No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't fill out brackets, but I think it will be Kansas-Ohio State as well.

That being said, I think the third best team in the bracket is Kentucky, followed by Duke and UNC. Ohio State got an awful draw.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
      Eh, I can't seem to get away from Duke v Kansas no matter how much I hate Duke and how little I trust Kansas.
      This is exactly where I am (on the hating Duke and not trusting Kansas too). I just think the East region is absolutely brutal so I have a hard time taking OSU to win it all or be in the championship game. I think brackets are going to be absolutely wild this year. Pitt isn't a bad team to take to be in the championship game either given their bracket is probably the weakest of all of the #1 seeds...but they're also arguably the weakest of the #1 seeds as well.

Not sure how much I trust Duke/UNC too because the ACC was weak this year...so that'll be interesting to follow too.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
        quick, someone talk me out of an osu, ku final. i hate it, but i can't seem to end up with anything else.
        I thought the same thing myself. You aren't going to like my attempt...

Pitt will get hot and stifle KU. Then it'll be OSU over Pitt for the title.
        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• my elite 8:
          ohio st.
          syracuse
          texas
          san diego st.
          kansas
          purdue
          kansas st.
          florida

with a OSU, SDSU, Kansas, UF Final 4

Comment

• Anyone else think MSU can take out Florida in the second round?

Sig by Me

Comment

• I have that they are...

Comment

• I have PSU going all the way? Why? Because I never thought i'd actually be able to do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
                  Anyone else think MSU can take out Florida in the second round?
                  Yes sir. (10)
                  Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                  Coples is that dude.
                  Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Can anyone give me their thoughts on a potential wash-UNC and then wash-cuse games? I just wash is really underrated as a 7

Comment

• Washington is underrated at 7. They seem to always fly under the radar, Isiah Thomas can ball, (Lor)Renzo Romar is a money coach and they got other players who can ball, not even looking forward to it.

O and Chuck I can't really figure out Cuse'. They have potential to win a title but are in a stacked bracket.
                      Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                      Coples is that dude.
                      Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Funny thing is even though they've been flamed for getting in, if UAB and VCU can win their play in games, West Virginia and Georgetown are extremely winnable games. Especially VCU vs Georgetown. Gtown has been awful since Wright went down and this will be his first game back so that's questionable. Also VCU's biggest weakness is size, but Gtown has zero inside threats. All their points come from 3 guys not to mention VCU is the best pressing team in the nation. I'd be more worried if I was G'town to play VCU than USC Because VCU is so strong in the backcourt.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Did you just call us the best pressing team in the nation? I've seen our press get broken down countless times especially those last two home games vs ODU & Mason. I just hope we can get past the Trojans to silence some critics.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                          2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                          2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• alright got a couple questions:

-George Mason or Villanova (i have nova right now)
                            - UNLV or Illinois (this seems like a tossup)
                            - Georgetown or VCU (i want to put vcu just because i love the upset but...)
                            - UCLA or Michigan St. (i have UCLA although MSU looks like the better team)
                            - Wisconsin or Belmont (if Wisconsin wins, id have them losing to K State, but i think Belmont can do it)

Comment

• Have people watched Michigan State this year or are they just thinking about Izzo's track record in the tournament? They aren't very good this year and are definitely over-seeded as a 10, as were a couple other Big Ten teams (Michigan and Penn State). The Spartans are 3-10 against tournament teams that are an 8-seed or higher this year. Sure they looked really good against Purdue, but then they got blown out by Penn State the next day (who was a borderline tournament team before that win). They have looked good at times, but they've been bad far more often. I could see them beating UCLA, but I would be shocked if they beat Florida too.

Comment

• -George Mason or Villanova (i have nova right now)

I know recent success isn't always an indicator of how a team will play in the tournament, but Villanova can't do anything right at the moment it seems. I think this could go either way, but I have a hard time picking Villanova to beat anyone right now.

- UNLV or Illinois (this seems like a tossup)

It pretty much is. Neither team is going to beat Kansas, so you shouldn't worry if you get it wrong.

- Georgetown or VCU (i want to put vcu just because i love the upset but...)

I'd lean Georgetown, but either team could win. I don't think either team is going to beat Purdue so, like the previous game, it shouldn't significantly affect your bracket.

- UCLA or Michigan St. (i have UCLA although MSU looks like the better team)

I'm not impressed with UCLA, but Michigan State has been bad far more than they have been good this year. The good Spartans might show up one more time this season. I have UCLA, but it could go either way.

- Wisconsin or Belmont (if Wisconsin wins, id have them losing to K State, but i think Belmont can do it)

Wisconsin is being underrated and Belmont overrated right now. Belmont has beaten NO ONE of significance this year. There best win is probably Alabama State or Miami (OH). I'm not kidding either. Wisconsin had a rough final two games, but they are still really good.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information