• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System of a Down>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rise Against

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
      System of a Down>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rise Against
      This guy knows whats up. I get not liking system, but how can you bash system and than defend rise against? How exactly do you defend that.

Originally posted by WMD
      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
      Originally posted by gpngc
      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
        This guy knows whats up. I get not liking system, but how can you bash system and than defend rise against? How exactly do you defend that.
        Agreed. Rise Against sounds very generic and copy catish to me.

Comment

• Ya everybody has heard it i still ******* love it

Comment

I agree also. I'm not a fan of Rise Against at all...I'm not a huge System of a Down fan anymore, either. But I loved some of their earlier stuff.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

That is a damnable lie. Rise Against are one of my favorite bands. Sufferer and the Witness is one of the few albums I can listen to from start to finish and not hate a single song. Fantastic album. Take your SOAD love and GTFO!
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                That is a damnable lie. Rise Against are one of my favorite bands. Sufferer and the Witness is one of the few albums I can listen to from start to finish and not hate a single song. Fantastic album. Take your SOAD love and GTFO!
                Sorry, the rise against love on here is over blown. At least system had something different about them, like Joejoe said Rise against just reminds me of the new fallout boy/american rejects etc... Rise against sounds like every other band on the radio imo. Not to mention if you compare the two talent wise it isn't close.

Originally posted by WMD
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Comment

Sorry, the rise against love on here is over blown. At least system had something different about them, like Joejoe said Rise against just reminds me of the new fallout boy/american rejects etc... Rise against sounds like every other band on the radio imo. Not to mention if you compare the two talent wise it isn't close.
                    Jvig, normally I love you, but you're so incredibly wrong here that it makes me hurt a little inside. There is absolutely nothing that Rise Against have in common with Fall Out Boy except they both hail from the Chicago area. Rise Against are much more talented with none of the pop-infused ******** you get with Fall Out Boy. I think you need to listen to more Rise Against if you think they sound anything like The All American Rejects.

Awesome sir.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                        Jvig, normally I love you, but you're so incredibly wrong here that it makes me hurt a little inside. There is absolutely nothing that Rise Against have in common with Fall Out Boy except they both hail from the Chicago area. Rise Against are much more talented with none of the pop-infused ******** you get with Fall Out Boy. I think you need to listen to more Rise Against if you think they sound anything like The All American Rejects.

Awesome sir.
                        Maybe sound wise it wasn't the best comparison however what theyre doing for the radio isn't anything different from what the bands I mentioned have done, namely nothing good. Anyway, ive strayed from my original point, namely that trying to argue against SOAD being good music and than bringing up Rise against is just more than silly.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• Perfect, I am not bagging on you, I understand music is a very personal thing and people fall in love with sounds that resonate with them. There is no "right' answer to it. So don't read the following. Please.

[rant]
                          I absolutely can't stand the sounds of the bands on the radio like Rise Against, Fallout Boy, American Rejects, etc... Basically what JVig was saying.

They all sound generically alike. They are over saturated, over produced, have genericized lyrics, and zero overall sound creativity. They are bands that were picked by execs to fill specific checkbox on their corporate checklist of genres that need to be on the label. It just sounds like the picked the bands and spoonfed them some highly distilled ****.

Most of them did not rise on their own, with devoted followings before they made it big. They were picked, programmed, stylized, and then shoved onto the radio.

[/rant]

Comment

trying to argue against SOAD being good music
                            maybe later you can talk about how much you love Korn.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                              maybe later you can talk about how much you love Korn.
                              Being labeled by many to be in the same genera of music doesn't mean I like **** bands like Korn, sorry. You still have yet to attempt to point out why it is Rise against is still better than soad Mr. generic music.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• That's a fine rant and all except Rise Against is really nothing like those ****** pop bands that you listed. They're relatively generic and not amazing but they're a solid band with multiple solid albums. Plus they put on a pretty kick ass show.

That is correct comahan
                                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                                <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information