College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
    Duke is getting all the calls down the stretch. No surprise at all.
    Oh gosh, spare me.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Peefs????? View Post
      Well Vitale is a former D1 & NBA coach himself.
      He was a HS basketball coach that stumbled into an NBA gig. Nothing too impressive on his resume.

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
      Oh gosh, spare me.
      What? Did you not see the atrocious call that completely killed all momentum Baylor had and gave Duke the lead in the final two minutes? Then the subsequent calls?

Comment

• Originally posted by El Peefs????? View Post
        Well Vitale is a former D1 & NBA coach himself.
        I have to wonder if he was a drastically different person then. I don't know how anyone could take him seriously as a coach if he was at all like the guy we see today.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
          to be fair, madden was a former coach. and he was atrocious, except for sentimental reasons, for his last few seasons. i think he'd average like, half a sentence of actual insight during any game for his last three years in the booth.

vitale's basically the same, except that, where madden's senility made him kind of lovable, vitale's rabid ACC fanaticism just makes me hate him.
          Well when Madden's mind started going from all the grease in his body he had a big time downward spiral sure. He wasnt a bad announcer when he was a bit 'younger'.

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          He was a HS basketball coach that stumbled into an NBA gig. Nothing too impressive on his resume.
          He may have stumbled onto an NBA job but he was a real good coach for the Detroit Titans.

Comment

• Butler is seriously under-rated. The AP had them as the 11th best team at the end of the year. Because of where the tournament placed them, they made them a 5. They could have easily been a 2 in another bracket. If they beat Michigan State (and I'd bet money on it if I were not a broke college student), you have to believe that the game against Duke/WVU will be insane.
            **** her in da *****!

Comment

• I'm number one in the NFLDC yahoo tournament pickem group. My bracket is best of the crappy ones. What a weird year.

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• speaking of final four stories, my dad found really cheap final 4 tickets a few years ago. for like $30. i wondered how the hell he got them and was really excited... then i realized he had bought tickets for the div-2 championship game... not the final four, he had no clue. i was pretty young, so i started whining and got pretty upset at him for wasting money.

all i wanted was to see some good basketball
                this is what I saw
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XafWnuJWYvA

life changing

Comment

• http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2010/...fies-odds.html

Huge fan of 538. Nice breakdown of what an incredible coach Tom Izzo is.
                  Last edited by bearsfan_51; 03-29-2010, 11:44 AM.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• John Wall, Scottie Reynolds, Evan Turner, Wes Johnson, and DeMarcus Cousins are this year's first-team All-Americans.

Really happy for Scottie, at least a slightly positive note to end a disappointing season. As much as he had his ups and downs he was always a favorite player of mine and he'll really be missed.

Turner, Wall, and Johnson not at all surprising. Reynolds could have not ended up on the team and depending who was in his place I wouldn't have batted an eye, same with Cousins though he was obviously great this year.

Comment

• Da'Sean on the second team. Would have liked to have seen him on the first, o well.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                      12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                        What? Did you not see the atrocious call that completely killed all momentum Baylor had and gave Duke the lead in the final two minutes? Then the subsequent calls?
                        You come off as implying the refs handed Duke the game and that one call completely decided the game. Was it a block by Zoubek? Yeah, probably... But that one call did not completely decide the game. Maybe Baylor should have stopped Duke from making wide open 3 balls.

Which subsequent calls? I sure missed them.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                          John Wall, Scottie Reynolds, Evan Turner, Wes Johnson, and DeMarcus Cousins are this year's first-team All-Americans.

Really happy for Scottie, at least a slightly positive note to end a disappointing season. As much as he had his ups and downs he was always a favorite player of mine and he'll really be missed.

Turner, Wall, and Johnson not at all surprising. Reynolds could have not ended up on the team and depending who was in his place I wouldn't have batted an eye, same with Cousins though he was obviously great this year.
                          So I just read that Turner received all but 1 vote for first team.

Someone really didn't vote Turner 1st team?

Wall was also left off 3 first teams.

Comment

• Kyle Singler deserved a vote or two (except after that last game lol)
                            **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Pretty much what I expected for the All American team. Let's see everyone's final four picks.

Butler over Michigan St.
                              West Virginia over Duke

West Virginia over Butler

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                                Pretty much what I expected for the All American team. Let's see everyone's final four picks.

Butler over Michigan St.
                                West Virginia over Duke

West Virginia over Butler

Michigan over Butler
                                WVU over Duke

WVU Winner.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information