Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I finished my bracket 2 days ago, and everyday since I seem less confident that St John's can make it to the elite 8. I have them upsetting BYU that I am going to stick with because I dont see BYU going far unless Jimmer is playing outstanding(40 point games), and St John's is too athletic for a BYU team that has only 2 or 3 quality wins over quality opponents. So I have them against Florida in the elite 8 who I dont like at all.


    "Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

    Comment


    • I have no idea what to do with the South East. I have the first round down, and most of the second, but after that I'm lost. I do not like putting Pitt in the Final Four. I had St. John's for a while, but my confidence with them has disappeared, and I now have BYU beating them round 2. BYU would be the easy choice with Davies, but I don't think they can make it that far without him. So it usually comes down to Florida and Wisconsin, neither of which I feel great about either.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
        I finished my bracket 2 days ago, and everyday since I seem less confident that St John's can make it to the elite 8. I have them upsetting BYU that I am going to stick with because I dont see BYU going far unless Jimmer is playing outstanding(40 point games), and St John's is too athletic for a BYU team that has only 2 or 3 quality wins over quality opponents. So I have them against Florida in the elite 8 who I dont like at all.
        They'd be playing Florida to get to the Elite Eight right? Also worth remembering that DJ Kennedy, pretty important player for St. Johns, is out for the year with a torn ACL.

        Comment


        • I still don't understand why play-in games are featuring automatic qualifiers. I know that most times the teams are probably worse than most at large teams, but doesn't that technically defeat the purpose of automatically qualifying?

          At least with the expansion they now had teams like Clemson, UAB, VCU, and USC, but I still think if teams win their tournament they shouldn't have to play in a play-in game. Play-in games should be for at large bids fighting to get in, not teams that already qualified.

          /rant.

          Comment


          • And that St. John's was pretty damn dependent on the home court advantage throughout the year. Seriously some of their road games were never even games. I have Gonzaga beating them.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
              I still don't understand why play-in games are featuring automatic qualifiers. I know that most times the teams are probably worse than most at large teams, but doesn't that technically defeat the purpose of automatically qualifying?

              At least with the expansion they now had teams like Clemson, UAB, VCU, and USC, but I still think if teams win their tournament they shouldn't have to play in a play-in game. Play-in games should be for at large bids fighting to get in, not teams that already qualified.

              /rant.

              100% agree. The reward for winning your conference tournament should be a birth in the tourney, not another game to tire you out more before getting slaughtered by a 1 seed.

              Comment


              • Blame the committee for that blunder like always. Can't wait to watch my VCU Rams play tonight. Trying to rage tonight in Richmond if we win.

                #4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                2015 2K Classic Champions


                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

                Comment


                • UTSA looks dominant so far.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                    100% agree. The reward for winning your conference tournament should be a birth in the tourney, not another game to tire you out more before getting slaughtered by a 1 seed.
                    Yea, I mean a great majority of the time most of these small schools are often worse than the at larges, but then give them the 14, 15, 16 seed. The at large teams should be the "last 8" or "last 4 in", and should have to play eachother for like the 13 or 12 seed, and then have to turn around and play their next game.

                    The auto qualifiers earned their place, an at large team didn't and should have to earn it by playing in. Sigh...

                    Comment


                    • It's being reported that Bruce Pearl is out as head coach of Tennessee. As an LSU fan I'll take him down in Baton Rouge in a heartbeat.

                      Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

                      Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                        I finished my bracket 2 days ago, and everyday since I seem less confident that St John's can make it to the elite 8. I have them upsetting BYU that I am going to stick with because I dont see BYU going far unless Jimmer is playing outstanding(40 point games), and St John's is too athletic for a BYU team that has only 2 or 3 quality wins over quality opponents. So I have them against Florida in the elite 8 who I dont like at all.
                        Wofford over BYU allllll day.

                        The Southeast Region is sooo bad. I don't like a single team in it. Not one.

                        Bonekrusher.

                        Originally posted by JordanTaber
                        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

                        Comment


                        • I really wish Syracuse or UNC were in the Southeast instead. They'd easily be my pick no matter where they were seeded.

                          Comment


                          • People can hate on them all day but VCU is such a scrappy team. They make you play their ugly fast paced game. Honestly even though USC is a better team I think G'town would rather play USC. Georgetown is so efficient in the half court and have the bodies to play down low. VCU however would force them to speed things up and G'town struggles mightily when they can't control the pace of the game. They start chucking up 3's and playing lazy defense.

                            Sig By:The Dynasty

                            2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                            Comment


                            • What a display we are seeing here from two teams that have no damn business being here.
                              I would rather see VCU win this one.

                              Comment


                              • USC is the better team, neither one stands a chance against Georgetown with Wright back.

                                At least USC runs some semblance of an organized offense. VCU plays like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off. I'm impressed with the Skeen guy though, smooth athlete for his size.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information