College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
    Georgetown isn't that good on defense, they really too heavily on the 3 ball which is why they have lost to teams like St. Johns. Still amazed though they managed to win with Chris Wright going scoreless and being a non factor. Nova's problem is still that everything is one on one and there is zero interior scoring. Yarou just doesn't look like an NBA player to me. He's huge, strong, a good shootblocker and decent rebounder but his body has no fluidity. Everything is so mechanical. Also in that key moment being unable to finish over the 6 foot Chris Wright is not good. You got to go strong with that.
    Bingo. Interior scoring happens from time to time, but is incredibly inconsistent. However, it's always one on one. If you gave a coach who made his players run set plays the offensive talent that Villanova has, they would be a dominant offensive team. They really don't play well together, and in games where they struggle to score it's absolutely infuriating. Missing the front end of those one and one's in the second half hurt quite a bit, but the lack of consistent offense is really a killer. At least they tried to get to the bucket this game as opposed to against Providence where it was jumpers all day. Hopefully they rebound and get things going later in the year, but right now I think they'll continue to underachieve. Teased me with some nice games and I thought they were putting things together, but this team is exactly as inconsistent and was as overrated as I thought they were. Looks like another frustrating season.

As for Yarou, he's a good rebounder and shotblocker and still really raw so there's a long way to go obviously. He doesn't go up as strong as he should or just attack the rim like he is capable of doing. He just hasn't shown the mentality to be a good offensive player yet, I'd imagine he'll be a four year player based on how raw he is and how serious he is about school, so he has time to develop but is definitely a long way away. The mentality issues are what concern me, because typically that doesn't change.

Comment

• I cannot ******* stand watching Wisconsin basketball. Wind down the shot clock, pass it around, have some white dude take an outside shot, rinse, repeat.

Comment

• Wow Duke really? getting btch slapped by a team who has lost 5 of their last 6 games. Again Duke will be an early exist in the tourny, way too soft and all you have to do is guard them tight on the perimeter because very few players on that team can create for themselves towards the basket.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Haha an early exit? Yeah I can really see us dropping that 1st or 2nd round game.... When the three doesn't fall and we actually have tough kids inside to deal with then it's quite easy to beat us. It's always been that way. If Kyrie comes back let's see if you will still be singing that very same tune. Because OSU, Kansas, Syracuse, Pitt haven't shown any bigtime choking qualities at all this season..... Btw K really does need to recruit some true bangers inside. The Plumlee's & Kelly will not be getting it done for years to come.
          Last edited by JRTPlaya21; 01-30-2011, 05:15 PM.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
          2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
          2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• He obviously wasn't talking about the first round game, 2nd round isn't totally out of the question though, it never is.

Comment

• True. But us in March with 2 of the best players in the nation... big difference compared to some random losses during the season. Now if we drop say 4 to 6 more then I may start to see it that way. Every team has some tragic flaws. So this tourney is going to be wide open. And again if that Kyrie fellow makes his appearance right around where I've been hearing he will then watch out.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
              2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
              2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• last night was a heartbreaker :(
                We ALL bleed scarlet
                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Iowa has a player shooting under 35% from the free throw line this season.

The sad thing is, that's not even one of our top 10 problems this year...

Comment

• Michigan has two straight Big 10 wins! This is an incredible feat!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                      Michigan has two straight Big 10 wins! This is an incredible feat!
                      I'm incredibly jealous.

Also, **** you guys for making like 15 straight shots to start the 2nd half. Also, Tim Hardaway Jr. is sexy.

Comment

• Also, Darius Morris will have a triple with a side order of double. 12 points, 11 dimes, 10 boards.

Comment

• Michigan isn't nearly as bad as their record, they just rely way too much on the 3 and their big men are abysmal.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                            Michigan isn't nearly as bad as their record, they just rely way too much on the 3 and their big men are abysmal.
                            Probably because they're all undersized freshmen. Literally, there isn't a single guy 6'6" or taller that saw collegiate game action before this year.

Comment

• Even so, Minnesota out rebounded you guys 38-13. That is very, very bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                                Even so, Minnesota out rebounded you guys 38-13. That is very, very bad.
                                We had four guards on the floor for most of that game. The tallest being Tim Hardaway at 6'5". Beilein hoped that our guards would get hot from behind the arc. They actually shot pretty well, we just got screwed because Smotrycz decided to go 1-7 from 3-point range in his 16 minutes on the floor.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information