No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The moral of the story is that you will probably lose to Iowa because we are awesome and beat South Dakota by 20. GO IOWA AWESOME!

Comment

• Originally posted by BallerT1215
      DePaul should be a top 20 team every year with the talent that is in Chicago.

I understand some kids probably want to get out of Chicago and away from trouble, but they should be able to pull enough kids every year from the city.
      They go to Illinois.

Comment

• Robert Upshaw got kicked off Fresno State. He was way overrated coming out of high school. He shot 36% from the field, and he's a center.

Comment

• Originally posted by ph90702 View Post
          They go to Illinois.
          No, they don't.

The problem with Depaul is that they have been so terrible for a while now, that the bigger programs have made roads into Chicago to recruit the top players. Depaul used to have a very respectable program and would pull in some top Chicago players, but have since just completely hit rock bottom.

I really doubt we will ever see a true team from Chicago lock down top Chicago players, especially now that Depaul will basically no longer be in a top conference competing with top teams. Too many top players have already left for other elite programs that there is little to no attachment any players have for playing for the "hometown" school.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
            No, they don't.

The problem with Depaul is that they have been so terrible for a while now, that the bigger programs have made roads into Chicago to recruit the top players. Depaul used to have a very respectable program and would pull in some top Chicago players, but have since just completely hit rock bottom.

I really doubt we will ever see a true team from Chicago lock down top Chicago players, especially now that Depaul will basically no longer be in a top conference competing with top teams. Too many top players have already left for other elite programs that there is little to no attachment any players have for playing for the "hometown" school.
            To say the Big East isn't a top conference is laughable. They could get as many as seven teams in the NCAA Tournament next year.

Comment

To say the Big East isn't a top conference is laughable. They could get as many as seven teams in the NCAA Tournament next year.
              Going forward they will absolutely not be a top conference unless things change. I'm not saying they won't be good, but they are not going to be the Big East of old and I would guess won't ever be considered a top 3 conference.

And I would bet a large sum of money that 7 of their 10 teams do not make the tournament. Hell, only 5 of them made it this past year and that's with 2 of them playing in average at best conferences (albeit, both deserved to make it anyway). Granted, Xavier usually makes it but what 7 teams do you see coming out of that conference this year? St. John's? Providence?

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                Going forward they will absolutely not be a top conference unless things change. I'm not saying they won't be good, but they are not going to be the Big East of old and I would guess won't ever be considered a top 3 conference.

And I would bet a large sum of money that 7 of their 10 teams do not make the tournament. Hell, only 5 of them made it this past year and that's with 2 of them playing in average at best conferences (albeit, both deserved to make it anyway). Granted, Xavier usually makes it but what 7 teams do you see coming out of that conference this year? St. John's? Providence?
                Potentially everyone but DePaul, Seton Hall, and Providence.

Comment

• Originally posted by ncst8fan83
                  Shaka is going nowhere until Coach K retires.
                  Duke will probably hire one of its own.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                  2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                  2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Savon Goodman has left UNLV.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
                      Duke will probably hire one of its own.
                      LOL Over Shaka? Why? Do they want to return to irrelevance? Who else would they hire? Johnny Dawkins? Chris Collins? Tommy Amaker? Wojo?

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
                      Titty sprinkles

Comment

• I just have a feeling they would do something goofy like that lol. "Keep it in the family." Obviously I'd love to land Shaka or Donovan personally.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                        2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                        2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Originally posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
                          LOL Over Shaka? Why? Do they want to return to irrelevance? Who else would they hire? Johnny Dawkins? Chris Collins? Tommy Amaker? Wojo?
                          When was Duke ever irrelevant?

Comment

When was Duke ever irrelevant?

Are you serious?

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                              Are you serious?
                              Duke is a national power.

Comment

• I didn't say they weren't.

They were irrelevant before Coach K.