No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone watching this Robert Morris-Long Island game? It's a good one.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
      Very true. I think I'd trade coaches right now, though this is the worst season since I enrolled here so I'm reeling a bit. Still, Rice is going to do very good things with that program, particularly in such a good recruiting area. And that assistant, Cox I think? He's great for recruiting too. Big part of that staff. Seems like every recruit who comes in mentions him.
      Yeah the coaching staff we have is really good as well. Cox and Van Macon are excellent recruiters. I forget if it's Cox or Macon but whoever it is owns the D.C. area which is big. They have a connection with D.C. Assault which is why we're getting a lot of players from that AAU team. Throw in a coaching legend's son in Martelli and we have some firepower on the staff.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
        Yeah the coaching staff we have is really good as well. Cox and Van Macon are excellent recruiters. I forget if it's Cox or Macon but whoever it is owns the D.C. area which is big. They have a connection with D.C. Assault which is why we're getting a lot of players from that AAU team. Throw in a coaching legend's son in Martelli and we have some firepower on the staff.
        Yeah it's Cox who owns the DC area...next year's recruiting will be interesting. Rice and the staff had a much easier time this past year, easier to sell guys on getting the opportunity to play significant minutes for a good coach in a great conference when there's not as much talent as there will be on next year's team.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
          Yeah it's Cox who owns the DC area...next year's recruiting will be interesting. Rice and the staff had a much easier time this past year, easier to sell guys on getting the opportunity to play significant minutes for a good coach in a great conference when there's not as much talent as there will be on next year's team.
          Very true. I'm glad we already have Goodman locked up for 2012. It's not going to happen but Graham's little brother is a star in the making as well but I think he's a Kentucky lock.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6198610

How tragic for you Perry.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
            2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
            2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Color me shocked.....

Only somewhat related but Baylor was a ridiculous disappointment this year. I can't think of a more talented team that's not going to make the tourney.

Comment

• Haha yeah that is part of the reason I still have tiny issues with the tournament, but in a sense.. you need to play all of your games hard. Baylor has NBA players.. haha that is just me though. Them and MSU should go, they are more of a threat than probably 5-10 teams that will end up in the tourney.
                Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                Coples is that dude.
                Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                  Color me shocked.....

Only somewhat related but Baylor was a ridiculous disappointment this year. I can't think of a more talented team that's not going to make the tourney.
                  In related news, even the Miami Heat will not make the NCAA tournament.
                  **** her in da *****!

Comment

• we better get our ******* acts together in the 2nd half

Comment

• Kemba freakin Walker!!!

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                      2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                      2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Cardiac Kemba? What the hell kind of name is that to call Kemba? Whatever, nice shot to end it despite being pretty meh overall throughout the game.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Kemba!

That was the most exaggerated stepback ever. I still think he's overrated though.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                            Kemba!

That was the most exaggerated stepback ever. I still think he's overrated though.
                            Overrated? In what sense?

This is Kemba Walker:

-23+ points per game
                            -Best rebounder, pound for pound, in the nation
                            -Best player in the nation on the fast break. Most explosive and quickest player.
                            -Carried the team to the Maui title
                            -Has won 3-4 games with clutch shots
                            -Plays 40 minutes of aggressive, physical, tough basketball every night

Most importantly, he's a leader that makes everyone around him better and he carries himself well.

In the middle of the season he struggled as a shooter because he refused to penetrate and took himself out of the game offensively. In this tournament he's attacked and broken down the defense time and time again, and although he misses a lot of pull-ups and tough layups, he gives his teammates opportunities to crash the boards. Oriakhi is not a good scorer or offensive rebounder yet Kemba gave him the chance to be DeJuan Blair today.

Anyways I still can hardly breathe.....what a game, what a shot. I called it yesterday when I said it would be a classic ;). Screw the haters.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
                              Overrated? In what sense?

This is Kemba Walker:

-23+ points per game
                              -Best rebounder, pound for pound, in the nation
                              -Best player in the nation on the fast break. Most explosive and quickest player.
                              -Carried the team to the Maui title
                              -Has won 3-4 games with clutch shots
                              -Plays 40 minutes of aggressive, physical, tough basketball every night

Most importantly, he's a leader that makes everyone around him better and he carries himself well.

In the middle of the season he struggled as a shooter because he refused to penetrate and took himself out of the game offensively. In this tournament he's attacked and broken down the defense time and time again, and although he misses a lot of pull-ups and tough layups, he gives his teammates opportunities to crash the boards. Oriakhi is not a good scorer or offensive rebounder yet Kemba gave him the chance to be DeJuan Blair today.

Anyways I still can hardly breathe.....what a game, what a shot. I called it yesterday when I said it would be a classic ;). Screw the haters.

I didn't say he wasn't good, just overrated. He doesn't score that efficiently and has a tendency to take his teammates out of the game.

Comment

• Wow, Virginia blew a 10 point lead to Miami in the final minute and UVA ended up losing in OT. What a choke job.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information