What's In Your CD Player - a.k.a. The Music Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
    In the beginning, George Harrison wasn't that good of a guitarist and even in the studio sometimes Paul would do the guitar parts because George wasn't good enough. But George Harrison during The Beatles last few years was maybe almost at the same level as Lennon/McCartney.

George's solo in this gives me the goosebumps...

Let's get some love for some heavy Beatles songs. The guitar in Helter Skelter is so sloppy but wonderful sounding. Also have to love McCartney's vocals in it. Very raw.

As far as A Day in the Life is concerned... John Lennon's part is phenomenal... Just amazing. I find McCartney's portion of the song to be rather boring and shallow. I think Lennon was almost making fun of McCartney in that song... The Song is called "A Day in the Life". Lennon seems to be conscious of the world around him, and saddened by all the bad things that are happening in the world, whereas McCartney seems utterly self involved and shallow based on the lyrics.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
      You beat me to it. I literally just here came here to post this.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
        Let's get some love for some heavy Beatles songs. The guitar in Helter Skelter is so sloppy but wonderful sounding. Also have to love McCartney's vocals in it. Very raw.

As far as A Day in the Life is concerned... John Lennon's part is phenomenal... Just amazing. I find McCartney's portion of the song to be rather boring and shallow. I think Lennon was almost making fun of McCartney in that song... The Song is called "A Day in the Life". Lennon seems to be conscious of the world around him, and saddened by all the bad things that are happening in the world, whereas McCartney seems utterly self involved and shallow based on the lyrics.
        The greatest Paul vocal...everyone always says John's voice is better than Paul's but I beg to differ...

McCartney has always been more love song oriented (see "Silly Love Songs" from when he was Wings after he was criticized by John) while John has always been on the more political side.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post

Finally bought it. :)
          RIP Mumford & Sons CD... I'm in a dark place right now...
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

:(

how is it btw?

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
              :(

how is it btw?
              Scratched, but will still be the only CD playing in my car for the next two weeks despite that. Absolutely love it.

Listening to Johnny Flynn right now, which the cashier at FYE recommended to me when he rung me up. I'm liking them too, especially with the girl singer. Love it when there's like a male singer and then a female singer is backing him up during the chorus and other parts.
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• The one. The only.

by BoneKrusher
                <DG> how metal unseen
                <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• This has been in my head for a few days. I don't mind.
                  Last edited by hobbes2053; 01-22-2011, 08:52 PM.

worker bees can leave
                  even drones can fly away
                  the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Comment

• this song is now applicable to my life

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

What happened?

One of my favorite CDs, for sure. Definitely the best one of the past year.

If you like Mumford & Sons, you should try some Johnny Flynn.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                            What happened?

One of my favorite CDs, for sure. Definitely the best one of the past year.

If you like Mumford & Sons, you should try some Johnny Flynn.

Look up a couple of posts for this:

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                            Scratched, but will still be the only CD playing in my car for the next two weeks despite that. Absolutely love it.

Listening to Johnny Flynn right now, which the cashier at FYE recommended to me when he rung me up. I'm liking them too, especially with the girl singer. Love it when there's like a male singer and then a female singer is backing him up during the chorus and other parts.
                            :)

I returned the CD. Clerk said it had a factory defect, or something. Exchanged it for a new copy.

And yeah, I'm loving Johnny Flynn!

Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• OK. Jay Jay Pistolet, then.

Comment

• Pass on Jay Jay Pistolet. I like his stuff with The Vaccines more, but even then...eh...
                                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information