No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definitely the last game for Bruce Weber. I'll never forget that team in 2005. That tourney game against Arizona was ridiculous.

Weber: "Instead of creating toughness and developing a team I coached not to lose all year, and that's really sad"
    Last edited by Docta; 02-15-2012, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• OSU won't make it past the Sweet 16 this year. No three point threat and the point guard won't shoot the ball. And Sullinger doesn't kick it out on double and triple teams.

OTOH, these ****** refs need to start calling the insane amount of beating the kid takes. It's getting a bit ridiculous, even with Sullinger flopping around and over-exaggerating.

Comment

• St. Johns :'(

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
          OTOH, these ****** refs need to start calling the insane amount of beating the kid takes. It's getting a bit ridiculous, even with Sullinger flopping around and over-exaggerating.
          I know how you feel. Thomas Robinson has been called for two of the worst charge calls I've ever seen one of them may have cost us the Mizzou game

Comment

• Tubby Smith signed a contract extension through 2017. He hasn't lived up to expectations, but the Gophers could be real good next year, and it'd be nice if he could retire here.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Jabari Parker's new top 5 is Duke, Stanford, BYU, Florida, and Michigan State. At least 1 of the top prospects is smart.

Comment

• Not sure why he eliminated Duke earliar in the week and then put them back on..

grrrr odd list of schools
                Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                Coples is that dude.
                Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Originally posted by Docta View Post
                  Jabari Parker's new top 5 is Duke, Stanford, BYU, Florida, and Michigan State. At least 1 of the top prospects is smart.
                  BYU? Is there something I'm missing here?

Comment

• Anyone want to let me know who are the best NBA prospects from this HS class?
                    Virginia Tech.
                    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                      Parker's a mormon.

@Bama: Check Rivals.com. If they're one of the top HS prospects, then they're an NBA prospect also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Docta View Post
                        Parker's a mormon.

@Bama: Check Rivals.com. If they're one of the top HS prospects, then they're an NBA prospect also.
                        I appreciate it. It's just hard to guage them by their short little highlight videos on their profile.

Would be cool to see a team get two high lotto picks and get both Harrison twins.
                        Virginia Tech.
                        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by VAfy-ya
                          Thats not entirely accurate. Sure some guys want to win at all cost and want to compete for championships. But this nothing new. Kareem asked to be traded from Milwaukee back in the day for the same reason. Now maybe LBJ, Wade, and Bosh have always wanted to play together but its mostly GMs who are trying piece together the best team possible. It's always been hard for smaller markets to keep their stars. Even in the 70's and 80's this was true.
                          Can't argue with you there, but I guess I just grew up in the 90s, where it felt like the stars were spread out a bit more and it didn't feel like such a buddy buddy league, but rather that you needed to beat the best in order to be the best (rather than the 'if you can't be them, join them' attitude that I feel seems prevalent today). It's also not that players are demanding to be traded, its that they have a very select few placed they'd like to be traded to, which not only makes the rich richer, but also holds the franchise hostage a bit and doesn't allow them to necessarily get the best offer they can. I also honestly feel like the idea of a max contract has urged this on in the sense that the top players aren't getting paid nearly as much as they are worth. Clearly players like Lebron could fetch a lot more on the open market, but the establishment of a max deal allows teams to afford multiple superstars, rather than making them budget around one. Just my personal opinion.

Sorry this is very off topic in this thread now.

Comment

• To steer things back on topic, what does everyone think will happen with Shabazz and Kyle Anderson over at UCLA? Think they will get cleared by the season opener?

Comment

• Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
                              Not sure why he eliminated Duke earliar in the week and then put them back on..

Lol Parker never dropped Duke.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                              2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                              2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
                                Not sure why he eliminated Duke earliar in the week and then put them back on..

Are you thinking of Randle? Parker didn't drop Duke, they'll probably be a serious player in his recruitment the whole way through.

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                                Like Docta said, he's a Mormon. Don't think anybody but he and his family know how legitimate an option BYU is, but they seem to be the big dark horse in his recruitment. Consensus has Michigan State and Duke as the two most likely landing spots.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information