College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
    As of right now, I have Ohio State-Kansas in the NC.
    Impressive when they are in the same region.

OSU-Kentucky?

Comment

Then you're doing it wrong.

Comment

I have Oakland-Siena. Just wait for the mega upsets. I can't wait for Ohio State to switch regions mid tournament though.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I don't care if he throws chairs or chokes players, Bob Knight is awesome.

Plus, the people he did those things to probably really deserved it.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
            Impressive when they are in the same region.

OSU-Kentucky?
            That is what I meant. My fault.

Comment

• what was up with the dude grabbing his dick?
              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• I got two 12 seeds in my sweet sixteen so far.

Comment

• Another thing I don't get, why is Duke facing the play in winner?

Wouldn't having to play in for a spot mean that you are the worst seed, and therefore should have to play the top seed? Why doesn't the top 1 seed get to face the play in winner.

Furthermore, the play in game should really be between bubble teams and not automatic qualifiers. I know most bubble teams are probably better, but they didn't qualify automatically. You shouldn't have to play in if you automatically qualified.

Comment

Another thing I don't get, why is Duke facing the play in winner?

Wouldn't having to play in for a spot mean that you are the worst seed, and therefore should have to play the top seed? Why doesn't the top 1 seed get to face the play in winner.

Furthermore, the play in game should really be between bubble teams and not automatic qualifiers. I know most bubble teams are probably better, but they didn't qualify automatically. You shouldn't have to play in if you automatically qualified.

Completely agree. They already played their way into the tournament they shouldn't have to do it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                      Completely agree. They already played their way into the tournament they shouldn't have to do it again.
                      Exactly.

Plus, if you are going to essentially say that the play in winner isn't going to be the worst seed (which is pretty much what they are saying since the winner doesn't face Kansas), a play in game of like Illinois-VT for a 13 seed or something would be awesomely more entertaining.

Comment

• They should just put one of those stupid conferences back in division 2.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Another thing I don't get, why is Duke facing the play in winner?

The #1 overall never plays the play in winner. I think it's so they know who they're playing and can watch film and start practicing for a specific team.

Not that it matters.

Comment

• This will all be moot when they go to 96 teams soon.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              This will all be moot when they go to 96 teams soon.
                              That is just way too many teams in a tournament. I can understand expanding the tournament but you'll have teams with .500 records making the tourney by expanding to 96.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                              WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                                The #1 overall never plays the play in winner. I think it's so they know who they're playing and can watch film and start practicing for a specific team.

Not that it matters.
                                Yea, I was just using this year for example, that I figured the play in winner should face the overall #1 seed.

The whole knowing who they play makes sense, I agree, but like you said it doesn't really matter.

Hence, why the whole logic behind a play in game is flawed. If you have to play in, you should be the 64th and 65th teams. That shouldn't be 2 teams that auto qualified. Even if it is, the 64th team should have to face the 1st team, not the 4th. It just makes no logical sense for seeding purposes.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information