No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In my pool I am doing one straight KenPom bracket and then with some more risks in it, including Texas winning it and Kentucky in the Final Four

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
      In my pool I am doing one straight KenPom bracket and then with some more risks in it, including Texas winning it and Kentucky in the Final Four
      Kenpom has Texas rated highly, I know that. It's part of the reason I like them...
      "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Lame, Bracket of Integrity man.

Comment

• Well, I'm not passing off the KenPom bracket as my own. Just a calculated risk and hopefully it pays off.

Comment

• I'm still gonna stick by my guns and say that Texas beats Duke, although I'm a whole lot less confident with Kyrie coming back.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
            WHO DAT!

Comment

• Well I have Texas losing first round....

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• irving returning makes it interesting, but there's a lot of things we don't know, like how rusty he'll be, how it'll effect the team's chemistry (Coach K said he changed the team's on the court philosophy after Kyrie got hurt, does he change it again after winning a conference tournament without him? doubtful). I'm sticking to UConn winning that region in my bracket. Duke probably should win that region even without Irving anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                  irving returning makes it interesting, but there's a lot of things we don't know, like how rusty he'll be, how it'll effect the team's chemistry (Coach K said he changed the team's on the court philosophy after Kyrie got hurt, does he change it again after winning a conference tournament without him? doubtful). I'm sticking to UConn winning that region in my bracket. Duke probably should win that region even without Irving anyway.
                  Well from what I've been reading and hearing it would appear that Kyrie has not missed a beat. He may be a bit slower since he has not played in months but his jumpshot is still pretty legit. His basketball IQ is even higher since he had all that time to sit back and digest games. If he can get back up to full speed by the second or third round then I see no reason why we can't repeat. You really think chemistry is gonna be an issue? From the people who have seen him practice that is the least of their worries.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                  2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                  2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                    Well, I'm not passing off the KenPom bracket as my own. Just a calculated risk and hopefully it pays off.
                    I had fun doing a KenPom bracket in a pool that gives bonus points for first round upsets...not sure I'll submit it, but his regular bracket is pretty vanilla so that was a bit more interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
                      Well from what I've been reading and hearing it would appear that Kyrie has not missed a beat. He may be a bit slower since he has not played in months but his jumpshot is still pretty legit. His basketball IQ is even higher since he had all that time to sit back and digest games. If he can get back up to full speed by the second or third round then I see no reason why we can't repeat. You really think chemistry is gonna be an issue? From the people who have seen him practice that is the least of their worries.
                      well I mean people are acting like it's gonna be the same Irving that put up 31 against Michigan State. This is a pretty serious injury he's returning from. Look at how Kalin Lucas struggled to return to form after his injury. I'm not discounting it, but I think people shouldn't be so quick to assume it's gonna be the same player after that long of a layoff, from a conditioning standpoint let alone anything else.

Comment

• Oh of course not my friend. The rust is going to be there. That would take some kind of super athlete to be back at 100% like that. If it's obvious that Kyrie playing will cause more harm then help then K will be shutting him down for good. Just having him as another option though will be quite beneficial. He won't need to be scoring 30 a night if Nolan, Singler, Curry etc. are getting theres as well.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                        2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                        2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/201...to-jalen-rose/

Grant Hill > Jalen Rose
                          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• First of all, I can't believe how badly that comment was taken out of context. If anyone actually watched the documentary, Jalen was talking about how he felt AT THE TIME. Now he hasn't completely backed off his stance today, but how wrong is he? Listen to his interview on First Take. How many poor inner-city black kids has Duke recruited over the past 20-30 years? Rose stated in that interview that he understands it wasn't an issue of racism, just that Duke goes after a certain type of player. He basically suggested that Duke is just going after lower-risk kids from private schools. Grant Hill, Shane Battier, Elton Brand, Kyrie Irving, Jay Williams, and Luol Deng all grew up in affluent areas and/or went to private schools. When Jalen was 17, 18, 19 years old he didn't the resources to form an educated opinion.

My issue with that Hill blog is the assertion that Jalen STILL believes that black kids that went Duke "sold out their race." He was asked that by Skip Bayless and flat out said "no."

Comment

• Round of 64 Picks:

Kentucky -13.5
                              Michigan State -1.5
                              Richmond +3
                              Louisville -9.5
                              Wofford +8.5
                              St. Johns -1.5
                              Temple -2.5
                              Utah State +2.5
                              Wisconsin -5
                              Villanova -1