No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hahahaha Ohio State must hate the **** out of us. Two wins against #1 undefeated Ohio State in basketball and football in the same season = priceless. We went on a 3 point run around 15:00 left in the 2nd half that was unreal, unlike anything I've ever seen. I saw Marquette go 6-7 in the first half but I think we made 5 or 6 straight 3 pointers on consecutive possessions.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• Yeah, they choked it. Oh well. Let's watch the idiot voters drop them to #6 or so.

They needed a wakeup call like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
        What a choke job by Ohio State, up 13 halfway through the second half and end up losing by 4.
        I wouldn't call that a choke job... they played well and in the 2nd half had some shots just barely rim out. There's nothing they can do when Wisconsin hits about 6 3 pointers in a row either and another clutch 3 at about 1 min left, 2 point game by probably our worst shooter (although we don't have bad shooters, just about the entire team is over 80% at the free throw line).

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by umphrey View Post
          I wouldn't call that a choke job... they played well and in the 2nd half had some shots just barely rim out. There's nothing they can do when Wisconsin hits about 6 3 pointers in a row either and another clutch 3 at about 1 min left, 2 point game by probably our worst shooter (although we don't have bad shooters, just about the entire team is over 80% at the free throw line).
          They played very bad, they went completely away from Sullinger down low and it was the Aaron Craft show for whatever reason. I don't mean to take too much away from Wisconsin though, I'd take Jordan Taylor over any other PG in the country other than Kyrie Irving. He's a beast and I hate Tubby for not locking him up.

Comment

Hahahaha Ohio State must hate the **** out of us. Two wins against #1 undefeated Ohio State in basketball and football in the same season = priceless. We went on a 3 point run around 15:00 left in the 2nd half that was unreal, unlike anything I've ever seen. I saw Marquette go 6-7 in the first half but I think we made 5 or 6 straight 3 pointers on consecutive possessions.
            Yeah it was a good game. I couldn't believe how many 3's Wiscy was making.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
              Yeah, they choked it. Oh well. Let's watch the idiot voters drop them to #6 or so.

They needed a wakeup call like that.
              Give the voters a little credit. They'll drop them to 4. They will put Kansas at #1, even tho they lost to #2 Texas, and the Pittsburgh will be #3 cuz well, the Big East in basketball is like the SEC in football. As long as the win. They might drop to #5 cuz Duke will get #4 cuz Duke is like IDK, Notre Dame or something in football. The Big East and Duke must be represented!

Comment

• Duke is like Notre Dame in football? Lmao far from it. Please keep OSU in the top 4 please. My objective is #1 come April 4th.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

They played very bad, they went completely away from Sullinger down low and it was the Aaron Craft show for whatever reason. I don't mean to take too much away from Wisconsin though, I'd take Jordan Taylor over any other PG in the country other than Kyrie Irving. He's a beast and I hate Tubby for not locking him up.
                  Yeah they probably would have had more success if they went to Sullinger more in the second half. I didn't see if Wisconsin was making an effort to take him out of the game or if they just weren't feeding him the rock. Their guards were playing well though and they had to deal with a lot of bad luck.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Yeah they probably would have had more success if they went to Sullinger more in the second half. I didn't see if Wisconsin was making an effort to take him out of the game or if they just weren't feeding him the rock. Their guards were playing well though and they had to deal with a lot of bad luck.
                    Yep, bad luck and Wiscy hit 50% of their threes. OSU did not play bad, Wiscy just played better. Thankfully there are no more games in the Kohl Center this season :)

Comment

• wtf was with wisconsin making all those threes? fluke. credit to Wisconsin for having the hardest venues to play at in football and basketball both.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
                        Duke is like Notre Dame in football? Lmao far from it. Please keep OSU in the top 4 please. My objective is #1 come April 4th.
                        There are plenty of compairisons. I mean I am no Duke hater but....

1. I know Notre Dame has NBC, but ESPN pretty much has every Duke game on. I mean c'mon they were on ESPN when they played St. Louis.

2. They are talked about whether they have few losses and contending for a title or talked about when they are fighting on the bubble (which u know what they never are)

3. Their stadium is talked like a churchly place.

4. They are always talked about having a high ranked class. And always get a pretty favorable ranking in the preseason.

5. Pretty much every game they play is considered a rivalry. Yeah, NC State-Duke...sure, sure....

So right now, it may not be a fair compairson cuz Notre Dame is down with a coach who is rebuilding, and Duke is higher than ever with well, I gotta say with the best college basketball coach ever. But Duke is kinda like that.

Comment

• http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...116091704.html

Jim Souhan is a blowhard, but I can't disagree with much in here. Tubby hasn't been awful, but he sure hasn't been good.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• He took us from losing to the likes of Winona State and Marist to a NCAA tourney team within a couple years so I'd say he's been good. It's incredibly frustrating however knowing that he won't take us to the next level though because he refuses to recruit guys who can actually score, and he doesn't know how to coach an offense. We're going to be a bubble/one and done team for as long as he's here.

Comment

He took us from losing to the likes of Winona State and Marist to a NCAA tourney team within a couple years so I'd say he's been good.
                              We were losing to those teams because we were on probation. Minnesota has always had a pretty decent basketball program, so to get us to the tourney is nothing special. We're the only D1 program in a state that actually plays pretty good basketball (see, for example, that half of Wisconsin's roster is made of players from Minnesota)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

He took us from losing to the likes of Winona State and Marist to a NCAA tourney team within a couple years so I'd say he's been good. It's incredibly frustrating however knowing that he won't take us to the next level though because he refuses to recruit guys who can actually score, and he doesn't know how to coach an offense. We're going to be a bubble/one and done team for as long as he's here.
                                Easy on Winona State. Southeastern Minnesota is a gold mine of greatness, a ******* gold mine. It produced me.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information