No announcement yet.

What's In Your CD Player - a.k.a. The Music Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on Scotty, at least play the awesomest Midtown song there is!

I've posted a few songs by these guys before.. I'm a huge fan and can't get enough.

I just love their sound and they're amazing live. And here are a few things that popped up on my Pandora playlist today:

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Death Cab- Transatlanticism

^A Bonekrusher production^
      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Very nice ^

I've been listening to tons of Jack Johnson a lot recently...I think it's the nice weather. It kind of goes hand and hand.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Vid, Freelance Whales are sick. Really cool band. I always finding myself thinking I want to listen to them more, but oftentimes don't get the chance...

MOTH... if you like Jack Johnson, listen to some Ben Howard. He's got a similar style of music to him, just better. His voice, guitar playing (especially his guitar playing), and imagination when it comes to his music (among many other things) makes him easily one of the top 5 musicians alive right now, IMO. He's a surfer type, like Jack Johnson, but from England, and he has two people that usually back him up. They are great at being able to get the listener into the exact mood that they want. I really have no clue how he hasn't become more popular over in the US yet, but he's real big in Europe, especially England.

Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• I know a few of you guys on here liked Trampled by Turtles when I posted them a long time ago, but they just came out with a new album, and here is a link to the site that has the album up for playing if anyone wants to listen to it. I heard their song Alone last week as a little teaser, and it was amazing. These guys are really developing their sound, and I love the way they are going. If you're into high energy music, even during slower songs, you'll love these guys.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/a...and-satel.html

Comment

• TbT is pretty awesome. Will be listening to their new record tonight.

Now:

Bromst - Dan Deacon
              Last edited by hobbes2053; 04-13-2012, 06:26 PM.

worker bees can leave
              even drones can fly away
              the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• For you Black Keys fans, I highly recommend you check this album. Dan Auerbach produces and plays guitar on it and obviously Dr.John on the vocals. It has that Keys feel but with a little more grittiness

Comment

• Blergh, I will once again be putting up with high school crowds and the general awfulness of New Jersey next month. Can't pass up Brand New, Bouncing Souls, and Gaslight Anthem in the same day. Literally my three favorite bands.

Comment

• hey, don't talk **** on jersey! we gave you those very bouncing souls!

who are putting out a new CD and I can't wait.

I like how the sound is right now

We ALL bleed scarlet
                    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• 62 and still rockin out like a boss

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope
                          Dude! Lets go!

Seriously! I've got Stubhub up right now and tickets are going for about $130, and I may just go no matter what!
                          Go to their website direct if you do, its only $75. I'm still not sure if my friend and I are going down to Tennessee for Mumford. We've decided that we're going to Firefly (**** yeah), and we're pretty certain we'll be able to see them much closer real soon. Granted, it won't be with the same group of people playing with them most likely, but I'm really not sure if we're going all the way down to Bristol yet.

Comment

• So this is my picture with from Bonnaroo with Ben Howard and India Bourne...

The shirt in this picture is nowhere close to white anymore thanks to all the dust, sweat, and sunblock I put on that day, and no bleach will ever get it back to white, lol

I was going to put a bunch of music videos after this, but I think I'll just make that a different post...

Comment

• I know a few of you guys are fans of The Antlers, well, they're coming out with a new album July 24th, IIRC and this is the title track. Supposedly, they aren't doing a continuous storyline like in their previous albums, and they are coming out with a 4 song EP. I'm real excited to see how it comes out. This is the first track I've been able to find off the new EP, "Undersea".

This next song is from a band that I didn't get to see at Bonnaroo, but I should be able to see at Firefly, they are called Blind Pilot and they have a few real cool songs...

This is a band that I will be looking into more of, this is the only song of theirs that I've heard as of making this post, but there's something about them that REALLY makes me want to find more. They are playing a free show in Philly that I'll probably be going to, as well as watching them when I'm at the Firefly festival. Most of you have probably heard this song (or will at least find something familiar about parts of it), but I really like this song a lot.

This next song was one of my favorite moments at Bonnaroo. Electric Guest was a later add to the Roo lineup that I was real pumped about. This song is long, but its an absolutely great song that was real cool to see live. They've got a few other real good songs as well that I'd recommend listening to.

This next one is another one of my favorite moments of Bonnaroo. Sam Bush and his band came out, told us to prepare for a ride on the bluegrass train, and put on a hell of a show, this was one of the songs that they played that I really liked. Sam Bush is one of the most talented Mandolin players alive, and it really shows in this song. You can catch glimpses of me in the crowd, I was right near the front, but you never get a good look.

There's a bunch of other songs that I have been thinking about putting up that I can't think of right now, so those will probably come later, lol.

Edit: This is one of Moon Taxi's song, "Mercury", their show was one of my absolute favorites at Roo, and I would strongly suggest looking into these guys if you are looking for something "different". I find it difficult to put them in any one genre. Really cool band, give them a listen, they're playing at Firefly and they are one of the bands I'm looking forward to most now that I know who they are.

had to add another one of their songs...
                              Last edited by eaglesalltheway; 06-25-2012, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• Literally just found this song and this band. Listen to them and thank me later. My personaly favorite new find since The Lumineers...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information