No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well how is it fair? If anything it should count for both schools. Why should say Nova be penalized for recruiting a JUCO who then graduates from Villanova. Nova is the better school.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      Well how is it fair? If anything it should count for both schools. Why should say Nova be penalized for recruiting a JUCO who then graduates from Villanova. Nova is the better school.
      I guess what I was saying is this statistic essentially does count it for both schools. If a school recruits a JUCO who then graduates from their school, that counts as a graduate. If someone transfers from Rutgers to Miami, is in good standing when they transfer from Rutgers, and graduates from Miami I believe that counts as a graduate for both but it definitely counts as a graduate for Rutgers. More or less they don't penalize schools for little things like that, provided the school shouldn't be penalized (if a student transfers in bad academic standing or doesn't graduate at the new school, then I could see not counting them).

I guess the only thing that would be unfair is if a school brings in a non-JUCO transfer who then graduates, and the formula only counts the student as a graduate for the first college. Then again the student probably wouldn't be counted as a non-graduate at the second, and I'm not necessarily sure that the student wouldn't be counted as a graduate at the second school anyway. That was the thing that came across most unclear to me, but I'm sure they have a pretty good reason for however they do it. Seems like a decent formula to me.
      Last edited by derza222; 04-19-2011, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Doron Lamb is coming back.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
        2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
        2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Alex Murphy (formerly a 2012 5* SF) will be coming to Duke this coming year as opposed to next year. Just adding to an already stacked class there.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
            Alex Murphy (formerly a 2012 5* SF) will be coming to Duke this coming year as opposed to next year. Just adding to an already stacked class there.
            please lord let this mean DeAndre Daniels to Kansas

Comment

• Duke did that again? What is the deal with that?
              Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
              Coples is that dude.
              Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Can't wait for the OSU-Duke matchup in next season's B1G-ACC jobber.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                  please lord let this mean DeAndre Daniels to Kansas
                  All my sources have been saying Daniels to Duke so we shall see.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                  2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                  2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                    Alex Murphy (formerly a 2012 5* SF) will be coming to Duke this coming year as opposed to next year. Just adding to an already stacked class there.
                    What the **** is this ****? How do you choose when you go to college?

edit: does no one else see a problem with this?
                    **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post

He graduated high school early and still met all the academic requirements to get into Duke so there should be no issue whatsoever

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post

Not at all. If the kid is smart enough to graduate early and wants to, congrats to him. He should be applauded.

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6409458

Laranaga to Miami.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                            I'm shocked considering he has a team coming back which has the talent to make a cindarella run next year, and for the Miami job? Eh I know it's the ACC but he should have waited a different year and looked for a better job. Crazy how the young hot shot Shaka smart stays with a poor roster next year and Larranaga the guy who built the Mason program would leave a roster that returns nearly all key players after having won the CAA this year, making the top 32, and going 27-7. While Miami obviously has more resources and more money to offer he was offered by Mason to be a top 5 paid mid major coach of a base salary of 250k a year plus incentives, I thought that would be enough to keep the guy who's been there for 15 years.
                            Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP; 04-22-2011, 06:14 PM.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                              I'm shocked considering he has a team coming back which has the talent to make a cindarella run next year, and for the Miami job? Eh I know it's the ACC but he should have waited a different year and looked for a better job. Crazy how the young hot shot Shaka smart stays with a poor roster next year and Larranaga the guy who built the Mason program would leave a roster that returns nearly all key players after having won the CAA this year, making the top 32, and going 27-7. While Miami obviously has more resources and more money to offer he was offered by Mason to be a top 5 paid mid major coach of a base salary of 250k a year plus incentives, I thought that would be enough to keep the guy who's been there for 15 years.
                              Back to obscurity in a few years for Larranaga. He had it great at Mason. Can we argue that Mason is a better program than Miami is now?

I am sure Miami has better facilities and could offer more cash, but its not like Miami is going to be going to the NCAA tournament or challenging for the ACC crown. He had that with Mason. Why throw that away? Im confused.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

• Because it's literally doubling his salary. Miami is a ****** basketball program sure but money talks. If the difference in salary is smaller maybe he stays but double the money is hard to pass up.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information