College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
    Honestly, this whole tournament, it is apparent what the 2 hardest things to do in basketball are:

1. Break a press.
    2. Make FTs.
    Actually, i'd put making FTs at number one. It seems like there's NO clutch shooters in CBB.

Most decent teams can break a full court trap like Kentucky is doing right now, it's really not that difficult. WVU just really sucks at advancing the ball right now, their guys are hanging on to the ball way too long.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
      If Baylor beats Duke, there will be no #1 seed in the Final Four. Has that ever happened?
      Definitely. As recently as 2006.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
        Definitely. As recently as 2006.
        Yeah, you're right. I had no idea UCLA was a #2 seed that year.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          Actually, i'd put making FTs at number one. It seems like there's NO clutch shooters in CBB.

Most decent teams can break a full court trap like Kentucky is doing right now, it's really not that difficult. WVU just really sucks at advancing the ball right now, their guys are hanging on to the ball way too long.
          Yea, it was more like 1a and 1b. But seriously, those should be 2 of the easier things to do in basketball.

It isn't just WV, between the NCAA and NIT, I'd say 75% at least of the teams I've seen can't break a simple press and probably 33%-50% suck at FTs down the stretch.

It's absurd.

Comment

• btw, I love, LOVE, watching well coached teams beat more talented/"better" teams.

Which is one reason why Tom Izzo is the sex.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
              Yeah, you're right. I had no idea UCLA was a #2 seed that year.
              Yeah, but when I looked into it, that was only the second time it ever happened, so it is quite rare.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                this is the *worst* hack job i've ever seen by any group of refs. ever.

i hope these pieces of **** enjoy whatever money they got for trying to give kentucky the game.
                That's exactly what i was thinking. It was pathetic how Kentucky was getting all the calls down the stretch.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                  btw, I love, LOVE, watching well coached teams beat more talented/"better" teams.

Which is one reason why Tom Izzo is the sex.
                  The main reason is though that he is the human embodiment of sex appeal.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• John Wall reminds me of Steve Francis. Maybe a smarter and more in control Francis.

Comment

• Horribly officiated game, completely disrupted everything. Not the reason UK lost but just awful. They're a defensive team but the defense was just unlike anything it's been the last 2 months. Couldn't hit a shot and WVU couldn't miss long.

Ugh... Just a crappy game.

Glad for WVU, despite getting screwed and getting a 2 seed they took care of business. I will be pulling for them. Time to drown my sorrows.

Comment

• How do you sell a Final Four consisting of Butler, West Virginia, Duke/Baylor, and Tennessee/Mich St. to the casual fan?

I'm geeked, but TV ratings are going to be way down.

Comment

• Great ******* game boys. Mazzulla you are the man.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                          12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• It's amazing. When Bob Huggins was hired for Belien I was prepared for teams that had awesome recruits but choked in the tourney because Huggy had the got the reputation of a choker at Cincy (pretty much like Coach Cal now).

Anyway, I was totally wrong. He is an amazing coach who adapted to the players around him. It's also nice he did it the "right way" by keeping all of John Belien's players who wanted to stay, unlike Coach Cal who kicked off half the team when he arrived at Kentucky to make way for his own kids. Not really meaning that to be a dig at Coach Cal, it obviously worked and all kinds of coaches do it (even John Belien at Michigan) but I think it says a lot about Huggs even though he has the reputation as a scumbag.

Anyway, Huggins is pretty much a god in the state now, even more so than Rich Rod used to be.

edit: Btw, I hate being the favorite now. WVU always chokes as the favorite, we need to be the underdog damnit.
                            Last edited by Arsenal; 03-28-2010, 01:13 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• I just don't want Duke to win it all. Please.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information