No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As much as I hate to say it, Duke can still win a ship. They played pretty bad in The Garden but tbh, even though St.Johns has looked horrible at times, when they are at there best, they are a very good team. Tons of seniors and a staff that has panned out really well for them.

You guys know this is college basketball, nobody will be going undefeated in the regular season. There are 3-4 teams that I look at as national champs and they are Kansas & Duke (who are more obvious choices) and then the sleepers Texas & Michigan State who has looked terrible this year but has the players and the coach to win.
    Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
    Coples is that dude.
    Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
      As much as I hate to say it, Duke can still win a ship. They played pretty bad in The Garden but tbh, even though St.Johns has looked horrible at times, when they are at there best, they are a very good team. Tons of seniors and a staff that has panned out really well for them.

You guys know this is college basketball, nobody will be going undefeated in the regular season. There are 3-4 teams that I look at as national champs and they are Kansas & Duke (who are more obvious choices) and then the sleepers Texas & Michigan State who has looked terrible this year but has the players and the coach to win.
      LOLZ @ MSU. They flat out stink this year.

OSU will pwn you all.

Comment

• I mean you look at States record and your like yeah wtf they should have like 3 losses, I don't even know what the problem is but I am saying if they happen to make the tourney they could make a run. Ohio State is very solid but they have flaws as well, the PG play hasn't always been good but if Sullinger can put that team on his back come tourney time then yeah I guess them too but I think they will choke.
        Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
        Coples is that dude.
        Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
          I mean you look at States record and your like yeah wtf they should have like 3 losses, I don't even know what the problem is but I am saying if they happen to make the tourney they could make a run. Ohio State is very solid but they have flaws as well, the PG play hasn't always been good but if Sullinger can put that team on his back come tourney time then yeah I guess them too but I think they will choke.
          PG play? Craft is a stud.

The biggest issue is lack of big men. A tall team will give OSU fits. Sullinger is a stud, but he isn't exactly a giant. I fear tall teams in the bracket in the tourney.

Comment

• Quick question for anyone....Ryan Rossiter of Siena, does he have any pro potential? Could he sneak into the back half of a weak draft?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

• Wally Judge has ledt the K-State program.is there a bigger disappointment

Comment

• Texas just has the look of possibly the top team in the nation. They are just so deep and play awesome defense. Also Jordan Hamilton is a bonafide consistent scorer, then the youngins like Tristan and Joseph and capable of blowing up at any time, not to mention J'Covan. Gary Johnson and Balbay are your perfect veteran leadership glue guys. Jai Lucas and Wangmene as your 7th and 8th off the bench is pretty crazy. Losing Dexter Pittman actually helped the team D and overall athleticism. If Avery Bradley had stayed this would be far and away the best team in the country.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                  Texas just has the look of possibly the top team in the nation. They are just so deep and play awesome defense. Also Jordan Hamilton is a bonafide consistent scorer, then the youngins like Tristan and Joseph and capable of blowing up at any time, not to mention J'Covan. Gary Johnson and Balbay are your perfect veteran leadership glue guys. Jai Lucas and Wangmene as your 7th and 8th off the bench is pretty crazy. Losing Dexter Pittman actually helped the team D and overall athleticism. If Avery Bradley had stayed this would be far and away the best team in the country.
                  They are good. They are not great, IMO. Still don't mesh as well as a team should. I got to see them live when they lost to UConn. There were moments when they played awesomely, but they had a ton of mental mistakes.

I also don't think they know how to run a defense like a mature team. Lots of silly fouls and mental mistakes.

That said, they are light years better than last year. A lot of those guys hated each other, and it showed on the court.

Their defense might mature enough by the tourney. They will make a good run, but I don't see them winning it all.

Comment

• I'll take the Ohio State Sullingers as the best team.

Comment

• Ricardo Ledo is back on the market.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                      2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                      2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/

Comment

• My elite teams, in no particular order:
                          Texas
                          Kansas
                          Ohio State

Overrated:
                          Pitt
                          UConn
                          Duke
                          Notre Dame
                          BYU (sorry Jimmer)

Favorite bracket busters (March upset picks):
                          Marquette
                          St. Johns
                          Michigan
                          Baylor

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                            My elite teams, in no particular order:
                            Texas
                            Kansas
                            Ohio State

Overrated:
                            Pitt
                            UConn
                            Duke
                            Notre Dame
                            BYU (sorry Jimmer)

Favorite bracket busters (March upset picks):
                            Marquette
                            St. Johns
                            Michigan
                            Baylor
                            St. Johns has to win almost all of the rest of their games in order to make the tourney. They are a long shot.

I love the rest of your bracket busters. I think UM is turning into a damn good team. May hand OSU their first loss Thursday night.

Marquette impresses me, but I was shocked at how they choked away that Louisville game.

Comment

• Purdue at Wisconsin starting soon, should be a great game

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• Wally Judge is leaving Kansas State. I've heard Rutgers might have a very good shot at him. How I love thee, Mike Rice.
                                Last edited by Giantsfan1080; 02-01-2011, 08:45 PM.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information