College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
    It's kind of hard to perform when you have a different starting lineup every game and you don't have enough players to practice.

We're extemely fortunate to be 21-10. And as I said, our depth has really helped us this year to keep this thing afload, and Weber has done an amazing job in keeping these guys focused.

How did we perform poorly? We're 21-10, 9-7 in conference with what we've been through. We weren't ranked, so we had no expectations. I'd say it's been a damn good year for us and we'll be making some noise in the tourney if we can get in, which I think we will.

Just think if Duke had lost Paulus, McRoberts, Nelson, Scheyer, and McClure this season for a period of time. They wouldn't have near as good a record as they have right now.
    No offense man but Illinois dosen't have players that compare with Paulus, McRoberts, Nelson, and Scheyer.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
      Last time I checked teams that are " not good" arn't ranked in the top 25.
      Unless your name is Duke...

So you're saying if you aren't in the top 25 you aren't a good team? Really...Hmmm considering the NCAA is about 40 to 50 teams deep this year I'd have to disagree. The top 25 is a skewed system and I don't put too much stock into it. I look at records, key wins, key losses, and how a team is playing, not the rankings.

Also, I don't care about SOS and RPI. I watch a team play and I grade them that way. And I've watched Duke play many a time this year and they just are not a very good team. My only off prediction this year was IU being a bad ball club, but ask cards and he'd tell you they sucked ass in non-conference.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Unless your name is Duke...

So you're saying if you aren't in the top 25 you aren't a good team? Really...Hmmm considering the NCAA is about 40 to 50 teams deep this year I'd have to disagree. The top 25 is a skewed system and I don't put too much stock into it. I look at records, key wins, key losses, and how a team is playing, not the rankings.

Also, I don't care about SOS and RPI. I watch a team play and I grade them that way. And I've watched Duke play many a time this year and they just are not a very good team. My only off prediction this year was IU being a bad ball club, but ask cards and he'd tell you they sucked ass in non-conference.

You don't care about SOS AND RPI? So you honestly think teams like S. illinois, Nevada, and Butler are top tier like Kansas, UCLA, and UNC? It's sooo difficult to grade a team when you watch them play missouri vally team and WAC teams. SOS and RPI are one of the most important tools when ranking college basketball. If you don't use them it's hard to sererate the Good teams from the mediocre teams that play cupcakes.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
        they get smoked.

Comment

No offense man but Illinois dosen't have players that compare with Paulus, McRoberts, Nelson, and Scheyer.

Of that group Scheyer is probably the only decent player. Paulus is a hot head and a poor point guard, definitely not in the mold of a Wojo or Hurley. McRoberts is soft and disappears way too often in games and tries to much to play like a point guard as opposed to a forward/center.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

You don't care about SOS AND RPI? So you honestly think teams like S. illinois, Nevada, and Butler are top tier like Kansas, UCLA, and UNC? It's sooo difficult to grade a team when you watch them play missouri vally team and WAC teams. SOS and RPI are one of the most important tools when ranking college basketball. If you don't use them it's hard to sererate the Good teams from the mediocre teams that play cupcakes.
            I can tell by watching a team if they a top tier team, I don't need SOS to do so. And no Southern is not in the league as Ohio State. A blind man could tell you that.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
              Of that group Scheyer is probably the only decent player. Paulus is a hot head and a poor point guard, definitely not in the mold of a Wojo or Hurley. McRoberts is soft and disappears way too often in games and tries to much to play like a point guard as opposed to a forward/center.

oh my Favre. I'm not even going to respond to this one...

they get smoked.

Comment

I can tell by watching a team if they a top tier team, I don't need SOS to do so. And no Southern is not in the league as Ohio State. A blind man could tell you that.
                Well Southern would look elite if they were playing South Dakota State type teams all year round.

they get smoked.

Comment

• Yeah I know Scheyer isn't good.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• DID anyone find out when signing day it yet? I cannot find it anywhere..

they get smoked.

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankingsindex

Wisconsin up a bit to 3/4 and Memphis moves into the top 5.

Comment

• IU got a vote? Ha.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

DID anyone find out when signing day it yet? I cannot find it anywhere..

i believe it is sometime in April.

Comment

• Ghetto who ya got tonight?

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                              i believe it is sometime in April.
                              OK, good to know.

they get smoked.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                                Ghetto who ya got tonight?
                                Mason is gonna win it for the tourney birth.

they get smoked.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information