No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what? An SEC title is way better than a CAA title.

Comment

• http://benmaller.com/2011/03/source-...ba-head-coach/

Lawrence Frank is the lead candidate for the Tennessee vacancy

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
        http://benmaller.com/2011/03/source-...ba-head-coach/

Lawrence Frank is the lead candidate for the Tennessee vacancy
        Yes! Please give me the pleasure of watching Lawrence Frank run that program into the ground

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
          Jim Larranaga is going to be at Mason for life even after big programs were going after his final 4 team, some people just like stability in a small market program, but knowing Shaka's personality and his age it's not likely he'd stick around. Not a huge Capel fan but a huge Anthony Grant fan.
          Shaka is 33 though. Larranaga really built up the GMU program, so by the time they had their big year, he was already an older coach. Shaka didn't have to build the program, he just installed his system that improved an already good team. I mean it's possible that he stays, but most young coaches who become hot commodities don't. He really doesn't have much incentive to stay.

Comment

• i gotta get something off my chest. i'm ******* glad this whole Mike Anderson staying or leaving saga is over! this isn't a new thing. since his elite 8 appearance, he has been the target of multiple job offers. i understand it because he is a good coach and runs a clean program, but at some point you have to have some loyalty. each time Mike was offered a job, the MIZZOU AD did the right thing and gave Mike a raise and an extension. hell, they offered him $2M a year with 2 extra years to stay this time! that's crazy top 10 money for a coach that has had mostly mediocre teams and couldn't beat KU. i really wish that he would have stayed, but if you are going to flirt with every damn job that opens up then don't let the door hit you on the way out. Peace, See Ya and good luck winning a National Title in AR without being able to recruit a big man. '94, they had Corliss Williamson. big men don't wanna play 40 minutes of hell nowadays. [/rant]

Comment

• IM basketball champs! That counts as college basketball, right?

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• I gotta say, its one of the coolest covers of SI I have seen in a long time..

Comment

• Why would Mike Anderson leave Mizzou.. for Arkansas!?

I liked what he was doing for Mizzou, UT should have contacted him.
                  Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                  Coples is that dude.
                  Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
                    Why would Mike Anderson leave Mizzou.. for Arkansas!?

i guess Arkansas is a attractive place. I mean a NFL head coach left his gig for Arkansas..

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

• Of course it is... for football.

At the same Mizzou wasn't a basketball school and he raised that stock when he was there, I think it will be tougher to do in Arkansas.
                      Coples is that dude.

Comment

Of course it is... for football.

At the same Mizzou wasn't a basketball school and he raised that stock when he was there, I think it will be tougher to do in Arkansas.
                        Arkansas won the national championship in 1994 and went back to the finals in '95. They had some great teams under Nolan Richardson.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Yeah I never knew about that but the point is they are and never were a basketball school.
                          Coples is that dude.

Comment

Yeah I never knew about that but the point is they are and never were a basketball school.
                            Arkansas has made the Final Four six times (tied for 10th all time) along with the aforementioned National Championship, which wasn't all that long ago. So that's just false. FWIW, Mizzou has never made the Final Four. And Anderson obviously enjoyed his time at Arkansas, can't really fault him for going back.

Comment

Why would Mike Anderson leave Mizzou.. for Arkansas!?

Its not an out of the blue move. He was there for a VERY long time under Nolan Richardson. In fact, when he left, some of my teammates who are AR fans left with him and supported Mizzou.

I think he's gonna be good here.

Why wouldn't ARK be an attractive coaching place? Jerry Jones builds the football ****.. The Walmart founders build the basketball **** lol

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                                Its not an out of the blue move. He was there for a VERY long time under Nolan Richardson. In fact, when he left, some of my teammates who are AR fans left with him and supported Mizzou.

I think he's gonna be good here.

Why wouldn't ARK be an attractive coaching place? Jerry Jones builds the football ****.. The Walmart founders build the basketball **** lol
                                I think he's a young guy with little perspective. He's the fan of one of the greatest college basketball schools of all time and knows little outside of that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information