No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right now I've got Ohio St., Texas, Kansas, and Florida. I don't feel great about Ohio St. or Florida though those could change.

Comment

• Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, Pittsburgh are my final 4.

I can't even give Kansas State a win over Utah State who is a lot better than their seeding suggests.

Oh, and I know I can't keep UNC in the final 4... freshman point guard = early exits. I know. I just couldn't see a loss until then. Ohio State won't matchup well.
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

• I am hoping Georgia beats UW, they could give us problems.. tbh

Texas is 4? I think they are a better team than us.. they did beat us earliar in the season.

Wanted to pick Clemson (if they win) over WVU, but I don't know.. might come down to coaching. Still filling mine out, biggest upset I got so far.. which isn't one really is Marquette (11) over Xavier (6)

Edit- is there anyway.. Nova can matchup with OSU if they win first round?
        Last edited by thenewfeature06; 03-14-2011, 12:27 PM.
        Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
        Coples is that dude.
        Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• In all honesty I see Washington beating UNC. I am just hesitant of a frosh PG and the complete lack of depth behind him.

Right now I have Ohio St, ND, Duke and Pitt in the my final four. I kind of think Texas is gonna pull the upset on Duke, but my vision is clouded by all teh Canadian sexiness on their team

I'm putting a lot of weight on the Pomeroy rankings as they seem to have a pretty good track record
          Last edited by Chucky; 03-14-2011, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• As good as we have been playing.. not having alot of expierence could hurt.

I wouldn't be too too surprised if we lost to them, really never get a chance to watch them but they always have a dangerous squad. I think Kendall is ready for this moment though, we'll see.
            Coples is that dude.

Comment

• Washington plays so little defense it's embarrassing. I have Georgia beating them.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                Washington plays so little defense it's embarrassing. I have Georgia beating them.
                Georgia just isn't a good team....at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                  Georgia just isn't a good team....at all.

Meh. They have talent. Trey Thompkins and Travis Leslie are both going to be drafted and Dustin Ware is a very good outside shooter and is one of the best A/TO guys in the country. In all honesty they should have been better this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
                    As good as we have been playing.. not having alot of expierence could hurt.
                    Carolina lacks experience at the point and they play bad defense (it's too soft). Then again, Harrison Barnes could just go off for 40 or something.

---

My biggest problem with some teams is depth. That 4th game of the NCAA tournament is where you start to see tired legs in the 4th quarter. Teams start bricking jumpers and can't attack the basket all of the sudden. Deep teams can run them dog tired and close gaps to win games late in the tournament. That's why I am avoiding tOSU.

edit: And BYU and Notre Dame.
                    **** her in da *****!

Comment

• I hope SD St. takes it all.

Kentucky is horribly overrated. Maybe Duke too.

Comment

• OSU also lacks expierence at the point..

Not gonna lie, my bracket is insanely questionable.
                        Coples is that dude.

Comment

I am hoping Georgia beats UW, they could give us problems.. tbh

Texas is 4? I think they are a better team than us.. they did beat us earliar in the season.

Wanted to pick Clemson (if they win) over WVU, but I don't know.. might come down to coaching. Still filling mine out, biggest upset I got so far.. which isn't one really is Marquette (11) over Xavier (6)

Edit- is there anyway.. Nova can matchup with OSU if they win first round?
                          Barring a MONUMENTAL turnaround, no. They've got the talent, but don't play well as a team at all and are ice cold right now. I'd be very surprised if 'Nova gets out of the first round, completely shocked if we did anything more than that.

Comment

• That is why I asked.. they have the talent/expierence.. will they turn it around? Hard to say yea. They could lose to G Mason if they don't get it together.
                            Coples is that dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
                              Carolina lacks experience at the point and they play bad defense (it's too soft). Then again, Harrison Barnes could just go off for 40 or something.

---

My biggest problem with some teams is depth. That 4th game of the NCAA tournament is where you start to see tired legs in the 4th quarter. Teams start bricking jumpers and can't attack the basket all of the sudden. Deep teams can run them dog tired and close gaps to win games late in the tournament. That's why I am avoiding tOSU.

edit: And BYU and Notre Dame.
                              So who do you have coming out of the East bracket? Syracuse?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                              WHO DAT!

Comment

That is why I asked.. they have the talent/expierence.. will they turn it around? Hard to say yea. They could lose to G Mason if they don't get it together.
                                I don't think they will, something's just wrong with the team chemistry. Two point guards who can't play together, both of whom I think want to play in the NBA. A lot of overrated recruits too, and Jay Wright hasn't been tremendous in terms of coaching style either this year. If they get back to how they were playing in the beginning of the season and get out and run maybe they can beat George Mason, but Mason's a higher seed for a reason. It'd definitely be an upset if 'Nova won.

FWIW (not much) I think I'm going with Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, and Pitt in the Final Four. Kansas is my personal favorite in the tourney so I had to put them in. Went with Kentucky because that region is brutal and I think somebody's going to get OSU, don't trust UNC with their young PG and don't like 'Cuse, plus UK is hot right now. I'd kind of like to go with SDSU or UConn in Duke's region but I haven't seen enough of San Diego St. to be comfortable picking them and BE Tourney winners tend to be overrated and flame out come NCAA tournament time and I think somebody's going to be able to beat the Huskies. Then Pitt's got the easiest road to the Final Four IMO, can't take K-State or Wisconsin to the Final Four since I'm not sure either will get out of the first round, don't really like Florida or BYU either. Of course this will all end up terribly wrong, but that's my take.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information