If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
There are plenty of compairisons. I mean I am no Duke hater but....
1. I know Notre Dame has NBC, but ESPN pretty much has every Duke game on. I mean c'mon they were on ESPN when they played St. Louis.
2. They are talked about whether they have few losses and contending for a title or talked about when they are fighting on the bubble (which u know what they never are)
3. Their stadium is talked like a churchly place.
4. They are always talked about having a high ranked class. And always get a pretty favorable ranking in the preseason.
5. Pretty much every game they play is considered a rivalry. Yeah, NC State-Duke...sure, sure....
So right now, it may not be a fair compairson cuz Notre Dame is down with a coach who is rebuilding, and Duke is higher than ever with well, I gotta say with the best college basketball coach ever. But Duke is kinda like that.
Haha I pretty much just made that quote because ND hasn't won a title in God knows how long and we kind of just came off a title. It's true they do get the ESPN lovefest which annoys the hell outta me seeing as how ESPN only covers about 15 sports teams (Duke, UNC, Lakers, Celtics etc.) But atleast I can always watch my team play. I pretty much group Cameron Indoor with Rupp, Fog Allen, Dean Dome etc. And as holy as Coach K may be I still think that Wooden guy is the mecha.
And rivalry wise every team gets up to play Duke but really the only wins I want badly are those two with UNC. I guess beating up on Maryland can be nice on occasions. But they "aren't our rivals" according to most Duke fans.
#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
2015 2K Classic Champions