of the Sun - Walking on a Dream

This is something you probably haven't heard that you might like

Comment

• Originally posted by 7-11 View Post

Empire of the Sun - Walking on a Dream

This is something you probably haven't heard that you might like
                  What is Paul Walker doing on this album cover?

In the meantime:

"Not the Sun" - Brand New

worker bees can leave
                  even drones can fly away
                  the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                    amnesiac is the red headed stepchild radiohead album. and it's the only one i'd listen to.why.
                    Radiohead's Greatest hits isn't too bad at all. They say once a band has done their Greatest Hits they're done, especially among the many 80s bands, but not so Radiohead.

They also had one of the best cuts on one of the better 80s collections too, Creep, on MTV's (yes, MTV!) Buzz Bin #1, that also featured Blind Melon, The Cranberries, Gin Blossoms & Danzig. Sedated in the 80s 2-CD set is very good too but has many 1-hit wonder cuts. I always buy GH albums for fave groups but like most of you I imagine I disagree with the selections included. One of the best benefits of the digital music era is the ability to compile the listeners' own choice cuts on a CD, maybe that's why CD sales have gone down >60% since 2000.

Eagerly anticipated Greatest Hits albums that marked The End for these 80s bands:
                    • Soul Asylum (Warning, don't listen to Pirner's songs if depressed)
                    • Timbuk3 (God I loved them! Best social commentary of the 80s)
                    • Dramarama
                    • Shout! Best of Tears for Fears
                    • Toad the Wet Sprocket (overlapped into the 90s)
                    • REM (Asylum Rcds. collection only, they did a 2nd Greatest Hits on another label, I have them both, they may or may not be over at this time)
                    • B52s (still around as revival/nostalgia act)
                    • Waiting By the Sea -- The Cure Singles
                    • INXS (RIP, Michael Hutchence)
                    • The Pretenders -- The Singles (Heroin-related deaths of The Honeyman & another guitar player killed their signature sound)
                    • Once In A Lifetime -- Talking Heads (David Byrne still going strong solo it's many times in a lifetime for him, & he's almost exactly my age)
                    • Dire Straits (same story as Byrne with Mark Knopfler & his solo career)
                    • Depeche Mode (anything after the 101 album isn't worth it anyway)
                    • The GoGos (Belinda Carlisle's solo career fizzled but big kudos for reviving surf guitar)

And yet Springsteen & Tom Petty continue on into immortality like the Stones who tour into their 70s, go figure. And there are some others you could list too......
                    Last edited by LizardState; 06-30-2009, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                      Radiohead's Greatest hits isn't too bad at all. They say once a band has done their Greatest Hits they're done, especially among the many 80s bands, but not so Radiohead.
                      correct. i also don't like radiohead except for amnesiac because i think it's actually 'outside the box', instead of 'slightly outside the box'.

Eagerly anticipated Greatest Hits albums that marked The End for these 80s bands:
                      [*]Depeche Mode (anything after the 101 album isn't worth it anyway)
                      i downloaded their discrography once, because all i actually own is violator and i would highly agree with you on that one.

And yet Springsteen & Tom Petty continue on into immortality like the Stones who tour into their 70s, go figure. And there are some others you could list too......
                      thank god the beegees aren't in that mix.

i saw manchester orchestra one time opening for... i think it was the snake, the cross, the crown with my ex boyfriend... and this song made me cry live. i never heard it before, but, it was drenched in so much bloody emotion... i wish i could just put everyone in that first moment it hit me...
                      Last edited by awfullyquiet; 06-30-2009, 09:48 AM.
                      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• Is The Killers Day & Age < the triumphant Sam's Town?

Is Day & Age = Sam's Town? Worse? The cuts on it don't seem to obviously cater to Top 40 or AOR radio play, the song lyrics obviously more complex.

And the real question: did Killers frontman Brandon Flowers receive an official exemption from the LDS church to wear makeup onstage? There's a Rolling Stone photo where's he's clearly wearing heavy mascara.... I believe Marie Osmond received such an exemption in the past.

Really loving the Killers signature percussion-driven rock sound, like a throwback to 1977. Love their conceptutal imagistic lyrics too.

What do you think?

Comment

• Day & Age = Sam's Town. Both very good, very not what I would have expected 5 years ago... and that's what i think makes it good, is that it's not just catchy, but, it moves with a different pace than most, well, radio friendly ****.
                          http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                          For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• Great album:

"Fight Test" - The Flaming Lips

worker bees can leave
                            even drones can fly away
                            the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• In the Morning of Magicians=20 might be my favorite Flaming Lips song^.

The Shins- Oh, Inverted World.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                              Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• The Killers are my favorite band. Hot Fuss is their best album. And that is all.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information