No announcement yet.

What's In Your CD Player - a.k.a. The Music Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like a lot of Bon Iver's stuff, but for whatever reason, and I'm not sure why, I haven't been able to grab onto any of their songs and almost get lost in it, like I do a lot of others. I know a lot of people are huge fans of them and they're up for a few awards, but can someone point me in the direction of some of their favortie songs os theirs, I want to like these guys a lot, but haven't found anything that has gotten me yet.
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
      I like a lot of Bon Iver's stuff, but for whatever reason, and I'm not sure why, I haven't been able to grab onto any of their songs and almost get lost in it, like I do a lot of others. I know a lot of people are huge fans of them and they're up for a few awards, but can someone point me in the direction of some of their favortie songs os theirs, I want to like these guys a lot, but haven't found anything that has gotten me yet.

Easily one of my favorite songs of all time.

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Thanks APS, those were ******* sweet. For whatever reason my computer won't let me copy or paste ****, therwise I'd post a bunch of songs from a band a little bit like Bon Iver that I really like, but since I can't, I'm just gonna recommend everybody give The Head and the Heart a listen.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
          Thanks APS, those were ******* sweet. For whatever reason my computer won't let me copy or paste ****, therwise I'd post a bunch of songs from a band a little bit like Bon Iver that I really like, but since I can't, I'm just gonna recommend everybody give The Head and the Heart a listen.
          YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• The Black Keys- El Camino

^A Bonekrusher production^
            Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
              The Black Keys- El Camino
              Been listening to the album all day, interspersed with some Mumford and Sons. Giving the latter a try after hearing about them for so long. They're alright so far.
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Bon Iver <3 <3 <3 <3 CHUCK!

Originally posted by fenikz
                His soft D really turns me off
                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                  Been listening to the album all day, interspersed with some Mumford and Sons. Giving the latter a try after hearing about them for so long. They're alright so far.
                  El Camino's been pretty stellar all the way through on first listen IMO. Didn't go in expecting a whole hell of a lot but I've been pleasantly surprised. Definitely getting my tickets for their tour kickoff show in march.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                  Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Comment

• <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                          El Camino's been pretty stellar all the way through on first listen IMO. Didn't go in expecting a whole hell of a lot but I've been pleasantly surprised. Definitely getting my tickets for their tour kickoff show in march.
                          I am going to go out and buy it today, big Black Keys fan, but its going to be hard for me to find room for them since in the past month I've found a bunch of bands that I've been getting stuck on (including Bon Iver, a had only hear two or three of their songs until yesterday, but APS got me into them now, thanks again), so i don't know how I'm going to get them in there.

And now that Mumford's new stuff is coming out... yeah I am a very happy music fan right now...

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                            YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

This band...

Their album is my favorite lyrically of any album I've ever heard, the whole way through. Great lyrics themselves, but put together with different tools of the language, particularly alliteration, which I am a big fan of. Plus they write about the stuff I like most, with an influence from nature in their music... Basically, if I was an incredibly talented songwriter, this is how I'd want my album to be. For me its perfection.

Comment

• <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• I cannot stop listening to this. Creature Fear is one of my favorite songs ever.

Last edited by vidae; 12-10-2011, 01:49 PM.

Originally posted by fenikz
                                His soft D really turns me off
                                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information