College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
    It's more of a Duke and Illinois thread, because neither of them will drop it.
    I wish PalmerToCJ would drop by here more often........

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
      I get the feeling that this is more of an acc and big ten thread.
      Let's talk CAA, VCU!!!

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Big East?

Georgetown all the way!!!!!!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
          Big East?

Georgetown all the way!!!!!!
          Georgetown for the Title, Nova sure gave them a great game, Scottie Reynolds is a pimp. Oh yeah just in case anyone wondered of what I remember Jeff Green won big east player of the year, Scottie big east freshman of the year, and in a sort of upset Jamon Gordon won ACC defensive player of the year over DJ Strawberry.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• wow walker from Penn State can shoot the ball. Penn State's giving them a game lets go Lions!

Comment

• What a game b/w Illinois and PSU. I thought this game was a bunch better than the MSU game b/c it was well played on both sides. I thought the other games were just really ugly. And this is why nothing is guaranteed no matter who you play.

Walker was en fuego tonight, good god. Set a Big 10 Tourney record today with I think 7 threes. Jesus christ man.

PSU is a sleeper team. Take into account that they should have beaten OSU at home last month and they just knocked off Iowa, who is the 4th seed in our tournament. This was far from a push over game, and I knew it coming in. How they were this bad in conference I don't know but they've got some players man. I predicted a 5 point win to myself before the game started, and we won by 6, not too shabby.

Rich McBride needs to be benched. He's just pathetic. He can't make an open shot to save his life, he takes really bad shots, and he has too many dumb mistakes.

Chester Frazier = MVP. Awesome game by Chet. His shot has come a long way from last year and if he can get it to be more consistent, he'll be one of the best PG's in the Big 10 next year. You ready for this cards? Illinois vs IU Part III...:D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                It's more of a Duke and Illinois thread, because neither of them will drop it.
                It's called a discussion thread. And we have the right to dicuss our two teams. I offered him to PM me but he wants to keep it on here.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                  Tournaments are what matter now buddy.

Illinois should be down by 20 right now, they are lucky they are playing Penn state.
                  Again this goes to show that you have no clue what you are talking about. You see Penn States record and you think they're a pushover. Well they just proved today that they've got some players who can play.

Like I said, PSU should've beaten OSU in Happy Valley and they just knocked off Iowa a week ago. Sure we beat them by 18 when we played them two weeks ago, but I knew coming in that it was going to be a tough game, especially with the way they played their zone.

In the first meeting our bigs dominated. And we didn't have to rely on our outside jumper. This time, they packed in the middle and forced us to make shots from the outside. It was two totally different game plans by them on defense and it was brilliant....Until we started knocking down outside jumpers.

You had better beat NC State by about 10-15 points TT.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
                    I don't. :D
                    Hey, 4 posts in a row! Whoot!

We did play well today, PSU played very well as well. Just a great basketball game to watch.

My one concern though is letting them back in when we got up by 16.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                      Again this goes to show that you have no clue what you are talking about. You see Penn States record and you think they're a pushover. Well they just proved today that they've got some players who can play.

Like I said, PSU should've beaten OSU in Happy Valley and they just knocked off Iowa a week ago. Sure we beat them by 18 when we played them two weeks ago, but I knew coming in that it was going to be a tough game, especially with the way they played their zone.

In the first meeting our bigs dominated. And we didn't have to rely on our outside jumper. This time, they packed in the middle and forced us to make shots from the outside. It was two totally different game plans by them on defense and it was brilliant....Until we started knocking down outside jumpers.

You had better beat NC State by about 10-15 points TT.
                      That comment came from the first 5 minues of the game when they should have been up 20-2.

I have no idea what I'm talking about and your the one who thinks PSU is even respectable?

For the record I think Duke will be lucky to get a win tonight with Henderson out. NCST is no push over despite their record.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                        NCSTATE IS NO PUSH OVER FOR THE RECORD.
                        Gee, didn't I just say the same thing about Penn State about two posts back? That they weren't a push over. My god dude, sometimes I wonder if you even read what I say. PSU has talent, like I mentioned, they hung with OSU and beat Iowa. Claxton is one of the better players in the Big 10, and Walker is one of the better shooters in the Big 10. Cornley is a talented player as well.

That to me shows they are respectable; unlike Minnesota and Northwestern who have no business in Big 10 Basketball right now. And this goes to show that you really have no idea about the Big 10. Despite PSU's record, they have talent, and they are tough to beat.

Oh please, Henderson is good but he's not that good yet. Duke should still win this game even without Gerald. They have Scheyer, Nelson, McRoberts, and Paulus. NC State may be a solid ball club, but you should win this game. This will prove then how good you guys really are. A key player is out, now can you beat a team you should?

Again, have you seen Penn State play this season? They've had their rough patches but when they put it all together, they're dangerous, like they showed today. Steve Lavin said the same thing before the game started that if they start clicking, it could be a very close game.

And I think about 2 pages back when talking to cards I said that it was going to be closer than expected. Hmmm, any correlation to today's game?

Comment

• And yes I realize that I misread your quote about Illinois being down by 20. So you got me there.

Comment

• just a though..

Grandpa Lebron James?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                            they get smoked.

Comment

• Wow! Cal-UCLA in overtime

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                                Gee, didn't I just say the same thing about Penn State about two posts back? That they weren't a push over. My god dude, sometimes I wonder if you even read what I say. PSU has talent, like I mentioned, they hung with OSU and beat Iowa. Claxton is one of the better players in the Big 10, and Walker is one of the better shooters in the Big 10. Cornley is a talented player as well.

That to me shows they are respectable; unlike Minnesota and Northwestern who have no business in Big 10 Basketball right now. And this goes to show that you really have no idea about the Big 10. Despite PSU's record, they have talent, and they are tough to beat.

Oh please, Henderson is good but he's not that good yet. Duke should still win this game even without Gerald. They have Scheyer, Nelson, McRoberts, and Paulus. NC State may be a solid ball club, but you should win this game. This will prove then how good you guys really are. A key player is out, now can you beat a team you should?

Again, have you seen Penn State play this season? They've had their rough patches but when they put it all together, they're dangerous, like they showed today. Steve Lavin said the same thing before the game started that if they start clicking, it could be a very close game.

And I think about 2 pages back when talking to cards I said that it was going to be closer than expected. Hmmm, any correlation to today's game?
                                Penn state is a joke they have won 2 GAMES ALL SEASON in the big 10 and are what 11-18? NCST is 15-14 with two wins over VT and one over UNC.. Come on. NCST>>PSU.

they get smoked.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information