No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSU has such a good graduation rate because Leonard Hamilton is HORRIBLE at developing talent lol.

I'd imagine the SEC's is pretty bad. Georgia must have a pretty awful one.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
      FSU has such a good graduation rate because Leonard Hamilton is HORRIBLE at developing talent lol.

I'd imagine the SEC's is pretty bad. Georgia must have a pretty awful one.
      This is only for freshman classes between 2000 and 2003, so it's a really small sample. Probably actually wasn't difficult to calculate at all. Anyways, article says Maryland was at the bottom with an 8% graduation rate. Amazing that there were multiple schools with 10x the graduation rate that the Terps have...not like Maryland is a bad school either. Maybe just the combo of being a large public school that's pretty good academically just was too much, plus Maryland had some good players over that period. Seems like private schools have an easier time graduating their athletes from that list with schools like Wake, Duke, Lehigh, Marquette, and ND on there. BYU isn't a surprise either.

Comment

• Tennessee's mens basketball graduation rate is awful. A lot of that has to do with transfers and kids getting kicked off I bet.

The women's is 100%. haha
        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
        RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
          Tennessee's mens basketball graduation rate is awful. A lot of that has to do with transfers and kids getting kicked off I bet.

The women's is 100%. haha
          They let women into universities now?

Comment

• They have colleges in the South?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• So weird to see Lavin with a job again. Its been a long time.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                He's filthy, I really wonder where he ends up. Still think Texas or maybe Minny have to be the frontrunners. Apparently there's some chatter he might end up at 'Nova but I'm not sure I buy it.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/G...-rate-45826330

Big East has three teams with 90% or higher graduation rates...pretty impressive for a generally strong conference. ACC's got a similar percentage of schools with Wake and Duke on there too and FSU is close. Impressive for teams to remain competitive and still graduate kids, hats off to those coaches. BYU, Utah State, Wofford, Vermont, and Lehigh are the other 5 schools who pulled that off.

I'm starting to like our chances a little better lately. Supposedly Maurice Walker is trying to talk Cory into coming here with him, that would be amazing. 3/5th's of our starting lineup would be Canadian.

I still think Texas is the favorite but I'd put our chances at around 30-35%.

Comment

• Showing Bledsoe/Wall/Cousins at the McDonald's game.... Depressing :(

On the plus side I'm probably watching several future UK players right now I'm sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                    Showing Bledsoe/Wall/Cousins at the McDonald's game.... Depressing :(

On the plus side I'm probably watching several future UK players right now I'm sure.
                    Leslie and Knight for sure.

I hope Selby heads to Kansas, and UT doesn't have any luck closing out.

I also hear a lot of McCallum to UF talk. I also think Patric Young is stupid amounts of underrated outside of ESPN. He's lanky, ripped, and athletic as all hell. He's going to be a superstar.

UF, UT, UK are going to do big things for the conference next season.

Comment

• Actually hoping Selby goes to UT (if not UK of course), UT would be really solid next year if that was the case. I'm all about strengthening the conference.

I didn't bother at all with recruiting all season since we were actually good again but now I'm just trying to catch up. UK should get a wave of commitments once players start officially putting their name in the draft.

Comment

• http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...Smackdown-3421
                        Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                        Coples is that dude.
                        Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• 2010 NBA Draft Early Entries

James Anderson 6’6 195 SG: Oklahoma State JR.
                          Cole Aldrich 6’11 260 C: Kansas JR.
                          Craig Brackins 6’9 230 F: Iowa State JR.
                          Derrick Character 6’8 275 F: UTEP JR.
                          Malcolm Delaney 6’4 175 G: Virginia Tech JR.
                          Charles Garcia 6’10 225 F: Seattle JR.
                          Kenneth Faried 6’8 240 F: Morehead State JR.
                          Paul George 6’7 190 G/F: Fresno State SO.
                          Manny Harris 6’5 190 SG: Michigan JR.
                          Jeremy Hazell 6’5 185 SG: Seton Hall JR.
                          Dominique Jones 6’4 190 SG: South Florida JR.
                          Sylvan Landesberg 6’6 195 SG: Virginia SO.
                          Tommy Mason-Griffin 5’11 200 PG: Oklahoma FR.
                          Daniel Orton 6’10 240 F/C: Kentucky FR.
                          Herb Pope 6’8 235 F: Seton Hall SO.
                          Jeff Robinson 6’6 205 G/SF: Seton Hall SO.
                          Hassan Whiteside 7’0 235 C: Marshall FR.
                          Jahmar Young 6’5 190 SG: New Mexico State JR.
                          Al Farouq Aminu 6’8 220 SF: Wake Forest SO.

Bold are guys who I think put there names out there who should have stayed.. and a couple of the guys not bolded I haven't seen play yet.
                          Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                          Coples is that dude.
                          Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Lol, I assumed guys like Manny Harris and Tommy Mason Griffin were just testing the waters but a lot of them have hired agents. It never ceases to amaze me how stupid some of these guys are.

Comment

• I'd be really surprised if Selby doesn't commit to Kansas...He didn't name UT as a school he was considering at the McD's AA Game.

Doron Lamb and Brandon Knight seem headed to UK..

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                              Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• Staying 4 years in college is a negative unfortunately in most NBA scouts eyes now a days. IMO by announcing a return for a senior season without reason your draft stock drops a half round and you really need a good senior season just to maintain where you were as a junior. The only Juniors who should return back to school are one's who had really bad seasons.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information