College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
    Every1 asking why Butler doesn't move to a bigger confrence like the Big East....here is ur answer.
    I'm not trying to knock what UConn did... but that game is actually a game if Mack and Howard don't brick layups. Howard was a ghost for most of the game.

I'm not saying UConn wasn't the better team, but it's not too bad to play with a team for about 2/3s of the game in spite of having easily the worst game of your season.

Matt Howard had better get a real degree though. He has zero future in basketball as a player.
    **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Howard's a much better version of Brian Scalabrine. He had a terrible game, but so did basically everyone on the court. Funny that the women will score more points than the men.

Really disappointing that Butler didn't come out better. They just couldn't get anything to drop and they hit the panic button with 12 minutes left when they got down by 7.

Comment

• They were never a scoring team to begin with..but yeah 1-24 in the paint is horrid.
        Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
        Coples is that dude.
        Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
          He had a terrible game, but so did basically everyone on the court.
          He scored 17 against VCU but 11 of those were from the free throw line. 6 points from the field for a game is beyond bad. He made up for it by grabbing some boards, but two games in a row he couldn't score from the field.

He's a deep bench warmer at best, which means he will be out of the league in a few years.

---

NC State has hired Mike Gottfried. I just want to know what he was in prison for? (/bad joke)

All in all, I guess it was a good hire considering this isn't a premiere job.
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

• No offense but 50% of Howards points in the tourny came from flailing his arms and getting to the free throw line. In the NBA they don't give you that call unless your a star. He definitely has a great motor and is a decent shooter but in the NBA he's just too small to be effective down low. IMO he's better suited as a decent player in the Europe game.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Connecticut received 30 of 31 first-place votes in the final ESPN/USA Today coaches' poll, released a day after the Huskies defeated Butler to win their third NCAA championship under coach Jim Calhoun.

Ohio State, which was knocked out by eventual regional champion Kentucky in the Sweet 16, received the lone remaining first-place vote.

The 31 Division I coaches voting in the poll are not obligated to vote for the NCAA tournament champion as No. 1 on the final ballot of the season. In a USA Today online report Tuesday, Northern Arizona coach Mike Adras told the newspaper he gave his No. 1 vote to the Buckeyes.

Adras said he also put Kansas No. 2 before voting for UConn third on his ballot.

"I voted for who I thought was the best team in the country based on the entire body of work during the season," Adras told USA Today. "I believe it is Ohio State. I want to congratulate Connecticut for winning the NCAA tournament. They deserved it."

Although the coaches' votes are made public for every other poll, they are not made public for the final poll, according to policy set by the National Association of Basketball Coaches.

Butler, which reached its second straight NCAA final, was ranked No. 2 and led six teams that vaulted from unranked status into the final Top 25. Fellow mid-major Final Four participant Virginia Commonwealth, also unranked when the tournament began, finished No. 6.

Kentucky was ranked third, followed by Kansas and Ohio State. VCU, Duke, North Carolina, Arizona and Florida rounded out the top 10.

While Butler and VCU reached the top 10 following tournament success, a pair of high tournament seeds plunged after disappointing losses.

Pittsburgh, the regular-season Big East champion and a No. 1 seed, fell to No. 12 in the final poll from No. 4 after Butler eliminated the Panthers from the tournament in the third round. San Diego State, formerly No. 5, fell to No. 11 following its Sweet 16 loss to UConn.

St. John's, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, Xavier and Georgetown fell out of the poll, while Florida State, Marquette and Richmond -- all of whom pulled off upsets in the tournament -- ascended into the final Top 25 of the season.
              Hello, Giants vs Patriots [2007] debate. College basketball style.
              **** her in da *****!

Comment

• I am with the Patriots. Hope they will win the game always. :D

Comment

• KU got a commitment from Braedon Anderson

Comment

• So two Florida players get arrested for breaking into a car at 2 am outside of a bar. Florida fans reaction?

I know I'm in the minority, but if the wallet was stolen and was in the car, then they had a moral right to break in to retrieve it. Theoretically, if that was the case, it could have been handled right there on the spot, and the penalty would have gone to the person trying to steal the wallet rather than the person trying to retrieve the stolen property. Never been a big fan of penalizing folks for retrieving something that was stolen from them. It's not like they went all OJ about it. Either way, it's just a possibility. Surprised so many are willing to slam them with that possibility looming.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...his-first-book

Good to see that colleges still care about academics.

Comment

• The expectations next year are through the roof and should be.

Pumped.
                        Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                        Coples is that dude.
                        Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Originally posted by Docta View Post
                          http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...his-first-book

Good to see that colleges still care about academics.
                          Only seven schools have 100% graduation success rates per a recent study...think that's pretty crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                            Only seven schools have 100% graduation success rates per a recent study...think that's pretty crazy.
                            That's also dumb though because it doesn't count transfers which you have plenty of in college athletics.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I know it's not officially passed the day of no return, but Harrison Barnes says he's returning :D
                              **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                                That's also dumb though because it doesn't count transfers which you have plenty of in college athletics.
                                Dumb as in an overestimate (doesn't count kids who transfer out of those schools who are at 100%) or an underestimate (schools get penalized for having kids transfer out)? These rates count a student who transferred in good academic standing and graduated at the new school as a graduate at the first school, which I think is fair. Different formula than the Federal Graduation Rate formula (this formula also counts JUCO kids who transfer into 4 year schools and graduate as graduates at that school and students who go back and returns and graduates more than 6 years after enrollment). Numbers are from a little while ago though, I guess to account for later graduates and things along those lines.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information